By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Large region of India proposes deaths for rape of minors - "They do not have the right to live"

StarOcean said:
spurgeonryan said:

It can barely be proven in the US,  let alone other countries. How many times will a guy or female die after the victim claims rape when it was not actually rape?

It is great in theory,  but fucked up in reality. 

I will edit myself. 

Now obviously if there is no doubt that this has happened instead of just an angry student or whatnot then that is different. But how many times is there not?

It's the risk you take when you allow a death penalty. Honestly, the way they should do it is death penalty for those who rape minors in general, regardless of the sex of the child. I'd even go as far as to say possibly just make it the punishment for rape in general

Hmm, we have the same stance on this. I would add that the burden of proof would have to be higher in the states for it.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
StarOcean said:

It's the risk you take when you allow a death penalty. Honestly, the way they should do it is death penalty for those who rape minors in general, regardless of the sex of the child. I'd even go as far as to say possibly just make it the punishment for rape in general

Hmm, we have the same stance on this. I would add that the burden of proof would have to be higher in the states for it.

I agree. With the current system it would definitely not be effective. We'd need absolute proof before dealing the judgement. So yeah, I agree burden of proof would need to be higher

It sounds like a fair law to me. This law will put the fear of God into pedophiles.

monocle_layton said:
Smartie900 said:
Damn. Is rape in India this bad?

It's the fourth most common type of crime in India. A woman is raped every 15 minutes.

...it's pretty bad.

Well.... shit. That is not... good.

SuperNova said:
COKTOE said:

So, ignoring the heinousness of the op, and most of the content of your own post, with it's interesting take on how you dealt with your time in India.....You're a g-g-g-giiirrrlll? You're profile suggests otherwise, so I'm finding this an irresistible question.

Yeah, I'm one of the fabled six VG Chartz girls XD

I can't really remember how I ended up being male on my profile. I think when you create an account it defaults to male, or maybe I just missclicked, or something, but I was sort of hurrying through the creation because I wanted to post something. I noticed quite a bit later and I never bothered to find out if you can change it. :P

Although to be fair I've met a guy that was sexually harrassed in india too, it's just a much more commom problem for girls.

You can change it, but the question is, do you want to change it? Unfortunately some people will begin to think of you differently just because they found out that you're female.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
SuperNova said:

I can't really remember how I ended up being male on my profile. I think when you create an account it defaults to male, or maybe I just missclicked, or something, but I was sort of hurrying through the creation because I wanted to post something. I noticed quite a bit later and I never bothered to find out if you can change it. :P

Although to be fair I've met a guy that was sexually harrassed in india too, it's just a much more commom problem for girls.

You can change it, but the question is, do you want to change it? Unfortunately some people will begin to think of you differently just because they found out that you're female.

Thinking of her differently from a guy is normal and acceptable. Everyone is biologically wired to think of the opposite sex differently than their own. If guys start to fuck with her, that's a different story. 

Aeolus451 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Thinking of her differently from a guy is normal and acceptable. Everyone is biologically wired to think of the opposite sex differently than their own. If guys start to fuck with her, that's a different story. 

But if people have been able to react with her just fine up to now, I don't see why they should all of sudden change the way they deal with her.

VGPolyglot said:
Aeolus451 said:

But if people have been able to react with her just fine up to now, I don't see why they should all of sudden change the way they deal with her.

I just explained the why. People interact differently towards others bases on knowing anything about their identity or personality or opinions. If everyone in this forum met in person and spoke to each other in some kind of meet up, everyone would treat everyone differently. Some people would relate with each other more, others would find more differences and grow apart, others might find each other attractive. If I had a female avatar and my profile listed me as female and over time people found out I was a guy. Yeah, they would treat me differently. None of that is a bad thing. It's normal.

COKTOE said:
SuperNova said:

Well, since I don't think we've ever crossed paths, ello' there. I checked the settings quickly before I left and couldn't see a way to change it. Looks like you're stuck with the male label for now.

I've seen you around, but I don't think we've ever really talked to each other before, so yeah, hi! :)

About the profile, I really don't mind it either way.

VGPolyglot said:
Aeolus451 said:

That's sort of what I'm thinking myself. While I get that more info about a person, will make you react diffrently to them, my gender isn't really that important imo. It probably informs some of my views on certain topics, but I wouldn't like to be reduced to the 'female perspective', when I have a designers perspective, a european perpective, a 90's kids perspective, a human perspective etc.

I certainly hope people won't react negatively to me from now on, though.

I guess being male on my profile has probably allowed me to fly under the radar in some topics and with some users, others probably also said things to me that they wouldn't have felt comfortable saying, if they had known I was a girl. I never thought that hard about it, but it's an interesting perspective for sure.

I don't know if it's disingenuous to let people think I'm male. I've never really tried to hide that I'm a girl (this isn't even really the first time I've directly said so), you can find my Switch and WiiU accounts on here, wich both have a female Mii avatar and I posted my istagram wich has some selfportraits on it, so if you've interacted with me before you'd have known, but I also haven't bothered to correct everyone who calls me male (probably based on the profile info) cause....that's not what most threads are about. In fact I feel kind of bad for derailing monocle_laytons thread like this, especially with the serious topic.