By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can't get used to 30 fps on current-gen graphics

Well, I'm a person that plays fighting games. 60 FPS locked is a requirement, because it's built into the game mechanics. However, I don't think the 30 fps bothers me. If I really need a higher frame rate, I play the game on PC.

As far as exclusives go, the framerate is usually sacrificed for better graphical details. The only time I ever get annoyed by frame rates is when games are lagging on PC, not console. I have a GTX 1080 Ti FTW3, there is no excuse for any game to go below 60fps.

With graphics and features being added to games, 30 fps is here to stay on consoles. It's up to the developer to decided how to use the consoles power. This isn't like the 90s where most games were 60fps, apart from a few games that tried to push above and beyond.

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
Insidb said:

You try to ruin my hopes and dreams and then contradict yourself!?

Not today, future monster! No pessimism from you!

You can keep your thoughts in your pocket!

LOL ?!

The thing is third person games, which mostly are totally fine with 30 FPS, are less likely to get VR versions. I’m not pessimistic, just realistic from experience.

But it’s no problem. Just stick to VR from now on.

Fine, DAD!

the more I play infamous and think about other titles, the more I think it's not the 30 fps that bothers me. I remember world of warcraft raids with 15 fps which were fine to me. or evil within 2 where I needed to turn of film grain, motion blur because I was getting a headache. in quantum break I needed to turn off many options because it was extremly blurry. in infamous in the basement of this angel / demon guy, I think the game ran there for far more fps and it still felt wrong!

Insidb said:
I feel like we're just a generation off from 60fps as a standard.

Most console games, mainly single player will always prioritize graphics and resolution over frame rates. it will never change.

Birimbau said:
Insidb said:

Most console games, mainly single player will always prioritize graphics and resolution over frame rates. it will never change.

Be careful..he's gonna call you mom. Better take it back. ;)

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 04 December 2017

Around the Network
Birimbau said:
Insidb said:

You're ruining my liiiiiiiiiiiife!

Insidb said:
Birimbau said:

There's a solution though....It starts with P and ends with C ;D

Errorist76 said:
Insidb said:

There's a solution though....It starts with P and ends with C ;D

Nyet!