By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. December bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

CGI-Quality said:
X1Gates said:
Lets refocus people, this is a amazon thread and not a drinking thread. Don't want to go through pages off topic nonsense. Thanks in advance.

I have to agree. 

You really fell for that silly virtue signalling nonsense? Come on now. We were having 'fun' for a change instead of the stupidity of earlier posts. We've always done that. It's what kept the Amazon threads friendly for ALL visitors. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

If being drunk is your definition of "having fun for a change" then ...

YEEEAAH !!

I wasn't really that drunk, silly. I was just playing with those that called me out last time and pulled me up for a typo. Good lord, the Amazon thread needs an injection of fun, not the personal attacks I've been seeing in here of late. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Mar1217 said:

Well, you can't put that fault on the NPD thread :P

Anyway, glad it got back to normal here ! Can't say the same with the other one though xD

'Back to normal' would be lovely but I doubt it will be a short battle to accomplish that. :)

People just need to relax a little and stop interpreting comments as if we're in a Youtube chat. The Amazon thread has always got heated from time to time but by and large it's returned to normal quickly. The one user I've always admired on this site, and ironically the youngest, is Jason. Even though 'his' console of choice was getting beaten easily at the time, he never ever resorted to personal attacks and just accepted the situation with good grace. The Switch is performing incredibly well at the moment but there's a difference between 'gentle banter' (digs amongst friends) and out and out console warfare, something I find fascinating but distasteful. The frustration for me is that the banter I enjoy and the out and out console fighting get conflated. At the end of the day we're all gamers, a cliqued thing to say, I agree, but that's the reality. If we all met at a bar and started chatting, we'd all probably just get along. 

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Mar1217 said:

Well, you can't put that fault on the NPD thread :P

Anyway, glad it got back to normal here ! Can't say the same with the other one though xD

'Back to normal' would be lovely but I doubt it will be a short battle to accomplish that. :)

People just need to relax a little and stop interpreting comments as if we're in a Youtube chat. The Amazon thread has always got heated from time to time but by and large it's returned to normal quickly. The one user I've always admired on this site, and ironically the youngest, is Jason. Even though 'his' console of choice was getting beaten easily at the time, he never ever resorted to personal attacks and just accepted the situation with good grace. The Switch is performing incredibly well at the moment but there's a difference between 'gentle banter' (digs amongst friends) and out and out console warfare, something I find fascinating but distasteful. The frustration for me is that the banter I enjoy and the out and out console fighting get conflated. At the end of the day we're all gamers, a cliqued thing to say, I agree, but that's the reality. If we all met at a bar and started chatting, we'd all probably just get along. 

Like i previously said, Jason has always been here supporting the thread, whether the Xbox One is doing well or not. He has been a consistent supporter.

Then you have users that pop out when things are going their way. These are the "new guys" that are disrupting the harmony of the thread.

Not all of them, but the majority.

Kudos to Jason. He is a great charter.

7 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#04 NS Neon (up 3)
#06 NS Grey (down 2)
#22 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 1)
#29 SNES Classic (same)
#34 PS4 Star Wars (up 2)
#37 XB1X (up 6)
#38 N2DSXL T+B (down 3)
#68 XB1 Forza (up 5)
#85 XB1 (down 2)
#100 PS4 Pro (down 7)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
#12 XB1 PUBG (down 1)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 2 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5

Around the Network

CGI you've killed this thread. The only thing that kept this it alive was talking about GribbleGrunger's alcohol problems.

All this will do is make GribbleGrunger drink more. I hope you're happy about what you've just done.

A (nerdy) part of me really wants to run some ordinal statistical analysis between NPD and Amazon US data (and maybe even Amazon UK and the weekly GFK chart; and Amazon JP and Japan's Media Create data) to see how predictive Amazon is.

The Xbox One X is certainly doing better than I anticipated.

Now if only Xenoblade would keep climbing up the charts.

nemo37 said:
A (nerdy) part of me really wants to run some ordinal statistical analysis between NPD and Amazon US data (and maybe even Amazon UK and the weekly GFK chart; and Amazon JP and Japan's Media Create data) to see how predictive Amazon is.

That would be interesting!

If you have the time, I hope you decide to do it

nemo37 said:

Let nerdy part take over you and do it! That’d be awesome to see