By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

jason1637 said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

I think this month, the Xbox One X will be a non factor tho.

Now that it doesn't have Pre-Orders to back it up, the S will remain the key to move high amount of units.

The X is ranked at No. 41 in Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-X-1TB-Console/dp/B074WPGYRF/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1512756567&sr=1-3&keywords=xbox%2Bone%2Bx&th=1

My prediction remains the same, Xbox will end the year with 0-12 NPD's.

I think the X will do more than the Pro did in its first December so 240k+ which is pretty good for a $500 console. Not sure if the XBO will be the best selling console in December though. I think PS4 will take the month but the sales should be good overall for PS4 and XBO.

The gap is going to be bigger between PS4 and XB1 in December. No more months of XBX pre-orders in december. I predict many "XBX is doomed" threadsnext month...

Last edited by globalisateur - on 08 December 2017

Around the Network

This npd thread reminds of that time Xbox one beat PS4 in November in first November and people started hyperboling. Quiet funny the seeing the fanbase acting like the opposite from that day.

Crazy numbers for a single month.

Sony should just rename itself to PS4ny.

barneystinson69 said:

I was predicting XBO > PS4 > Switch. My XB1 prediction was only off by 50,000, so not bad. I predicted 1,300,000 for the PS4, so it absolutely beasted (though 1.4M is still a record for the xbox brand, and even better than I expected). Switch disappointed; thought it would do over a million even without deals, but I guess it proves just how important discounting is for America.

The Xbox One S was out of the Amazon Top 100 at 199$ with Battefield 1.

Then it dropped Ten Dollars to 189$ and sold like crazy LOL

Muricans

Seeing these numbers makes me want to buy a new PS4!! Lol.

I have to admit something I never thought I'd have to admit. Quickrick was .... somewhat ... right ....

*barf*

Never expected the Switch to win but wow those numbers for PS4 are amazeballs. Good job Sony. Also Microsoft doing good in their home country as always.

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
Is Switch supply lacking again? I didn't expect a Switch slowdown now, but if Switch's popularity is waning already then 2018 is not looking good. Needless to say, Platinum Games & Sega will face a huge cost of opportunity.

Great for PS4 and amazing rise for X1.

It's more that the heavy boost you see in November is usually attributed to the deals of Black Friday. Without incentives, the holiday purchases are more concentrated on December (which is verifiable, when looking at historical data.)

(Note: I do still expect the PS4 to be above the Switch, for December, but it should be much closer, perhaps 10-20%. I'd guess Switch slightly above Xbox, actually, since Xbox got a November boost from the launch of the X.)

Last edited by palou - on 08 December 2017

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Errorist76 said:
SuperNova said:

So Ps4 won as expected, but I honestly didn't think the Xbox oneX would do this great, despite reports of it's successfull launch. I also thought Switch and Xbox would be much closer in numbers than they (probably) are.

I don't know...assuming those numbers include months of pre-orders I'd even say many people, including MS, expected more. A lot of those X1 numbers are clearly X1S models for 189,-. November was a traditional winning month for MS in the US. To NOT win in X1X launch month surely must pain them, if it appears to be true. 

I'm assuming around 500K are X1X including pre-orders...If that is so I don't think MS are too happy about it, whatever they state officially.

Ps4 at 199$ was a pretty surefire way to bf victory imo. The sales in the US have been much closer than WW, but the xbox was in a decline this year, even in the US. I didn't think Xbox oneX would have much more than 600k launch stock, and I did think Switch would do closer to 1m+ wich apparently didn't happen. I might have overestimated Switch because of it's great performance the previous months and Odyssey as a sales pusher.

Lesson learned, don't underestimate Xbox on it's home turf, don't overestimate a hyped up console without discounts.

ThisGuyFooks said:
barneystinson69 said:

I was predicting XBO > PS4 > Switch. My XB1 prediction was only off by 50,000, so not bad. I predicted 1,300,000 for the PS4, so it absolutely beasted (though 1.4M is still a record for the xbox brand, and even better than I expected). Switch disappointed; thought it would do over a million even without deals, but I guess it proves just how important discounting is for America.

The Xbox One S was out of the Amazon Top 100 at 199$ with Battefield 1.

Then it dropped Ten Dollars to 189$ and sold like crazy LOL

Muricans

Hahaha good one. And true..I noticed that too.

SuperNova said: 
Errorist76 said: 

I don't know...assuming those numbers include months of pre-orders I'd even say many people, including MS, expected more. A lot of those X1 numbers are clearly X1S models for 189,-. November was a traditional winning month for MS in the US. To NOT win in X1X launch month surely must pain them, if it appears to be true. 

I'm assuming around 500K are X1X including pre-orders...If that is so I don't think MS are too happy about it, whatever they state officially.

Ps4 at 199$ was a pretty surefire way to bf victory imo. The sales in the US have been much closer than WW, but the xbox was in a decline this year, even in the US. I didn't think Xbox oneX would have much more than 600k launch stock, and I did think Switch would do closer to 1m+ wich apparently didn't happen. I might have overestimated Switch because of it's great performance the previous months and Odyssey as a sales pusher.

Lesson learned, don't underestimate Xbox on it's home turf, don't overestimate a hyped up console without discounts.

Don't count out the Switch yet...those numbers are apparently incorrect and Switch has sold closer to that 1 mil than announced at first.

palou said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Is Switch supply lacking again? I didn't expect a Switch slowdown now, but if Switch's popularity is waning already then 2018 is not looking good. Needless to say, Platinum Games & Sega will face a huge cost of opportunity.

Great for PS4 and amazing rise for X1.

It's more that the heavy boost you see in November is usually attributed to the deals of Black Friday. Without incentives, the holiday purchases are more concentrated on December (which is verifiable, when looking at historical data.)

Especially for Nintendo, 3DS & Wii U typically saw sales double from Nov to Dec.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Pagan said:

750k? For a new console and with a good stock?

Thats really bad. The switch can sell as much as they want in dec. BF was in November. I am really really dissapointed.

Its not really bad, its not amazing but its far from bad.

First post-launch Nov NPD
DS-369k
PSP-???
360-511k
Wii-981k
PS3-466k
3DS-765k
Vita-215k
Wii U-225k
XBO-1.23m
PS4-831k
NSW-770k

It did better than everyone but Wii, PS4 and XBO.

Thats pretty good. XBO was just a monster

Pocky Lover Boy!