By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Weekly, 21st October 2017, Software and Hardware

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/products/

Around the Network
PEEPer0nni said:

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/products/

there are no GT SPORT sales in the web site :S

loy310 said: 

NS overtracked. Only 1 game in the top 20 but it’s hardware leads for the week????

Switch have many games, you Know.

also, we haver The digital factor. Also, Mario on next week.

just for fun, older games improved, like Fate/extella and Disgaea for example.

PEEPer0nni said:

I'm playing GTSport right now and it's a massive orgy of Germans, Italians and Brits with some Swiss thrown in there. People shouldn't judge racing games success based on America because yours car culture if different than ours. We like serious racing meanwhile NA is known for things like Nascar and Monster Trucks.

Not at all. GT was very popular in NA too. It's just that racing games as a whole fell off in sales, including forza, need for speed, and gran turismo.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

axumblade said:
I think most people view Gran Turismo Sport as a spinoff instead of a title in the franchise. I'm sure when Gran Turismo 7 releases, it'll enjoy a nice debut.
South Park is down a little from A Stick of Truth (which isn't a surprise but I think Fractured But Whole has a good chance of hitting 1 million on both the PS4 and XB1 since A Stick of Truth launched late in the last gen).
Destiny 2 (PS4) is going to top 1 million in the U.S. next week.
Also, Fire Emblem Warriors on NS got over 3 times the sales of the 3DS version.

I expect when we get data for Black Friday that Destiny 2 and South Park will both have good boosts. Same goes for Gran Turismo Sport (since it was bundled with the PSVR).

Next week, Mario week! :)

You may have a point about people thinking GT Sport being a spin-off. For example I thought GT Sport was similar to GT Prologue because it wasn’t numbered. Not really into GT anymore so don’t really know much about it. It will probably still do very well in Europe though.

Around the Network

Ps4 software over 1m. Nobody else is close. Is ps4 cannibalizing their sales?

curl-6 said:

Switch hardware ahead of PS4 even on Gran Turismo week? Didn't expect that.

Europe is where GT does it's thing.

American's with PS4's will buy GT but buy a PS4 for GT? Unlikely. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

For God’s sake, don’t start.