By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Switch is a monster at my Best Buy , always selling out

DonFerrari said:
Pagan said:

The reason?
I am 33 have a son, a wife, a 13 hours job, i have things to do at home, am going shopping etc. Tell me. When do i have the time to turn on my PS/PC? The moment i think about the time i would need until i am in the steam login window, i give up. It is just too long. I am so busy that i Simply cant. Snake phantom pain is still on his first missions. I want to play it heavily but i dont have time. Now i have the switch. I am in the sleeping room in my bed just pushing 1 button and am in back in the game in 3 secons while beeing in my bed and next to my son and wife. If you dont have any time you really dont care about graphics, you just want to play. And the switch is giving me low lvl pc settings quality games but I CAN PLAY. My PC has 4k 30fps but I CANT PLAY. And my ps4 is the same. Dustmachine.

And how much more time take you to click home on PS4 and it to already be on the game you were playing before? Or use PSVita to stream the game for you?

I tried the Vita option for both PS4 streaming and PSNow streaming (when it was available on Vita) and the latency was somewhat high and the lack of certain buttons did not make it a very compelling experience. My next attempt was with a smartphone, Dualschock 4 controller, and the PS4; the latency here was much lower but it was only really practical (I tried exposing the PS4 through my router so that I could connect to it from data or while using an external Wi-Fi and the latency was so high that it was unplayable) when at home and it still felt more awkward than using the Switch.

With the Switch I can just play it anywhere without having to connect to a network and worry about latency, etc. It is just a much better solution both at home and especially on-the go.

Around the Network

I cannot state how happy I am with my Switch.  It's exclusives are on par with Sony, yet the core titles are even better.  Nothing will touch BOTW or Odyssey, and IMO Xenoblade 2 is the best RPG in a very long time.  

Add core titles Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8, Mario+Rabbids, Arms, and all the indie support and this thing is really bringing the heat.  Capcom is jumping into the fray as well.  the future is bright.

Hopefully Nintendo has bullets left in the chamber for 2018.

zorg1000 said:
DonFerrari said:

And how much more time take you to click home on PS4 and it to already be on the game you were playing before? Or use PSVita to stream the game for you?

How do you know he has a Vita or a stable internet connection when hes not at home?

He is talking about playing in his bad, how is his internet relevant in this case? And I gave as first option just clicking the home button on the PS4 controller and it will turn on very fast already in the game.

nemo37 said:
DonFerrari said:

I tried the Vita option for both PS4 streaming and PSNow streaming (when it was available on Vita) and the latency was somewhat high and the lack of certain buttons did not make it a very compelling experience. My next attempt was with a smartphone, Dualschock 4 controller, and the PS4; the latency here was much lower but it was only really practical (I tried exposing the PS4 through my router so that I could connect to it from data or while using an external Wi-Fi and the latency was so high that it was unplayable) when at home and it still felt more awkward than using the Switch.

With the Switch I can just play it anywhere without having to connect to a network and worry about latency, etc. It is just a much better solution both at home and especially on-the go.

I was able to play some games (I used the simpler ones) in the Vita both in house and outside (on the outside I fully agree it wasn't a good experience, but Brazil internet isn't really good... from what we know in Japan it the system works well for this).

For portability yes Vita is better at playing Vita games than PS4 games, that is know. And Switch offer a better experience for consoles being portable (expected when it had more technology evolution to use).

But the point he was making is playing in his bed not everywhere.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
zorg1000 said:

How do you know he has a Vita or a stable internet connection when hes not at home?

He is talking about playing in his bad, how is his internet relevant in this case? And I gave as first option just clicking the home button on the PS4 controller and it will turn on very fast already in the game.

nemo37 said:

I was able to play some games (I used the simpler ones) in the Vita both in house and outside (on the outside I fully agree it wasn't a good experience, but Brazil internet isn't really good... from what we know in Japan it the system works well for this).

