By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I've gotten my very first ever nintendo console, now please help!

Which should I get?

Pokken DX 4 4.35%

BotW 75 81.52%

X-2 13 14.13%

Total:92

I think the others made some good suggestions. Congrats on getting a new Switch.

Around the Network

Zelda

I know everyone else said it already... but it's important.

PS

I'd get Splatoon 2 and Mariokart as well...

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

splatoon honestly looks like a kids game. not interested. I've picked up zelda, and im not getting multiplats on the switch. if i don't get blazlue on pc, i will get it on ps4.

cant wait for my accessories to come in the mail.

a few of the games i would like dont seem to have mode the transition from wii u yet.

Burning Typhoon said:
splatoon honestly looks like a kids game. not interested.

Don't worry, the moment you'll become an adult you'll learn to appreciate what lies deep within and don't judge something solely on appearance.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Burning Typhoon said:
Welp... I've not needed to buy accessories for a game console in a while. And, the switch needs so many. About 5 years into my PS3's life span, I just got a rear fan just to make SURE it wasn't having heating issues.

Then, I also bought a screen protector for my vita, which has also done the job.

However, for the switch, I just bought grips, one for two players, and one that incorporates both joycons, since the included one isn't all that great, a dock sock, for added protection, and a screen protector. Glad to have gotten the console at such a massive discount, because I'm still having to buy other things.

No way it's going back now.

If you're interested in a pro controller down the line I'd recommend going with the Xenoblade 2 one. It seems to be the best version of an already great controller and has an improved d-pad.

Burning Typhoon said:
splatoon honestly looks like a kids game. not interested. I've picked up zelda, and im not getting multiplats on the switch. if i don't get blazlue on pc, i will get it on ps4.

cant wait for my accessories to come in the mail.

a few of the games i would like dont seem to have mode the transition from wii u yet.

All Nintendo games look like kids games. You're not going to find grimdark brown games among Nintys first party. However that does not neccessarily mean that they are easy or simplistic and wont challenge you. If you like fun, like at all, give Splatoon 2 a try. It is pure addictive fun.

Other than that, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is sure to keep you busy for a long time.

Last edited by SuperNova - on 04 December 2017

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
justiceiro said:

Try something new... a mario game?

You'd be surprised at the number of people that wrote Mario off as for kids back in the early 2000's. 

That indeed is true

Anyways easily BoTW you should definitely get. I would recommend giving Mario a shot for sure as well if you have a Switch. It's half the reason to get one imo

What sort of games you like? RPG? Action? First Person Shooters?.....

As you never had a Nintendo console before..... you may be surprised of how much variety you may find with the Switch. Breath of The Wild, as some people already said here, is a must-own. Simply brilliant.

I´d recommend you to get Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Splatoon, if you´re really into online gaming. Super fun games. You mentioned Pokken... but I do think you should try the demo first. I personally had lots of fun with the original Pokken on WiiU and I believe the Switch version is even better with more modes and characters, but I haven´t played it yet and I do think that it´s a different kind of fighting game that some people many not appreciate.

Other good picks: Fire Emblem Warriors, Snipperclips, Fast RMX, Lego City Undercover, Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Peh said:
Burning Typhoon said:
splatoon honestly looks like a kids game. not interested.

Don't worry, the moment you'll become an adult you'll learn to appreciate what lies deep within and don't judge something solely on appearance.

........... Touche...  How much is it?....

Burning Typhoon said:
Peh said:

........... Touche...  How much is it?....

I see it at 50,99€ on Amazon germany. Don't know what the price on the eshop is. I bought it digitally.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3