By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch owners: where do you stand on Yooka Laylee?

Tagged games:

Which category are you?

I'm buying it 11 21.57%

I was going to buy it, but not now 13 25.49%

I already bought it for PS4/X1/PC 10 19.61%

I was never interested 17 33.33%

Total:51

Thinking about it. But only if it gets a physical release in Japan and isn't too expensive.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network

I'll get it if there s a physical version

I was planning on buying it and then the reviews came out. If they fix the camera controls I will buy it.

Buying. Looks an amazing port. They took there time and released and execellent version that compares well to xbox one version. Great job.

May wait for it to go on sale though because have seen it cheap on ps4. Gotta play it on a nintendo console though.

#Skip. Wasn't a fan of the character designs to begin with

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

This should have been a launch or "launch window" title for the Switch. Switch has too many quality titles and plenty more on the way to waste money on this game now. I was originally thinking about picking it up on PS4, but after the mediocre reviews and the shit the developers pulled with JonTron, I decided they would never get any of my money.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

curl-6 said:

Well, after a long wait, it's finally upon us; the Nintendo release of Yooka Laylee.

So what say those of you who have a Switch? Will you buy it? Will you skip it? Did you originally plan on buying it but changed your mind for whatever reason? Did you already buy it on another system?

I'll be honest, I was very much "buy" leading up to its original release, but from what I've seen I suspect the ~80 hours I put into Odyssey will ruin the experience for me by comparison.

I think I might have enjoyed it a lot more before Odyssey, but Odyssey really gave me my 3D platforming fix for the moment. Otherwise, I'd like them to release a physical version of it.

I already finished it on PC, but I’ll buy it on the Switch when the price drops. It’s a good game, but it would benefit from some extra polish. Odyssey is a much better spiritual successor to Banjo Kazooie / Tooie though.

I wait for so long to buy it but the silence from the team regarding updates on the progress really made me lose all hype I initially had. I think they kind of failed the Wii U backers not once, but twice (many adopted the Switch version instead) and they got nothing but silence.

However, at some point I will likely still wanna play it. I dont have time for it at this point though so I'll guess in some time I will give it a try. Will likely bite if there's a physical version down the road or if it gets real cheap on the e-shop.

Skipping for now (too much to play, too little money), but might get a physical version if that appears down the line.