By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If Sea of Thieves Succeeds?

What will happen with Rare if Sea of Thieves is successful?

They'll make more new IPs 13 35.14%

They'll resurrect some of their old IPs 8 21.62%

They'll separate from Microsoft 4 10.81%

They'll expand into other genres 3 8.11%

Other (please specify) 9 24.32%

Total:37
Snoopy said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

Sony Interactive Entertainment Studios want you to hold their beer mate.

Like what? All their games look like reskins/mods of TLOU and Uncharted. Hell, the new GOW game looks like the TLOU in many ways. Has the same plot where you have to guide a kid around and similar mechanics. Just another linear third-person action adventure game.

This is a very interesting observation and I must say I agree.  I was watching the new trailer for GOW not to long ago and a few things stood out to me.  First it doesn't feel like a GOW game.  The gameplay was not appealing to me as it moved away from the combo fun of its roots to this slow slog type of gameplay which is not what I was expecting.  Do not get me wrong the game looks great but as a GOW fan, the change in direction is a huge let down.  I am not sure if I am excited about the new GOW but since I have played them all, I will get it.  I just might not get it day one.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
Snoopy said:

Like what? All their games look like reskins/mods of TLOU and Uncharted. Hell, the new GOW game looks like the TLOU in many ways. Has the same plot where you have to guide a kid around and similar mechanics. Just another linear third-person action adventure game.

This is a very interesting observation and I must say I agree.  I was watching the new trailer for GOW not to long ago and a few things stood out to me.  First it doesn't feel like a GOW game.  The gameplay was not appealing to me as it moved away from the combo fun of its roots to this slow slog type of gameplay which is not what I was expecting.  Do not get me wrong the game looks great but as a GOW fan, the change in direction is a huge let down.  I am not sure if I am excited about the new GOW but since I have played them all, I will get it.  I just might not get it day one.

Cory Barlog explained the new direction that he wanted to take the GoW franchise in the PSX Panel. 

The game is called God of War for a reason, it is a reboot.

You should see it!

If you ask me, i think the game looks great, lets see how the critic receive the game in a few months.

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

Who said mainline? I said Halo is being released yearly between mainline, remaster, collection, spin-offs, etc. That makes the game being released every year, so don't try to dismiss it on someone lack of knowledge.

Star Wars is to Disney a new IP they just bought, so? I don't miss the point. Rock Band and Guitar Hero also had huge following and sales until they dried it out. Halo have been losing sales since 4. But sure MS will keep doing it until it isn't profitable anymore.

How me saying the series was to end on 2 and 3, with Bungie wanting to finish on 3 is silly? You just proved my point that the series was to end, but MS made it keep going to milk it out. If Bungie left to make a game similar to Halo and will do it for another 10 years, that is their choice. Case in point is that they could have been doing it inside of MS if they weren't demanded to keep doing Halo.

About Mojang, I wasn't aware of those 2 games, where they even big releases or micro pet projects like SSM do when helping small teams?

What excuse on PD? They are an independent company that have their own book, with Kazunori being president and taking the decisions also having made games outside of GT. You call it excuse because you can't counter?

Do you have the contract of those devs to be sure about it? Because what we have is more evidence of MS keeping devs doing the same thing when it sells then they doing new IPs.

And what downplay? You have real spin capacities.

Mate Halo gets released yearly however those devs aren't locked into making Halo games. Those devs are contracted to make 1 or 2 and they normally change after that. 343 is the brand designed to make Halo games, and they release them every 3 years. Halo makes a ton of money and expect no less with Halo 6. Look up how much Halo 5 made for MS and you will be shocked. You know why Halo profits so much and the sales seem to be less than the previous game? its because Halo isn't bundled as much as they use to be and Digital sales also take into account. Profits > Sales numbers. 

Disney have made 3 Star Wars movies since they purchased the franchise. 343 have made 3 Halo Games when they were formed. So what's your point?

It doesn't matter what Cobolt and Scrolls are, they are games released by Mojang so your point is invalid.

So what recent games have PD made outside of GT?  

You should be thanking MS for letting Rare make something new not bash them for locking devs into IPs and worried for future games if SoTs is successful.

I for one am looking forward to SoTs if your not. And I will be really happy if Rare support the game years on end.

All companies milk there big IPs if you see it as milking. Its just Halo is a lot bigger than the IPs you probably play which most likely die off and stop selling after awhile. Halo continues to profit massively and MS would be loving it.