For portability yes Vita is better at playing Vita games than PS4 games, that is know. And Switch offer a better experience for consoles being portable (expected when it had more technology evolution to use).

In a bed setting it works fine. I actually use the smartphone + DS4 setup for my PS4 (which is not even connected to TV just to the PSVR headset) most of the time and it works fairly well (I have it so that the controller connects directly to the PS4 as opposed to go through the smartphone and then the PS4; I found that makes things far more responsive), so far I have used it to play Horizon Zero Dawn and Ratchet and Clank and it works well. From a setup point, though I will still say the Switch is a bit more convenient (I also don't have to worry about family members slowing down the local network by downloading stuff; although this can be avoided if Sony lets smartphones connect directly to the PS4 in the same manner as the Vita as opposed to going through a router).

DonFerrari said:
zorg1000 said:

Im fairly certain hes talking about the hybrid aspect of being able to seamlessly switch between portable and console modes and being able to play anywhere.

He cant make progress on his PS4 games because he doesnt have time to sit down and play for an hour straight every day but he can make progress in Switch games much more easily due to playing a few minutes here and a few minutes there throughout the day.

At least thats how i understood his post.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Nintendo learned lessons and has delivered a great system. I am really impressed how they have kept steady releases with no delays. Mario or Xenoblade felt like they could slip to 2018 and yet Nintendo pulled it off. Be curious what next year holds as they've set a high bar.

Nymeria said:
Nintendo learned lessons and has delivered a great system. I am really impressed how they have kept steady releases with no delays. Mario or Xenoblade felt like they could slip to 2018 and yet Nintendo pulled it off. Be curious what next year holds as they've set a high bar.

I know some people are worried about next year since they haven't really shown much yet but I'm pretty confident it will be another stellar year simply because they didn't delay anything, which is something they are known for doing to try spacing out the lineup.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

nemo37 said:
DonFerrari said:

In a bed setting it works fine. I actually use the smartphone + DS4 setup for my PS4 (which is not even connected to TV just to the PSVR headset) most of the time and it works fairly well (I have it so that the controller connects directly to the PS4 as opposed to go through the smartphone and then the PS4; I found that makes things far more responsive), so far I have used it to play Horizon Zero Dawn and Ratchet and Clank and it works well. From a setup point, though I will still say the Switch is a bit more convenient (I also don't have to worry about family members slowing down the local network by downloading stuff; although this can be avoided if Sony lets smartphones connect directly to the PS4 in the same manner as the Vita as opposed to going through a router).

Glad to see you found a set up that worked for you... I end up not playing when I can't use the TV even having PSVita. Been several months since I last used it. I really like the big screen.

zorg1000 said:
DonFerrari said:

Im fairly certain hes talking about the hybrid aspect of being able to seamlessly switch between portable and console modes and being able to play anywhere.

He cant make progress on his PS4 games because he doesnt have time to sit down and play for an hour straight every day but he can make progress in Switch games much more easily due to playing a few minutes here and a few minutes there throughout the day.

Unless you are a mind reader, then we shall go by what he have written. And that is that he only plays at bed before sleeping, not that he started playing in the couch on the main room and kept playing while going to bed.

He could play the same few minutes in bed with X1 and PS4 just as fast.

Perhaps you understood his point your way, even with him not saying anything about this, so you can give more props to Switch?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
nemo37 said:

Glad to see you found a set up that worked for you... I end up not playing when I can't use the TV even having PSVita. Been several months since I last used it. I really like the big screen.

zorg1000 said:

Unless you are a mind reader, then we shall go by what he have written. And that is that he only plays at bed before sleeping, not that he started playing in the couch on the main room and kept playing while going to bed.

He could play the same few minutes in bed with X1 and PS4 just as fast.

Perhaps you understood his point your way, even with him not saying anything about this, so you can give more props to Switch?

I assumed he was giving an example, not that he exclusively plays in bed.

Plus lets put 2 and 2 together.

Best first year lineup of any console in videogame history, bar maybe the Dreamcast.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~