By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ghost Of Tsushima - Things We Learned

Sources:

https://www.dualshockers.com/ghost-tsushima-much-larger-infamous-second-son-sword-fighting-already-playable/

Ghost Of Tsushima - 8 Things We Learned At PSX 2017!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQDkYXLptOM

TLDR/W:

• It's about the invasion of Japan by Mongols in 1274, and you play as a Samurai on the losing side.
  • You have to learn a new combat style a ghost way of combat and that's how you then take your revenge.
  • Sucker Punch changed direction from inFAMOUS because sometimes creatively it's good to be freaked out.
  • It's open world.
  • The voice in the trailer is the Mongol Khan.
  • All the locations shown in the trailer are in the game. Tsushima is a Japanese island, and the invasion took place in this location.
  • They're not telling a true story, but it's based on reality and there is certain things they want to get right and be respectful to the facts.
  • The game's symbol is 2 mountains in a circle, and it's a family crest. (frictional)
  • They mo-capped horses.
  • The game is also much bigger than Infamous second son.
  • In development for over 3 years
  • Swordplay is somewhat ready
Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 10 December 2017

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

So is the gameplay like in Nioh or more hack`n slash?

We knew almost all of these things?

I guess I didn't know the last three really, although I don't know why I should care about mo-cap in game. It was pretty cool seeing them being interviewed though even though they were a bit awkward on stage. I want a special edition of this game that comes with uncut footage of the mo cap stickers falling off the horses and the crew putting them back on xD

KLXVER said:

no clue, i'm guessing something like the Witcher

According to a dualshockers article, it's in development for over 2 years. Also the swordplay is somewhat ready and Shu played it. The game is also much bigger than Infamous second son.

https://www.dualshockers.com/ghost-tsushima-much-larger-infamous-second-son-sword-fighting-already-playable/

There is also no chance this being even close to a release date. So mid 2019 to begin 2020 is my estimate.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Qwark said: 

There is also no chance this being even close to a release date. So mid 2019 to begin 2020 is my estimate.

I don't want these games announced if I can't play them in at least a year and a half   No fair!!!

Qwark said:

According to a dualshockers article, it's in development for over 2 years. Also the swordplay is somewhat ready and Shu played it. The game is also much bigger than Infamous second son.

adding to OP

deskpro2k3 said:
KLXVER said:

no clue, i'm guessing something like the Witcher

Neither? It's gonna have a heavy focus on stealth, similar to Tenchu. At the end of the trailer we see the masked protagonist kill an enemy from above, scabbord on his back...

Hunting Season is done...

Didnt they say the game has been in development over 3 years in Paris Games week? Or is the full development been over 2 years? Hopefully the game will be good, because I really like open world games.

RoboTin said:
Didnt they say the game has been in development over 3 years in Paris Games week? Or is the full development been over 2 years? Hopefully the game will be good, because I really like open world games.

Yeah, the 2 years thing can’t be right. inFAMOUS Second Son released March 2014, so it’s been 3 years and 9 months since Sucker Punch released a game. They made the First Light dlc, but it’s doubtful the whole team worked on that.