Pemalite said:

Call of Duty alternates game releases between developers with their yearly releases.
Assassins Creed alternates game releases between developers with their yearly releases.

Those franchises are usually stamped with a big giant cow as far as milking goes.

Halo... Gets an almost yearly release in the franchise that alternates between different developers.
So... Halo should be held up to the same standard as Call of Duty and Assassins Creed... Ergo. It is a milked franchise.

I am a massive Halo fan, I own *every* Halo game on *every* released platform, but there is no denying that the franchise is a milked franchise.
Even if the games were released on only a bi-yearly cadence, it would still be a milked franchise.

Halo is no different to Mario, Zelda and Pokémon for Nintendo. Huge followings allow for more games made. That's the way it is. CoD releases a mainline CoD game yearly that different devs make. Halo mainline is made every 3 years with an exception of a spin off in between. 

The proof of Halo 5 sales will be those 70% digital attach ratio or the some Billion revenue that used the revenue of the console as well? Sure sure, go there. Let's pretend Halo 5 is even bigger than Halo 3. Still doesn't change the fact that 343i is stuck to Halo and that Bungie left because they were done with Halo.

Your analogies are the most exquisite... so both titles having being release a same number of times by one developer is meant to mean anything?

Your points to deflect are fantastic. So a game made by a small team inside the dev proves they have the freedom to dev what they want?

If you were to ask before GTS, you would be asking "what game PD released recently" because it didn't release any game in the last 4 years? Their contract haven't change as far as we know, so they having released and worked on different games than GT in the past and having no evidence of they wanting to do other thing and not being allowed doesn't prove at all that they aren't allowed to. Again let's go by comparison to ALL Sony devs, not a single one of then is mandated to release a specific game or be stuck on a franchise, not even the ones that answer directly to SEI, so why would the only case be the one that isn't even under SEI? Would that be because you want it to be?

I'm not thanking or bashing MS for locking then to it. You have been rolling this crazy notion during all this conversation. I'm stating what is observable about MS practices.

Also, seems like you have to at least open your eyes to what is outside of MS and see that not all devs do it like this.

Please prove any Zelda being almost yearly or Mario 3D or 2D... the fact that a game have a Mario, Zelda or Pikachu character doesn't make that a milked franchised, at most a milked char.

Snoopy said:
Pemalite said:

Call of Duty alternates game releases between developers with their yearly releases.
Assassins Creed alternates game releases between developers with their yearly releases.

Those franchises are usually stamped with a big giant cow as far as milking goes.

Halo... Gets an almost yearly release in the franchise that alternates between different developers.
So... Halo should be held up to the same standard as Call of Duty and Assassins Creed... Ergo. It is a milked franchise.

I am a massive Halo fan, I own *every* Halo game on *every* released platform, but there is no denying that the franchise is a milked franchise.
Even if the games were released on only a bi-yearly cadence, it would still be a milked franchise.

Every successful game gets milked. Even games like overwatch and counter strike go gets milked because they push microtransactions like crazy. In this industry which we should know about hardly anyone takes chances on new ips. Sure we got pubg, overwatch and destiny that are now popular but those games required a lot of advertisement money.

Nope, not every franchise and not in the same way. There are plenty of successful games from Sony and other 3rd parties that released a number of games and while still successful finished. 

Snoopy said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

Sony Interactive Entertainment Studios want you to hold their beer mate.

Owww man, if you want to go this way we can then go to say all games are the same because you use inputs to play.

Snoopy said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

Signature Material

Can you disprove me?  A simple google search will show a lot of people agree with me. Here is a quote from a forum user that hits the nail on the head. 

Same graphics
Old man with a young kid
Same melee animations
Same camera angle
Same stiff walk animation

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/so-they-basically-reskinned-the-last-of-us-for-the-new-god-of-war.454786363/

So a lot of people agreeing with you makes it true? So I guess it's true MS should leave the gaming business.

Machiavellian said:
Snoopy said:

Didn't know you had platined the game and knew everything from the gameplay even this long before release.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

ThisGuyFooks said:
Machiavellian said:

Cory Barlog explained the new direction that he wanted to take the GoW franchise in the PSX Panel. 

The game is called God of War for a reason, it is a reboot.

You should see it!

If you ask me, i think the game looks great, lets see how the critic receive the game in a few months.

Its not the setting I have a problem with its the gameplay.  Just because someone wants to take a game in a different direction does not mean it will be good. I am fine with the art direction as that part of the game looks great but the gameplay that was fun and combo delicious in the previous games now in this reboot looks heavy and slow.  From what I have seen of the combat it does not look fun like the previous installments but I will reserve judgement until the game release.  

