By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

ryuzaki57 said:
Is Switch supply lacking again? I didn't expect a Switch slowdown now, but if Switch's popularity is waning already then 2018 is not looking good. Needless to say, Platinum Games & Sega will face a huge cost of opportunity.

Great for PS4 and amazing rise for X1.

Two things:

1. Switch slowdown? How do you mean?

2. Go buy Battlefront 2, the game Sony got in bed with rather than the Bayonetta IP. Nintendo snatched that one up.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Is Switch supply lacking again? I didn't expect a Switch slowdown now, but if Switch's popularity is waning already then 2018 is not looking good. Needless to say, Platinum Games & Sega will face a huge cost of opportunity.

Two things:

2. Go buy Battlefront 2, the game Sony got in bed with rather than the Bayonetta IP. Nintendo snatched that one up.

Actually, that's a great point! Switch had its best month since launch. It had the second highest first November for a Nintendo system. How did it slow down?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

I thought the switch would be second :S

But PS4 is doomed right?

Switch did well. XB1 also did well and the X was a good effort to win a huge month, but unfortunately for them the $199 PS4 was too good.

The numbers are wrong, but is the up 40% claim for PS4 and XB1 still true?

If so we can estimate what PS4 and XB1 was last year and use a range.

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
KLAMarine said:

Two things:

Actually, that's a great point! Switch had its best month since launch. It had the second highest first November for a Nintendo system. How did it slow down?

I've read Switch had the best month since launch month. There was no source for that claim though.

kazuyamishima said:
But PS4 is doomed right?

Who said this?

kazuyamishima said:
But PS4 is doomed right?

I heard more Switch being doomed than PS4

KLAMarine said:
DonFerrari said:

Every single post that wasn't praising Nintendo sales got massively downvoted, even when made as an answer to another post... I even suspect the return of the NDF parallel group.

Who?

Nintendo Defense Force... always at hand when someone doesnt praise Nintendo.

Slownenberg said:
Is this correct? Didn't Switch sell the most over Black Friday? Between that and extra stock for Mario at the beginning of the month it is hard to imagine those numbers are accurate unless they just had like zero stock the rest of the month.

That is what happens when someone blindly believe Adobe report and closes to counterargument.

acdcste said:
quickrick said:

available  for purchase at every major retailer online, except amazon. plenty of stock.

How many times are you going to repeat the same thing?

As many as you and other say it was totally sold out or that stock was an issue for the November switchs sale.

acdcste said:
quickrick said:

people keep making up shit, to make excuses, hopefully they can stop. otherwise i will keep correcting.

Where is your evidence to say it isn’t? Actual evidence by the way not just you saying it isn’t hard to come by? And for me switch numbers are fine for a system that’s not got a discount applied. Plus the number is low anyway and will be higher when we get the actual numbers next Thursday.

nowinstock, managers of the stores, several online stores, etc...

ryuzaki57 said:

Nope. It was available in sufficient quantity. And yes 800k if final number is quite good.

zorg1000 said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

They either have stock or they dont!

Im confused!

Im confused, i have no idea what you are talking about.

If stock was an issue that prevented November sales from being higher how it would double for December if there was no inventory and basically would receive just the monthly output.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Looks like PS4 stays the #1 for the US this year, and by a healthy margin. XBO did pretty good, but I guess no more wins for it for the rest of the generation. And Switch did less than the PS4's first holiday, without launch sales, but still good. $299 is just too much to get it over that 1M mark. Maybe next year when it's $249. Though, I'm guessing $199 will be when it happens. 

Last edited by thismeintiel - on 08 December 2017

DonFerrari said:
KLAMarine said:

Who?

Nintendo Defense Force... always at hand when someone doesnt praise Nintendo.

Slownenberg said:
Is this correct? Didn't Switch sell the most over Black Friday? Between that and extra stock for Mario at the beginning of the month it is hard to imagine those numbers are accurate unless they just had like zero stock the rest of the month.

That is what happens when someone blindly believe Adobe report and closes to counterargument.

acdcste said:

How many times are you going to repeat the same thing?

As many as you and other say it was totally sold out or that stock was an issue for the November switchs sale.

acdcste said:

Where is your evidence to say it isn’t? Actual evidence by the way not just you saying it isn’t hard to come by? And for me switch numbers are fine for a system that’s not got a discount applied. Plus the number is low anyway and will be higher when we get the actual numbers next Thursday.

nowinstock, managers of the stores, several online stores, etc...

ryuzaki57 said:

Nope. It was available in sufficient quantity. And yes 800k if final number is quite good.

zorg1000 said:

Im confused, i have no idea what you are talking about.

If stock was an issue that prevented November sales from being higher how it would double for December if there was no inventory and basically would receive just the monthly output.

But i never said it had stock issues so i have no idea why he tried using that argument against me.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.