By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sakura and a bunch of new characters revealed for Street Fighter V

Sakura, Sagat and Blanka are very welcome additions. 

Around the Network

Who is 'G'?

Cody smartening up I see. reformed, got himself a job. Good work.

Hmm, pie.

I like what they are doing with this along with the Arcade Edition features. Plus, the Arcarde Edition features are free for the early adopters of the game. I just wished they included these features sooner. I know content takes time to develop but you put a bad taste in the more casual players' mouths when you release the game with little single-player content and a rough online experience. Plus, the single-player campaign that did release for free wasn't that good. I guess the season pass characters sorta make up for it, but even then, paying those along with individual costumes were kinda low. Hopefully the Arcade Edition can satisfy most (if not all) of the early adopters of the game.

Sagat is back boys. Time to get that online hatemail.

I'm excited to try all of them out and really hope Blanka isn't dumb this time.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

The new stage is her Alpha 2 stage.

Around the Network

Sakura as airline stewardess getting into street fights between flights is a smart move. Modern day "World Warrior."

The Fury said:
Who is 'G'

There's speculation that he is Greg from Bloody Roar.

By now you've probably spotted the most obvious hint: the fact that "Greg" starts with "G." It's a little on the nose, but it is certainly worth mentioning.

The strongest hint here, however, is the fact that Greg can transform into a gorilla. You may recall a scene from Ed's story mode in which his squad members were shown. If not, here's the art piece:

That's right. There's a large gorilla character on Ed's team, and as Du Nguyen notes, it has red, green, and blue circles on it. This leads us right to our next clue.

In the new Arcade Edition trailer, what follows G is three spinning circles that contain scenes for Zeku, Abigail, and Cody. The circles shown here are, of course, red, green, and blue.

This could merely be coincidence, but still, it's fascinating.

Obviously, this isn't confirmed in any way. But from what we've seen here, the connection definitely seems plausible.

If G turns out to be Greg, it will be interesting to hear how this came about. Did Capcom purchase the rights to Bloody Roar? Is it just a tribute?

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/dec/11/wait-street-fighter-5-season-3s-new-character-g-actually-greg-bloody-roar/

Hiku said:
The Fury said:
Who is 'G'

There's speculation that he is Greg from Bloody Roar.

By now you've probably spotted the most obvious hint: the fact that "Greg" starts with "G." It's a little on the nose, but it is certainly worth mentioning.

The strongest hint here, however, is the fact that Greg can transform into a gorilla. You may recall a scene from Ed's story mode in which his squad members were shown. If not, here's the art piece:

That's right. There's a large gorilla character on Ed's team, and as Du Nguyen notes, it has red, green, and blue circles on it. This leads us right to our next clue.

In the new Arcade Edition trailer, what follows G is three spinning circles that contain scenes for Zeku, Abigail, and Cody. The circles shown here are, of course, red, green, and blue.

This could merely be coincidence, but still, it's fascinating.

Obviously, this isn't confirmed in any way. But from what we've seen here, the connection definitely seems plausible.

If G turns out to be Greg, it will be interesting to hear how this came about. Did Capcom purchase the rights to Bloody Roar? Is it just a tribute?

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/dec/11/wait-street-fighter-5-season-3s-new-character-g-actually-greg-bloody-roar/

I really hope this is true!!! I WANT A NEW BLOODY ROAR GAME!!!!!!!!

YUGO THE WOLF!!!! XD

Heavenly_King said:

I really hope this is true!!! I WANT A NEW BLOODY ROAR GAME!!!!!!!!

YUGO THE WOLF!!!! XD

Man, I'd love that. If this G is great that would be a big thing.

However, when Hudson ceased to be, they were acquire by Konami and well, they don't exactly like making games anymore.

I'm still after a new Star Gladiator game myself.

Hmm, pie.

How disrespectful that Satay had to wait until season 3 to be included.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.