While I enjoyed TLOU, I really do not want GOD to be a reskined TLOU.  That would make me very unhappy about this reboot and probably put me off playing it.

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

Mate Halo gets released yearly however those devs aren't locked into making Halo games. Those devs are contracted to make 1 or 2 and they normally change after that. 343 is the brand designed to make Halo games, and they release them every 3 years. Halo makes a ton of money and expect no less with Halo 6. Look up how much Halo 5 made for MS and you will be shocked. You know why Halo profits so much and the sales seem to be less than the previous game? its because Halo isn't bundled as much as they use to be and Digital sales also take into account. Profits > Sales numbers. 

Disney have made 3 Star Wars movies since they purchased the franchise. 343 have made 3 Halo Games when they were formed. So what's your point?

It doesn't matter what Cobolt and Scrolls are, they are games released by Mojang so your point is invalid.

So what recent games have PD made outside of GT?  

You should be thanking MS for letting Rare make something new not bash them for locking devs into IPs and worried for future games if SoTs is successful.

I for one am looking forward to SoTs if your not. And I will be really happy if Rare support the game years on end.

All companies milk there big IPs if you see it as milking. Its just Halo is a lot bigger than the IPs you probably play which most likely die off and stop selling after awhile. Halo continues to profit massively and MS would be loving it.

Halo is no different to Mario, Zelda and Pokémon for Nintendo. Huge followings allow for more games made. That's the way it is. CoD releases a mainline CoD game yearly that different devs make. Halo mainline is made every 3 years with an exception of a spin off in between. 

The proof of Halo 5 sales will be those 70% digital attach ratio or the some Billion revenue that used the revenue of the console as well? Sure sure, go there. Let's pretend Halo 5 is even bigger than Halo 3. Still doesn't change the fact that 343i is stuck to Halo and that Bungie left because they were done with Halo.

Oh mate Don you never disappoint. 

You haven't proven anything apart from you saying Halo is a milked franchise. Much like majority of the major gaming franchises. You know, Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter, Pokémon, Resident Evil, Mario, Zelda, Gran Turismo etc. I can keep going but ill save my time. 

No one is saying Halo 5 is bigger than Halo 3, It also doesn't have to be. Halo is still making a fortune and that's why MS continue to make them. You would be stupid not to because Halo has one of the biggest followings in the industry.

Look how much money Halo 5 made in its first week.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5-reaches-400-million-in-sales-to-become-bigg/1100-6431980/

^ Cant argue with facts. 

Your analogies are the most exquisite... so both titles having being release a same number of times by one developer is meant to mean anything?

You confuse me, what are you referring to? Star Wars and Halo releases? If so than Disney is definitely milking Star Wars much the same as MS with Halo. Is that a bad thing? No because I love Star Wars and Halo and would love to see more of them.

Your points to deflect are fantastic. So a game made by a small team inside the dev proves they have the freedom to dev what they want?

I proved you wrong with Mojang because Mojang release other games so your point is invalid. No need to keep going there.  

If you were to ask before GTS, you would be asking "what game PD released recently" because it didn't release any game in the last 4 years? Their contract haven't change as far as we know, so they having released and worked on different games than GT in the past and having no evidence of they wanting to do other thing and not being allowed doesn't prove at all that they aren't allowed to. Again let's go by comparison to ALL Sony devs, not a single one of then is mandated to release a specific game or be stuck on a franchise, not even the ones that answer directly to SEI, so why would the only case be the one that isn't even under SEI? Would that be because you want it to be?

That's because none of Sony's brands have been built from the ground up to do so. Ill use Turn 10 as an example. That company would not exist if the Forza series didn't exist. Its a dedicated brand made to make Forza games. Just like 343i with Halo. That's not forcing devs, that's the point of the existence of that company. Forcing is making a company make a game they don't want to. Bungie was a unique case and they didn't want to make Halo anymore, did MS force them? No that's why we have Destiny and 343i.

I'm not thanking or bashing MS for locking then to it. You have been rolling this crazy notion during all this conversation. I'm stating what is observable about MS practices.

What brands under MS that aren't built from the ground up are forced to make one IP? I am still waiting for that answer.

You need to stop comparing apples to oranges and two completely different business models.

Please prove any Zelda being almost yearly or Mario 3D or 2D... the fact that a game have a Mario, Zelda or Pikachu character doesn't make that a milked franchised, at most a milked char.

