By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4’s 2018 exclusive games: One of the best years for a console in gaming history?

This will always be a matter of opinion, but if none of PS4’s currently announced 2018 games get delayed (and Shawn Layden said Sony are giving release dates/windows now only when they feel absolutely sure of them), I think this will undoubtedly be one of the best years ever for a video game system. And for gaming in general, when you consider the great multiplats coming (e.g. Red Dead) and Nintendo’s inevitable gems.

Ps4’s 2018 was already going to be big with SotC remake, God of War, Spider-Man, Detroit, Ni No Kuni, etc., but PSX just brought confirmation that both Days Gone and Dreams will also be releasing in 2018. It’s actually at the point now where the quantity may become a negative thing, since there will obviously be a ton of multiplats as well. IGN referred to PS4’s 2018 as a “traffic jam” of exclusives (video linked below).

Anyway, here’s the list, along with release dates/windows—as far as we know. Please feel free to let me know things I missed or got wrong, and I’ll add or change them in the OP. I will also try to keep this list updated throughout the year as new info releases, so this can serve as an ongoing game and release date resource for 2018.

SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS REMAKE:  2/6/18

NI NO KUNI:  3/23/18

YAKUZA 6: 3/2018

GOD OF WAR:  “early 2018” UPDATE—>4/20/18. Though GoW games have always released in March. Oh, and the Game length is checking out at 25-35 hours.

DETROIT:  Spring 2018, so approximately April-June. UPDATE—>5/25/18

SPIDER-MAN:  First half of 2018. I think Sony would want to release this while there was still a lot of hype over Avengers: Infinity War, which releases 5/4/18. So i would suspect either May or June (nless it gets delayed). 

DAYS GONE:  Only window given was 2018, to my knowledge. Shu said the game is playable from beginning to end, and that Bend is now only working on polishing the game. UPDATE—DELAYED TO 2019. Maybe it was more of a business decision than a time issue. 

DREAMS:  Only window given was 2018. It will also have a beta. 

CONCRETE GENIE:  2018

DISSIDIA FF:  2018

Medieval:  2018

IGN video—“Sony’s 2018 First Party Traffic Jam”

http://m.ign.com/videos/2017/12/10/sonys-2018-first-party-traffic-jam-psx-2017

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 09 March 2018

Around the Network

to be fair you could have said the same this year, every year is a good year for PS as far as games go

Ruler said:

to be fair you could have said the same this year, every year is a good year for PS as far as games go

I think 2017 was an awesome year for PS4, but 2018 will be on a different level, if nothing gets delayed. 

2019 will be even better

Not even close. Lol

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

Yeah personally looks pretty terrible exclusive wise. 2017 had Persona 5, Nioh, Yakuza which these 3 alone > everything 2018. And thats without mentioning top games like Uncharted, GT Sport and the glorious most valorous Knack 2.

To be fair the games in 2018 have to actually release before I can judge them, but just going off my personal expectations it doesn't look too good.

Nintendo had Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Arms, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem Echoes, Metroid: Samus Returns, ... all in one year. Sure, Sony's 2018 may turn out to be better than Nintendo's 2017, but so far it isn't, imo.

Flilix said:
Nintendo had Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Arms, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem Echoes, Metroid: Samus Returns, ... all in one year. Sure, Sony's 2018 may turn out to be better than Nintendo's 2017, but so far it isn't, imo.

Considering that Zelda: BotW and Mario Odyssey are probably GOTG contenders then yes Nintendo had a bigger year.

LipeJJ said:
Not even close. Lol

Are you going to contribute anything else to go along with that statement?

Farsala said:
Yeah personally looks pretty terrible exclusive wise. 2017 had Persona 5, Nioh, Yakuza which these 3 alone > everything 2018. And thats without mentioning top games like Uncharted, GT Sport and the glorious most valorous Knack 2.

To be fair the games in 2018 have to actually release before I can judge them, but just going off my personal expectations it doesn't look too good.

Well I’m not saying this as much in terms of my personal taste; rather, more from an objective perspective—like what will the average person and Game news website say at the end of 2018. I have no interest in Ni No Kuni 2, Dissidia FF, Yakuza, and maybe even others on that list. They’re on the list bc they’re quality exclusives, in spite of how I personally feel about them.