By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sea of Thieves (XBO, Win 10) launches March 20

Good thing is, you can go at it solo, if that's what you want. So much fun to have both options.

Around the Network

There are so many games releasing in March it seems this is a game that will get lost in the mix if you are not just an Xbox owner.

Madword said:
Azzanation said:

Your talking about different things. PS4 will outsell X1 regardless of the game it has bundled for starters. I am referring to the games affecting each other sales not which game moves more hardware because that's a stupid way to look at it. GOW4 will sell millions based off PS4s success while SoTs wont have that advantage. 

Back to my point is these two games are completely different to each other. Gamers who want to play an openworld MMO will choose to buy SoTs, gamers who want a bloody Action adventure will buy GoW4. 

GoW4 will most likely be heavily bundled compared to SoTs and PS4s rapid sales compared to X1s will mean GoW4 will sell more by default. However GoW4 and SoT customers aren't affected because again different games. Apples to Oranges.

You are thinking to narrowly, if you own a PS4 and an Xbox, or perhaps a PS4 and a PC, and both games are coming out and you want both games, you can only get one, then of course there is an impact. You are thinking that one game is only suited to one type of player and only to someone who owns a PS4 console. SOT is aimed at both PC and Xbox and they will want to sell as many as possible, thinking that other big games have no impact on sales of other games is totally the wrong thought.

AAA game that is violent and mythology and a AAA game that is with pirates and MMO based can definitely appeal to the same player.

Let's not forget that the vast majority of gamers only have one machine out of the two. It's a small sliver that owns both. A little fraction. It can't make more than a slight little bit of difference.

Farcry 5 however, will hurt it. 

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Bandorr said:
reviniente said:
Good thing is, you can go at it solo, if that's what you want. So much fun to have both options.

It is an online only, multiplayer only game with no NPCs right?

So what actual options are there for a single person trying to take on ships of 3, 4, and even 5 people?

Well, you can man smaller vessels that are faster, more maneuverable and either carefully plan a strike (for instance, when most of their crew is ashore) or avoid them altogether.

Sea of thieves and State of decay 2 make xbox one lineup great automatically imo.

Around the Network

Is there any hype behind SoT?

I feel that the game will fly under the radar, unless Microsoft spends a great amount of money in ads.

They have been showing the game for years, but i don't think it has "clicked" with the people yet.

If this game wasn't exclusive nobody would be talking about it.

Bandorr said:

It looks fantastic, but still don't actually know the "point" of it.

Do you have skills? Is there equipment? Do you improve your ship?

What does the money actually do? And how is it split up when you are done with the game?

I look at it as a No Mans Sky with a Pirates skin.

ThisGuyFooks said:

Bandorr said:

What does the money actually do? And how is it split up when you are done with the game?

I look at it as a No Mans Sky with a Pirates skin.

Not enough misleading marketing/flat out lies for a NMS comparison to work :)

Rare updated their site last week with tons of info on the game. Reputation, Renown, Trading Companies, etc. Check it out.

Bandorr said:
reviniente said:

It is an online only, multiplayer only game with no NPCs right?

So what actual options are there for a single person trying to take on ships of 3, 4, and even 5 people?

There are NPCs.

For single players they get a smaller and faster ship so they can always get away from the big boys.

Bandorr said:
ThisGuyFooks said:
Is there any hype behind SoT?

I feel that the game will fly under the radar, unless Microsoft spends a great amount of money in ads.

They have been showing the game for years, but i don't think it has "clicked" with the people yet.

If this game wasn't exclusive nobody would be talking about it.

Here's a run down of the progression system.

http://crewofthieves.com/sot/general-sot/trading-companies-progression/

They still haven't showed much for what the money is used for besides customizing your character.