By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Australia legalizes same sex marriage

Pemalite said: 
fory77 said:
homosexuals have a higher average iq
if you're a homosexual, plz maek babys, please

I dunno. Do we have a higher average IQ? I would need to see a paper on that.
And sure. I'll make baby's. *Grabs a turkey baster*

Lawlight said:
fory77 said:
homosexuals have a higher average iq
if you're a homosexual, plz maek babys, please

I’d like numbers on that.

so i did some unscientific research and it turns out this might just be a myth.

however, there is this

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/4427/25fd234123e5f9a419cb2bc9ad1b49a94b4b.pdf

(if you want a tl;dr tell me and i can try to do my best to explain it)

Last edited by fory77 - on 08 December 2017

Around the Network
fory77 said:
Pemalite said: 

I dunno. Do we have a higher average IQ? I would need to see a paper on that.
And sure. I'll make baby's. *Grabs a turkey baster*

Lawlight said:

I’d like numbers on that.

so i did some unscientific research and it turns out this might just be a myth.

however, there is this

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/4427/25fd234123e5f9a419cb2bc9ad1b49a94b4b.pdf

(if you want a tl;dr tell me and i can try to do my best to explain it)

This is an interesting breakdown of it. And also a jab at Kanazawa.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2013/09/30/are_gay_people_smarter_than_straight_people_or_do_they_just_work_harder.html

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

merman said:
Cobretti2 said:

So they get cured of aids between 31 and 49?

Glad he got banned was gonna say the same.

Lol no, that’s just the 2 age disparities that are most infected sadly at the moment. 

That's unfortunate. That means that Aids is sadly on the rise again. Aids was an epidemic in the 90's, and basing that people are most active or multiple partners in their 20-30 age those people would be in their 50's now. So that makes sense that that age group has a lot fo them.

Seeing that under 30's is again the next biggest group, that means it must be coming back.

So what happened in the 2000's that slowed Aids and now it is coming back again. Is the awareness just not there anymore? Are people not as worried about it due to it being essentially curable? Heck I just re dad recently that its no longer a felony to not tell your partner you have Aids in California.

Only now in 2017 they realized they don't have the right to tell people who they can and cannot marry?
Well, better late than never I guess.
Congratulations to the LGBT community. Maybe a glimmer of hope for a certain other minority?

irstupid said:
merman said:

Lol no, that’s just the 2 age disparities that are most infected sadly at the moment. 

That's unfortunate. That means that Aids is sadly on the rise again. Aids was an epidemic in the 90's, and basing that people are most active or multiple partners in their 20-30 age those people would be in their 50's now. So that makes sense that that age group has a lot fo them.

Seeing that under 30's is again the next biggest group, that means it must be coming back.

So what happened in the 2000's that slowed Aids and now it is coming back again. Is the awareness just not there anymore? Are people not as worried about it due to it being essentially curable? Heck I just re dad recently that its no longer a felony to not tell your partner you have Aids in California.

Condoms seem to have fallen out of widespread use as more people go "bareback".

Government could lend a hand here and put Prep on the PBS in Australia.

CrazyGamer2017 said:

Only now in 2017 they realized they don't have the right to tell people who they can and cannot marry?
Well, better late than never I guess.
Congratulations to the LGBT community. Maybe a glimmer of hope for a certain other minority?

What other minority is that?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:

Condoms seem to have fallen out of widespread use as more people go "bareback".

Government could lend a hand here and put Prep on the PBS in Australia.

It frankly baffles how me dumb people can be, having unprotected sex with strangers or outside of a closed relationship. I don't get it, how is it worth risking AIDS or an unwanted pregnancy just for a few minutes of "but it feels better".

Ultimately though, same sex marriage really has nothing to do with AIDS. Even if we overlook the fact that heterosexuals also catch HIV, it's not like gay people have been collectively waiting until they can get married before they start having sex.

cool for the 1% who are affected

I voted no, so I'm made to feel like I have AIDS (it's a joke, nobody actually cares). I respect the decision of the rest of the nation though.

irstupid said:
merman said:

lol i was jsut makign a bad joke.

but now that you have put the effort into typing this out. It does make you wonder what has happened for it to be on the rise again.

Ruler said:

cool for the 1% who are affected

next step full marriage equality. two siblings being able to marry if they so choose.