By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. December bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

So to sum up, according to amazon monthly chart, the X managed to outsell the pro despite the discount, happy new year

Around the Network
FaultedPlanet said:
So to sum up, according to amazon monthly chart, the X managed to outsell the pro despite the discount, happy new year

Nice! Glad to see the X performing well 

PortisheadBiscuit said:
FaultedPlanet said:

It's crazy that some people see this as a success when it sits at 73rd in the yearly but saw the Pro  as a a failure when it reached 46th in it launch year. And Sony were still pushing the standard PS4 a lot more over the Pro at the time.

Anyway this is a decent launch for the X in the US (probably abysmal outside the US). Let's hope that January, and the rest of the year, is kind to it. I personally see all Xbox sales dropping off a cliff. 

SWORDF1SH said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

It's crazy that some people see this as a success when it sits at 73rd in the yearly but saw the Pro  as a a failure when it reached 46th in it launch year. And Sony were still pushing the standard PS4 a lot more over the Pro at the time.

Anyway this is a decent launch for the X in the US (probably abysmal outside the US). Let's hope that January, and the rest of the year, is kind to it. I personally see all Xbox sales dropping off a cliff. 

Who cares about Amazon US when npd told us that the X was higher launch aligned ? It's crazy to see that some arbitrary number matters to  people  more than actual sales figures. Amazon is all fine and good... Until we get actual numbers.

ironmanDX said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Who cares about Amazon US when npd told us that the X was higher launch aligned ? It's crazy to see that some arbitrary number matters to  people  more than actual sales figures. Amazon is all fine and good... Until we get actual numbers.

So what are you trying to say? Pro did fail or are you trying to say what I said and that both had good launches? 

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Woof! Yeah, it's not looking good. I see Xbox ones being $199 for the foreseeable future for a reason. The fact that a $200 Xbox can't even hit the top 20 is a bad sign of things to come.

SWORDF1SH said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

So you're comparing the yearly sales ? friendly reminder that the X was in the market for about 2 months, the pro has been there for the whole year

Furthermore, 73rd is project scorpio you need to add the standard sales too.

Last edited by FaultedPlanet - on 01 January 2018

Happy new year everyone!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

FaultedPlanet said:
SWORDF1SH said:

So you're comparing the yearly sales ? friendly reminder that the X was in the market for about 2 months, the pro has been there for the whole year

Furthermore, 73rd is project scorpio you need to add the standard sales too.

No I'm comparing Pro's launch year position with X's launch year position.

What I said wasn't even an attack at X's sales so I'm not sure what your point is. I even said at the start of the second paragraph the X had a decent launch. What you're saying just back up what I said. 

Shadow1980 said:
Here's final update to the rankings for December and 2017 as a whole (five days since last update):

First the monthly rankings:

Nintendo Switch (grey): #6 (—)
Nintendo Switch (neon): #10 (↓1)
PS4 Slim Battlefront II bundle: #14 (↓1)
PS4 Slim 1TB standalone: #28 (↑2)
XBO S Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels bundle: #31 (↑2)
Xbox One X: #36 (↓2)
New 2DS XL (black & turquoise): #46 (↓7)
PS4 Pro: #53 (↑3)

The SNES Classic Edition was previously ranked #22, but has disappeared from the rankings. It appears to have been moved to the Computer Software section on Amazon for some weird reason. Oh, and Mario Kart Wii finished at #81 for the month.

And now the yearly rankings:

Nintendo Switch (grey): #8 (—)
Nintendo Switch (neon): #14 (—)
PS4 Slim Uncharted 4 bundle: #22 (↓1)
PS4 Slim 1TB standalone: #37 (↑3)
XBO S 500GB standalone: #48 (↑1)
PS4 Pro: #64 (—)
Xbox One X (Scorpio Edition): #73 (↓1)
PS4 Slim Battlefront II bundle: #82 (↑1)
Xbox One X: #83 (↑1)

The SNES Classic Edition was ranked #36 in the yearlies at last update.

I'll have the January thread up shortly.

Most impressive video game legs with gtav imo. Gtav sells with new ps4/x1 owners but wii has been dead for years now lol