By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Future of Today's Games

This is one reason that consoles becoming more like PC's excites me. If we see backwards compatibility with previous gens, while also having the simplicity of having a console, that would be amazing. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

^ You do have a point there, there aren't all negatives when tending towards PC.

SegataSanshiro said:
I was thinking just on the headline alone. I miss the days when games went more for style and used a lot of colors.

I think developers are returning to stylised games, where really your imagination is the limit on what you can do. The most recent example we have is Cuphead.

KBG29 said:
Nubmer 1 thing I am looking for out of this is the return of handhelds and gaming phones.

Good to see you consistent with your all-in-one mobile, maybe one day!

Turkish said:
Yeah, remember when I made those threads about scalability?

Unlocked fps and dynamic resolution should be features in all games so they can instantly take advantage of new hardware.

Do you have links to share?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

It's not going to turn them into VR games now is it. Nearing the 90 hour mark in Skyrim VR, I'll stick with remakes :)

PC does have the ability to mod VR into games, yet I doubt mods can add satisfying control methods or can fix the things that look wrong in VR. Or maybe they can. Fallout 4 VR needs some updates to fix the night sky issue and limited control options. Anyway it's more work than higher res filtering!

SvennoJ said:
It's not going to turn them into VR games now is it.

Is that the future?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:
SvennoJ said:
It's not going to turn them into VR games now is it.

Is that the future?

VR is definitely the future. I expect all major AAA games to be either VR only or VR supported with next gen consoles. 

After you play VR with Motion, going back to a TV and M&K/Controller feels extreamly restricted. I describe tradtional gaming as being strapped in a wheel chair, with with handcuffs, a neck brace, and a welding helmet. Once you get the ability to use your legs, your body, your arms, your hands, your fingers, your neck, your head, and your eyes, you don't want to go back to being restricted to your thumbs and a couple of fingers.

I agree that we should see all games be backwards compatible next gen, and with even Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo building around scalabilty, our librarys should improve just due to better hardware. This is a really good thing, and something that Kutaragi was trying to accomplish with Cell, across all devices. It is nice to see that future beginning to arrive.

Like SvennoJ said, "It's not going to turn them into VR...". We will still see remasters next gen, but they will be adapted to VR, and be as playabke the way they were ment to be played had it not been for the restrictions of a TV and Controller.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
It's not going to turn them into VR games now is it. Nearing the 90 hour mark in Skyrim VR, I'll stick with remakes :)

PC does have the ability to mod VR into games, yet I doubt mods can add satisfying control methods or can fix the things that look wrong in VR. Or maybe they can. Fallout 4 VR needs some updates to fix the night sky issue and limited control options. Anyway it's more work than higher res filtering!

Hopefully Final Fantasy XV will get VR support when they bring it to PC.

caffeinade said:
SvennoJ said:

Hopefully Final Fantasy XV will get VR support when they bring it to PC.

That would be neat. I wonder what will work better. 'Inhabit' one party member for optimum immersion, or 3rd person VR to control the party. I haven't played it, is it still classic 3rd person style?

KBG29 said:
TomaTito said:

Is that the future?

VR is definitely the future. I expect all major AAA games to be either VR only or VR supported with next gen consoles.

I feel it's the opposite.

VR has sort of stalled in recent time... Oculus Rift, HTC VIve have gone nowhere.
Playstation VR hasn't exactly set the world on fire in total units sold.

Hardware isn't reaching any kind of decent marketshare to make software development viable... And then you have the software devs.
Eve online developer has abandoned the VR ship, Guerrilla Cambridge got closed by Sony, Occulus shut it's VR film studio...
Crytek and Ubisoft haven't really seen any sales success with it's VR titles.

And then the hardware cost of the peripherals is almost equivalent/sometimes more than a gaming console.

I feel like there is to much hype and no substance in regards to VR.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
KBG29 said:

VR has sort of stalled in recent time... Oculus Rift, HTC VIve have gone nowhere.

Hardware isn't reaching any kind of decent marketshare to make software development viable... And then you have the software devs.
Eve online developer has abandoned the VR ship, Guerrilla Cambridge got closed by Sony, Occulus shut it's VR film studio...

And then the hardware cost of the peripherals is almost equivalent/sometimes more than a gaming console.

Wasn't there also news on the owners of HTC Vive giving up on the property altogether?, basically meaning that HTC Vive will eventually fade out, leaving just OR (which looks like it'll fade eventually itself) and PSVR. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Pemalite said:

Wasn't there also news on the owners of HTC Vive giving up on the property altogether?, basically meaning that HTC Vive will eventually fade out, leaving just OR (which looks like it'll fade eventually itself) and PSVR. 

If you're talking about those rumors about HTC selling the VR division, they were not only proven wrong but HTC announced a new standalone VR headset called Vive Wave.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.