By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch owners: where do you stand on Yooka Laylee?

Tagged games:

Which category are you?

I'm buying it 11 21.57%

I was going to buy it, but not now 13 25.49%

I already bought it for PS4/X1/PC 10 19.61%

I was never interested 17 33.33%

Total:51

There isn't really an answer that fits my situation.

I backed the Kickstarter and just received my Switch code.

Thing is, I don't have a Switch yet. So there.

Around the Network

I'm definitely going to end up with it eventually but it's not at the top of my priority list at the moment.

collint0101 said:
I'm definitely going to end up with it eventually but it's not at the top of my priority list at the moment.

This, I still have not beaten Mario or Doom along with many other games. Xenoblade 2 came out and that is eating all my time at the moment so eventually down the line I will give it a shot. From what I hear the game is good but flawed.

Podings said:

There isn't really an answer that fits my situation.

I backed the Kickstarter and just received my Switch code.

Thing is, I don't have a Switch yet. So there.

So.... I heard you want to offload a code for the game yeah? :D by PM is fine with me!!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Would have bought but not at 40

Around the Network

I was initially planning on getting it, but the reviews and general consensus of the game just isn't doing it for me. Will probably get it once it's heavily discounted though just to see for myself. I have a nice backlog of games as it is so I'm not in a rush for a new one.

Given it is, by most accounts, a polished port I think I'd get it should it go on sale at some point.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

I'm flip-flopping on this one. I backed it in the Kickstarter days for a physical Wii U version, got burned, got a refund, Mario Galaxy came out, but now I've been hearing it's a solid port of a decent game... Will probably buy it when it goes on sale.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

NoirSon said:
collint0101 said:

This, I still have not beaten Mario or Doom along with many other games. Xenoblade 2 came out and that is eating all my time at the moment so eventually down the line I will give it a shot. From what I hear the game is good but flawed.

Yeah I'm still not even halfway through Xenoblade 2 yet, and once I'm done with that I still have Mario Odyssey's post-game. Plus I'm also getting back into Breath of the Wild. So it will be a while before I'll need to buy a new game.

I will end up getting this eventually, but not any time soon. I do kinda hope it does okay sales-wise though; I mean the delay was kinda sucky, but at the same time they at least went the extra mile to make it an excellent port.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 20 December 2017

I'm a backer, so I got it free. I probably wouldn't have bought it at that price. I will say, however, I think it's a decent game. Granted, I hear a lot of the camera/control problems from the original release are already fixed, so I may not have liked the vanilla release. I've only gotten through the second world, but I'd say it's worth playing if you're a fan of 3D platformers. Don't play it if you aren't, though.