Lol i am not sure if you are you serious with this one? So games like Mario and Rabbits and Hyrule Warriors aren't classified as milking yet Halo Wars is? That right there is your flaw in your logic. So Mario tennis is not a Mario game? We aren't talking about Kameo's, we are talking actual games. Hyrule Warriors isn't Dynasty Warriors with Link Kameos, they are actual spin off games just like Halo Wars and Forza Horizon.

What's even funnier is that you are in a thread that's all about a company under MS creating a game with full freedom. 

Last edited by Azzanation - on 14 December 2017

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

Oh mate Don you never disappoint. 

You haven't proven anything apart from you saying Halo is a milked franchise. Much like majority of the major gaming franchises. You know, Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter, Pokémon, Resident Evil, Mario, Zelda, Gran Turismo etc. I can keep going but ill save my time. 

No one is saying Halo 5 is bigger than Halo 3, It also doesn't have to be. Halo is still making a fortune and that's why MS continue to make them. You would be stupid not to because Halo has one of the biggest followings in the industry.

Look how much money Halo 5 made in its first week.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5-reaches-400-million-in-sales-to-become-bigg/1100-6431980/

^ Cant argue with facts. 

You confuse me, what are you referring to? Star Wars and Halo releases? If so than Disney is definitely milking Star Wars much the same as MS with Halo. Is that a bad thing? No because I love Star Wars and Halo and would love to see more of them.

I proved you wrong with Mojang because Mojang release other games so your point is invalid. No need to keep going there.  

That's because none of Sony's brands have been built from the ground up to do so. Ill use Turn 10 as an example. That company would not exist if the Forza series didn't exist. Its a dedicated brand made to make Forza games. Just like 343i with Halo. That's not forcing devs, that's the point of the existence of that company. Forcing is making a company make a game they don't want to. Bungie was a unique case and they didn't want to make Halo anymore, did MS force them? No that's why we have Destiny and 343i.

What brands under MS that aren't built from the ground up are forced to make one IP? I am still waiting for that answer.

You need to stop comparing apples to oranges and two completely different business models.

Lol i am not sure if you are you serious with this one? So games like Mario and Rabbits and Hyrule Warriors aren't classified as milking yet Halo Wars is? That right there is your flaw in your logic. So Mario tennis is not a Mario game? We aren't talking about Kameo's, we are talking actual games. Hyrule Warriors isn't Dynasty Warriors with Link Kameos, they are actual spin off games just like Halo Wars and Forza Horizon.

What's even funnier is that you are in a thread that's all about a company under MS creating a game with full freedom. 

I so much doesn't disappoint that even knew the evidence you were going to post, is that something right?

I'm not talking about MS having to kill off Halo, I said Bungie wanted to finish the story. MS didn't want, Bungie left and they put another studio to do it. And they on X1X are essentialy making yearly titles and milking it. May the dry it or will it keep steady? Who knows, but the balance is very delicate. Although while they keep making quality game the sales will probably keep coming.

Disney is certainly milking it, and they bought it for this purpose. I love Star Wars, and by that, I'm restricting to the original trilogy not the shenanigans. How many the Last Jedi will they decide to make?

Errrr you know it doesn't really have any difference on the forcing between making a studio for it or making other do it right? Because if the studio made to do it want to do any other thing and can't they would be forced to do it. And I already gave you the example of coalition being made to do Gears and Lions being closed after being forced to just do Fable and you asked for examples but after receiving you excused then.

None of Sony studios were build to do one franchise because that isn't how Sony operates, it is how MS operates. I even gave you the example of Sony buying MM for they to do LBP, still the company was then doing Dreams and another company done LBP3. That is similar to ND being bought for Crash but still have changed to major IPs 3 times.

I already gave you 2 examples, Bungie was bought and kept for Halo, release when they refused to keep making it, Coalition wasn't made for Gears but then were forced to it, Lions the same. Besides all the other studios MS funded and closed without releasing a single game.

Shall I repeat that using the Mario character isn't the same as releasing a remaster, a collection, a sequel, etc one after the other? I haven't classified Halo Wars as milking the mainline Halo (although it's milking the franchise, because it isn't Master Chief Wars, it's Halo Wars). If you can't see any difference ok. Kkkkkkk you are joking right? There are plethora Dinasty Warriors skins, Hyrule Wars certainly isn't a Zelda spin-off unless you are willing to reach outside the galaxy.

