By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - From Software tease their new game at The Game Awards

Lafiel said:

looks a lot like a trick weapon

"shadows" could also refer to Ninja Blade (afaik it's an MS IP?), or Shadow Tower, but well "shadows die twice" pretty obviously refers to a second installment and Shadow Tower already got one

I give Bloodborne 2 a 95% likelihood based on this

Shadows die twice could definitely be a hint for B2.

That said, I still wouldn’t route out the rumoured Aztek style game based on that snippet...but well, that definitely WAS a tease!

edit_ Didn't realise there were Japanese hints in that trailer, so that Aztek setting is out of the question, I guess. Possibly Tenchu?!

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 08 December 2017

Around the Network

I hope its bloodborne 2, it could be set in a japanese style world as there are people and hints that there is an eastern land

Did this gif get your attention? Good because read below.

If anyone is wondering. They are likely referencing Shadow Tower. A game they developed on PS1. It was the sister series to Kings Feild and the precurser games to the Souls series. So it's either a new Shadow Tower or a new IP. It's Not Bloodborne 2.

Heavenly_King said:
Bloodborne 2 to be revealed at PSX

This.

SegataSanshiro said:

If anyone is wondering. They are likely referencing Shadow Tower. A game they developed on PS1. It was the sister series to Kings Feild and the precurser games to the Souls series. So it's either a new Shadow Tower or a new IP. It's Not Bloodborne 2.

Why would you think it's Shadow Tower though? It could also be King's Field or Tenchu.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Why would you think it's Shadow Tower though? It could also be King's Field or Tenchu.

They don't own Tenchu. Plus that reference at the end relates to Shadow Tower. Tenchu was great before From fucked the series up. I like From esp for Otogi and Frame Gride but they raped Tenchu in the ass. I hope they never touch Tenchu again.

Heavenly_King said:

Yup

Miyazaki was spotted at TGA 

And you don't travel all the way to LA just to see the show. He definitely will present his new game at PSX.

Heavenly_King said:

I don't know. Sony's conference is only a few hours after the Game Awards so that would be pretty soon after that teaser at the Game Awards. But I'd love for this to be Bloodborne 2. I'm not against a new franchise at Fromsoftware but letting go Bloodborne after only 1 game seems a waste of a great franchise.

Shadows Die Twice could refer to Mergo of Bloodborne. Mergo, after all, is similar to Oedon in that he is formless. Like a shadow.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

It sounds like From Software is revisiting Shadow Tower for the third time ...

"Shadows Die Twice" may refer to the fact that there are two entries in the franchise so far ...