By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sea of Thieves (XBO, Win 10) launches March 20

60$ for a Game like this is to much. I think it flops.

Around the Network

This is coming together quite nicely.

The tribal consumerism is strong in this thread.

Its months away. When its out, then its fair game.

LiquorandGunFun said:

It's a gaming site, where strangely enough we talk about games that are out or coming out. Nothing tribal, just good old fashioned talking and interest in games.

Not sure if you are suggesting we should only talk about games when it comes out?

Ultimately none of us know how well it will do, but if someone wants to say it'll sell 2m copies in a month or someone else says it'll sell 250k, they have a right to that opinion, even if they are wrong, and will ultimately be proven wrong. But its good to get peoples opinions on what they like or don't like, how it'll sell or not sell. Thats the very fabric of a website thats core is about sales and games.

Personally I hope it will do well, I have a friend who works on it. But personally I don't see it doing well. Thats an opinion you may or may not agree with, but nothing wrong with citing opinion, even if its contrary to your opinion. Or an opinion you don't want to hear.

I'm also glad that theres more to it than they have shown, but as others have pointed out, they need to work harder on their marketing and build up the hype, march isn't that far away.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
LiquorandGunFun said:

It's a gaming site, where strangely enough we talk about games that are out or coming out. Nothing tribal, just good old fashioned talking and interest in games.

Not sure if you are suggesting we should only talk about games when it comes out?

Ultimately none of us know how well it will do, but if someone wants to say it'll sell 2m copies in a month or someone else says it'll sell 250k, they have a right to that opinion, even if they are wrong, and will ultimately be proven wrong. But its good to get peoples opinions on what they like or don't like, how it'll sell or not sell. Thats the very fabric of a website thats core is about sales and games.

Personally I hope it will do well, I have a friend who works on it. But personally I don't see it doing well. Thats an opinion you may or may not agree with, but nothing wrong with citing opinion, even if its contrary to your opinion. Or an opinion you don't want to hear.

I'm also glad that theres more to it than they have shown, but as others have pointed out, they need to work harder on their marketing and build up the hype, march isn't that far away.

There is always a slant with MS threads, maybe i see it more than others.

Thanks for the lecture on what a gaming site is, when i thought it was a nintendo or sony site.

Around the Network
LiquorandGunFun said:
Madword said:

There is always a slant with MS threads, maybe i see it more than others.

Thanks for the lecture on what a gaming site is, when i thought it was a nintendo or sony site.

Hey look don't start being a muppet,.. come on now.... you are the one moaning.

Most gaming threads talk about the potential success, content or otherwise of said products. If you don't like that discussion, don't start moaning about it, and then try and make a meal of it when you are put straight. 

It happens with ALL products, seriously PS4 is being beaten by Switch, Switch is being beaten by cheaper products, MS selling poorly.... blah blah, all three products get people for and against. There are many sensible people who (like me) might be more inclined to like a particular product over another but can still use common sense or feelings about how a product will do. Sorry if hearing people not be positive about a product doesn't meet with your expectations or views, but sometimes people can be right even if you don't want them to be.

Last edited by Madword - on 14 December 2017

Bristow9091 said:
I'm actually really hoping they decide to do a Win7/Steam release for this, since I reckon it could become rather big and popular with the help of YouTubers and Twitch streamers, and it's something I wouldn't mind playing with a few mates... problem is I don't have an XBO or Win10, and I don't have the desire to get either of those things for the time being, lol.

I think it could do rather well if they released it on steam, but I suspect their plan is windows 10 store only? Do they have form for releasing major games on steam, I know they have done stuff like Age of Empires HD etc, but have they done others more recently?

Bristow9091 said:
Madword said:

I think it could do rather well if they released it on steam, but I suspect their plan is windows 10 store only? Do they have form for releasing major games on steam, I know they have done stuff like Age of Empires HD etc, but have they done others more recently?

I can't actually answer that since I don't know... but weren't Ori and Quantum Break originally Win10 games, and now they're on Steam, right?

Possibly I don't know enough either - just intrigued to know :) but I guess these are not considered 1st party? 

Bristow9091 said:
I'm actually really hoping they decide to do a Win7/Steam release for this, since I reckon it could become rather big and popular with the help of YouTubers and Twitch streamers, and it's something I wouldn't mind playing with a few mates... problem is I don't have an XBO or Win10, and I don't have the desire to get either of those things for the time being, lol.

What's your beef with Win10?