This is a thread asking what if the game succeed. And the point I'm making and you want to consider as impossible is that MS is more likely to keep the dev doing that game if it is a major success than allow then to leave the franchise die... and you already said, if they let a successful franchise be finsihed they are dumb. You can't have it both ways.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Azzanation said:

That is still milking a franchise.

Snoopy said:

Every successful game gets milked. Even games like overwatch and counter strike go gets milked because they push microtransactions like crazy. In this industry which we should know about hardly anyone takes chances on new ips. Sure we got pubg, overwatch and destiny that are now popular but those games required a lot of advertisement money.

Not every successful game. But a vast majority do, thus I do agree with you there.

Milking of franchises isn't Microsoft exclusive though, it's present on every platform.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Azzanation said:

That is still milking a franchise.

Snoopy said:

Not every successful game. But a vast majority do, thus I do agree with you there.

Milking of franchises isn't Microsoft exclusive though, it's present on every platform.

Both answers are perfectly acceptable.

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

I so much doesn't disappoint that even knew the evidence you were going to post, is that something right?

I'm not talking about MS having to kill off Halo, I said Bungie wanted to finish the story. MS didn't want, Bungie left and they put another studio to do it. And they on X1X are essentialy making yearly titles and milking it. May the dry it or will it keep steady? Who knows, but the balance is very delicate. Although while they keep making quality game the sales will probably keep coming.

^ Any company would have done the same with Halo and all companies are guilty for doing the same thing. You need to stop pointing fingers at one company for a industry wide practise.

Disney is certainly milking it, and they bought it for this purpose. I love Star Wars, and by that, I'm restricting to the original trilogy not the shenanigans. How many the Last Jedi will they decide to make?

Halo is definitely worth milking because its an amazing franchise just like Star Wars. As for your sentence, what do you even mean by "How many of the Last Jedi will they make? What does that even mean? Obviously one..  

Errrr you know it doesn't really have any difference on the forcing between making a studio for it or making other do it right? Because if the studio made to do it want to do any other thing and can't they would be forced to do it. And I already gave you the example of coalition being made to do Gears and Lions being closed after being forced to just do Fable and you asked for examples but after receiving you excused then.

No the point is you don't understand the business model. Yes in theory they are forced to make this franchise however that's what there hired to do. A police officers job is to police, not paid to fight fires. Are you forced at your work to work for your company? Haha honestly man this is making me laugh. 

None of Sony studios were build to do one franchise because that isn't how Sony operates, it is how MS operates. I even gave you the example of Sony buying MM for they to do LBP, still the company was then doing Dreams and another company done LBP3. That is similar to ND being bought for Crash but still have changed to major IPs 3 times.

Yes and I gave you an example of Mojang making other games and Rare is another.

I already gave you 2 examples, Bungie was bought and kept for Halo, release when they refused to keep making it, Coalition wasn't made for Gears but then were forced to it, Lions the same. Besides all the other studios MS funded and closed without releasing a single game.

MS sold Bungie to give them the freedom to make something else. If they were forced then MS would have forced them to make Halo 4 and not sold them off. So they weren't forced in the end, they were asked to make more Halo games and declined. Coalition have a contract to make a Gears Trilogy, that's not being forced to make Gears for there life. Lionhead Studios was what it is, a lost brand and closed. Do you actually think MS is the only company to close down devs? Honestly.

Shall I repeat that using the Mario character isn't the same as releasing a remaster, a collection, a sequel, etc one after the other? I haven't classified Halo Wars as milking the mainline Halo (although it's milking the franchise, because it isn't Master Chief Wars, it's Halo Wars). If you can't see any difference ok. Kkkkkkk you are joking right? There are plethora Dinasty Warriors skins, Hyrule Wars certainly isn't a Zelda spin-off unless you are willing to reach outside the galaxy.

This is the stupidest thing iv read today if I am reading this correctly. Mario and Rabbits and Hyrule Warriors fit the same list as Halo Wars, there spin off games not kameos. This is a prime example of milking franchises which we came to the terms Halo is as well. Mario releases a different game yearly and so does majority of Nintendo franchises. You need to start understanding that Halo is up there as one of the biggest franchises in the industry which will have similar treatment to other major franchises. Now you are counting remasters, shall you tell me how many Shadows of the Colossus and God of War Remasters they have made? 343 made MCC and Sony did the exact same thing shortly after with Uncharted NDC.. strange how you ignore others doing the very same thing.

