By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Switch is a monster at my Best Buy , always selling out

Yeah, Switch will definatly have great holiaday season.

On questions why Switch is selling so good, same reasons from launch, great concept, great and strong games and good marketing and branding.

Around the Network

Nintendo Switch are very different compared to Xbox/PS4. They have their own unique game like Super Smash Bros. series, Zelda, Pokemon, Donkey Kong series. Also their gaming experience are so much different. They are not into quality(graphic) but gaming experience that make player interact with each others.

They do not need to discount and everyone are crazy to buy their product.

I bought a Switch on release and love it, so far I have played...

BotW
Splatoon 2
Mario Kart
Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade 2

I don't use it as a Handheld much, just a normal console.

I bought it because basically, its Nintendo. No, not cause im a fanboi... with Nintendo you get a unique experience you wont get on another console. If you want to play a quality Mario or Zelda game, which are very rarely anything but classics, you need a Nintendo system. I did buy a WiiU, but hated that system as I hated that controller and found it nothing more than a cumbersome distraction from the game I was playing. I play my Switch with a Pro controller which is just a normal controller. The ability to be able to pick up the console and take it with you to carry on playing if you want to is just a unique added bonus for me.

I love my Switch and my only big gripe is the lack of inbuilt capacity. But I will always consider buying a Nintendo console so I can play those Zelda and Mario games, so long as they don't force me to use a stupid noveltly controller which only takes away from the experience, and the Switch isn't hampered by that.

Anyway, thumbs up Nintendo, hope the Switch goes on to be a big success!

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

Veryy happy, switch is a awesome console with a absolutely record breaking amazing. First year line.up.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

The marketing has been absolutely great so far, it has two of the best games of all time, and it's a handheld that plays HD games.

It will beat the Wii U in only one year time.

Around the Network

- Great marketing
- Great line up
- Great exposure/hype
- Great concept

26fm65 said:
Nintendo Switch are very different compared to Xbox/PS4. They have their own unique game like Super Smash Bros. series, Zelda, Pokemon, Donkey Kong series. Also their gaming experience are so much different. They are not into quality(graphic) but gaming experience that make player interact with each others.

They do not need to discount and everyone are crazy to buy their product.

I thought the Switch didn’t have voice chat. Does it have a system-wide party system?

Ljink96 said:

It's always out on Amazon US as well. (despite it being sold out, it's still in the top 5... just wow.)

https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=sv_vg_12

I think it's selling because of the premise of the device, 2 of the greatest games ever crafted by man released in the same year, it's relatively cheap (except. when compared to the 199 PS4) and it was just marketed really well. Whoever Nintendo hired for Wii U marketing must have been fired because the marketing Switch is getting is amazing. I actually see commercials for it on normal TV stations. I gave Nintendo shit with the Wii U, but they really have turned themselves around with Switch.

It still baffles me that it's selling the way it is without discounts or pack ins. That means that profit is going right back in their pockets. Good time to be them I guess.

It's actually pretty crazy that it doesn't even have pack-ins in most regions. Japan (and russia) got a bit more love with the Splatoon and Mario Odyssey Bundles, allthough those weren't cheaper than buying game+seperately either.

Jranation said:
That is great to hear. Nintendo just did almost everything right.
- A unified platform which means more games and better support.
- Great Marketing
- Great Games

What did they do wrong in your opinion?

I've had a PS4 since shortly after launch, barely played it. Most fun I had was with wolf among us and darksiders two. I hadn't played anything in over a year and was basically done with gaming. Then I got the switch and I'm back to 50+ hours a week on zelda, Mario, and xenoblade. Not sure if that's a good thing really, but needless to say the switch is an incredible machine.

The reason?
I am 33 have a son, a wife, a 13 hours job, i have things to do at home, am going shopping etc. Tell me. When do i have the time to turn on my PS/PC? The moment i think about the time i would need until i am in the steam login window, i give up. It is just too long. I am so busy that i Simply cant. Snake phantom pain is still on his first missions. I want to play it heavily but i dont have time. Now i have the switch. I am in the sleeping room in my bed just pushing 1 button and am in back in the game in 3 secons while beeing in my bed and next to my son and wife. If you dont have any time you really dont care about graphics, you just want to play. And the switch is giving me low lvl pc settings quality games but I CAN PLAY. My PC has 4k 30fps but I CANT PLAY. And my ps4 is the same. Dustmachine.