Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

Miyamotoo said:
Tmfwang said:
So PS4 just had its best month ever, even better than launch month (according to Dualshockers)

It seems that is case for XB1 also, very impresive.

As I understand it, Xbox had its best selling November, not the best of all time.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Miyamotoo said:

It seems that is case for XB1 also, very impresive.

As I understand it, Xbox had its best selling November, not the best of all time.

Yeah, its seem that only launch November in case of XB1 was stronger.

tbone51 said:
quickrick said:
its confirmed now switch was 800k for the delusional.

Now to fix this attitude of yours.... I hope switch wins next month but only to hear what you will say about it xD

Sure thing the only reason you want Switch to win is to correct the guys manners =p

To a great December to all.

StarDoor said:
Bandorr said:

Best drink. Best drink ever. Same thing. Best drink. Best drink since last one. - Very different.

Remove "ever" from "best month ever since launch" the meaning stays the same. It is the second best selling month.

Remove "since launch" and suddenly the meaning wildly changes.

If the November > launch - he wouldn't have added "since launch"

Yet you are arguing removing the two words at the end that radically change the meaning.. AS opposed to the redundant one in middle of the sentence?

OK, how about "Best drink ever since last one"? Do you really see no problem with that? "Ever" clearly shouldn't be in the sentence at all. At least Don is from Brazil, so it's not like he's going to be as familiar with natural English as native speakers. You're apparently from the United States, so what's your excuse?

Gotta be pretty desperate to make such a .. lacking argument. Does the switch selling less than launch month bother you that much? You may have too much invested in these systems.

Obviously not, seeing as how I just said that I think Zhuge meant that Switch sold less in November than in March. You should try actually reading the post next time. Or just work on your reading comprehension. One of the two.

I accept my bad English knowledge altough I talk to american quite often, but certainly not on daily informal conversation. But my point was that people use the words imprecisely even when it's their native language. And also, you can't really refute the point of the "and they lived happily ever after". Because you said that ever should only be used as absolute, so the after is pointless, and also since you can't see the future you shouldn't use ever at all.

Shadow1980 said:
Well, at least we have PS4 & XBO numbers now. I'll update my charts later tonight. Just got home from work and I need to eat something.

If we get more concrete Switch numbers, someone let me know. Knowing me, I'll end up missing it or getting sidetracked and forgetting to check.

Yesterday we didn't had the final numbers, just better points of estimative (1.3<X1<1.5) and PS4>1.55, did we get anything outside of VGC?

Tmfwang said:
So PS4 just had its best month ever, even better than launch month (according to Dualshockers)

Also according to NPD, on their venture beat report, the link was posted here, the 3rd or 4th block had PS4 as having their best month ever, in a different one had X1 having its best November (I think they included the launch November as well) and Switch having its best Month since launch.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

https://www.resetera.com/threads/npd-november-2017-call-of-duty-ww2-1-sw-ps4-1-hw.11227/page-27#post-2169684

XBO X - 430K

Switch ~750K

Sh1nn said:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/npd-november-2017-call-of-duty-ww2-1-sw-ps4-1-hw.11227/page-27#post-2169684

XBO X - 430K

Switch ~750K

Dayum both end up doing well! 

Edit: switch minimum at 750k it isnt 100% could be 800k for ex

Last edited by tbone51 - on 15 December 2017

Around the Network
Sh1nn said:

Switch ~750K

Is that the final number? Lower than I expected, if so.

Sh1nn said:

XBO X - 430K

Switch ~750K

They specifically said that it did 2.5X what it did in October.

But can we just get good old numbers instead of multiplication and approximation ?

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

CGI-Quality said:
Sh1nn said:

Switch ~750K

Is that the final number? Lower than I expected, if so.

Na, its over that so 750k is the floor. If it were close to 3x they would of said so. 

Ex: 2.6x would mean 780k or 2.7x wpuld be 810k. Unless it is exactly 2.5 but it says over. 

Reading the source, they say 2.5x over October. So that should be, roughly 8-815K. That would be closer to what I was expecting.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 15 December 2017

CGI-Quality said:
Reading the source, they say 2.5x over October. So that should be, roughly 8-815K. That would be closer to what I was expecting.

No all that says is 750k is the floor. Could be 770k for all we kno

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 15 December 2017