This is a thread asking what if the game succeed. And the point I'm making and you want to consider as impossible is that MS is more likely to keep the dev doing that game if it is a major success than allow then to leave the franchise die... and you already said, if they let a successful franchise be finsihed they are dumb. You can't have it both ways.

Your idea of MS doing this is far form the truth however glad its your opinion. If anything MS will build a separate company to continue SoTs if its incredibly successful because that's how MS do it. I stated I would love Rare to support the game as long as they can because I am not desperate for new IPs, I am happy investing my time in a good game. However most likely Rare will go on to make other games after this while someone else takes over. Similar to how Iron Galaxy oversees Killer Instinct. That's how MS operate.

From reading all your replies, its clear you have a one sided opinion and set in your ways to have a negative response to anything MS do. Open your eyes up more and see what's happening around you first before throwing punches at a company doing no different than others out there.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 15 December 2017

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

^ Any company would have done the same with Halo and all companies are guilty for doing the same thing. You need to stop pointing fingers at one company for a industry wide practise.

Halo is definitely worth milking because its an amazing franchise just like Star Wars. As for your sentence, what do you even mean by "How many of the Last Jedi will they make? What does that even mean? Obviously one..  

No the point is you don't understand the business model. Yes in theory they are forced to make this franchise however that's what there hired to do. A police officers job is to police, not paid to fight fires. Are you forced at your work to work for your company? Haha honestly man this is making me laugh. 

Yes and I gave you an example of Mojang making other games and Rare is another.

MS sold Bungie to give them the freedom to make something else. If they were forced then MS would have forced them to make Halo 4 and not sold them off. So they weren't forced in the end, they were asked to make more Halo games and declined. Coalition have a contract to make a Gears Trilogy, that's not being forced to make Gears for there life. Lionhead Studios was what it is, a lost brand and closed. Do you actually think MS is the only company to close down devs? Honestly.

This is the stupidest thing iv read today. Mario and Rabbits and Hyrule Warriors fit the same list as Halo Wars, there spin off games not kameos. This is a prime example of milking franchises which we came to the terms Halo is as well. Mario releases a different game yearly and so does majority of Nintendo franchises. You need to start understanding that Halo is up there as one of the biggest franchises in the industry which will have similar treatment to other major franchises. Now you are counting remasters, shall you tell me how many Shadows of the Colossus and God of War Remasters they have made? 343 made MCC and Sony did the exact same thing shortly after with Uncharted NDC.. strange how you ignore others doing the very same thing.

Your idea of MS doing this is far form the truth however glad its your opinion. If anything MS will build a separate company to continue SoTs if its incredibly successful because that's how MS do it. I stated I would love Rare to support the game as long as they can because I am not desperate for new IPs, I am happy investing my time in a good game. However most likely Rare will go on to make other games after this while someone else takes over. Similar to how Iron Galaxy oversees Killer Instinct. That's how MS operate.

From reading all your replies, its clear you have a one sided opinion and set in your ways to have a negative response to anything MS do. Open your eyes up more and see what's happening around you first before throwing punches at a company doing no different than others out there.

How much spin are you going to make? Whenever your point is inefective you say everyone does it even when show that isn't a rule at all. And again not point any fingers, just giving you evidence that contradicts your narrative. If you get out of your over defensive position you may see it.

What does it mean? That they have "killed" and redone the Jedi more than once.

You are hired to do what the company expect you to do, you are still to show any real difference between creating and studio that is supposed to do only that or were turned to it after. Both are being forced, as much as when you are hired to a company they'll have the initial expectations and agreement, but after they may have others, both you are still mandated to follow. You are the one trying to differentiate as if it really made much difference.

Mojang I accept as an example still you are trying to make it seem like Mojang left Minecraft behind to make another big game, because that is the point of the thread and MS mandating its dev to keep doing what is doing success. And Rare haven't really hit gold under MS to be kept doing it, that is another point.

Bungie was let go because MS knew that if they kept forcing a Halo from them it wouldn't do good for MS. Coalition wasn't created for Gears, but you can't even accept you were provided with a dev that wasn't created to do a single franchise, but is being demanded to do it. And how are they contracted to do the trilogy if they are in house studio?

Man you really are reaching when you make characters a sinonimous of franchise.

Glad you think I'm the one sided one, congratulations. And how long are you going to keep accusing me of attacking MS for stating what is verifiable? I haven't once criticized they doing it, and it's funny that you say all companies do it, but then defend the point as if MS isn't doing.

Will you at least accept that you were given examples of studios that weren't created to make a single franchise but were mandated to do so or you'll keep trying to excuse it?