By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade 2 thoughts (no spoilers)

curl-6 said:

Okay, can anyone confirm that taking away the party members chip/cores/etc carries through to when you fight them, or are they at a fixed state?

Can't be sure but I think they keep the equipment they are given.  Can't hurt to take it away, it won't cause any issues.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Okay, can anyone confirm that taking away the party members chip/cores/etc carries through to when you fight them, or are they at a fixed state?

You can unequip the chips before but it's not needed. Give rocco some good chips and you will wipe the floor with them esp heal as you attack chip. My first few attempts were bad but once I figured it out,honestly it became a cakewalk.

Okay, after I finally beat Morag, Zeke and Tora were a complete pushover.

I'm so sorry guys, I know my repeated rages are kinda pathetic, it's just I want so badly to love this game, and it does so much right, but there are times when it frustrates me out of my mind. Now that I'm so close, I just want to end the game on a positive note.

Last edited by Super_Boom - on 24 January 2018

curl-6 said:

Okay, after I finally beat Morag, Zeke and Tora were a complete pushover.

I'm so sorry guys, I know my repeated rages are kinda pathetic, it's just I want so badly to love this game, and it does so much right, but there are times when it frustrates me out of my mind. Now that I'm so close, I just want to end the game on a positive note.

Good news is no more tricky stuff ahead :P.  Just, my advice, look to end the final boss before he hits 1/3 health.

The game is, like X, designed to cater to a certain play style I feel.  Or rather approach.  It rewards heavily those who invest themselves heavily in the layered systems.  I mean, keep in mind the mightiest Super Boss is more than 30 levels higher than the level cap.  So the game's battle system is less and less about levels and more and more about blade affinities, aux cores, tactics, etc.  So if you put in the time to get really good at it, you can crush enemies many levels higher than you.  Buuuuut that means not approaching it that way gives you a less than optimum experience.  So even though it is open world esque, 2 (like X) really isn't designed for the "play it your way" mindset, though you can certainly beat them that way.  

I think one thing you have to leave at the door is the assumption that levels are king in the battle system.  I think it's an automatic assumption when looking at this kind of system.  And it will cause frustration if that's your expectation.  Late advice I know :P.

Neodegenerate said: 

- Is chapter 10 only cut scenes with boss fights or is there a bit of exploration as well ?

Its basically just cut scenes and a boss fight.

- What is the best way to farm Rare/Legendary Cristals ?

If you can do it, go fight Reeking Douglas in Gormott.  He is level 104 and can drop a rare and a legendary each time you do the driver combo (Break > Topple > Launch > Smash).  Make sure you seal him with a dark orb to prevent his summoning friends as your first act and you should be fine.

- Is there a way to farm the item to change a blade's driver ?

Not that I am aware of.

- Is there something worse in this world than Ursula's side quest (I think I am almost there...) ?

No.

bigjon said:

just finish the story, it sends you back to a specific point (game prompts you at this point) but it unlocks a bunch of new side quest and stuff. 

There are some super bosses to take on post game, and grinding affinity charts can be fun too.

Thank you guys ! I guess it is time to see the credits...

I was running out of stuff to do anyway... I am glad finishing the game leads to some unlocks. 

ps : Ursula's quest is ridiculous, she is the second Rare blade I got, I am 110h in, doing her merc missions all the time, and I am still not done... I feel sorry for those pulling her in post game...

Around the Network
Symbios63 said:
Neodegenerate said: 

- Is chapter 10 only cut scenes with boss fights or is there a bit of exploration as well ?

Its basically just cut scenes and a boss fight.

- What is the best way to farm Rare/Legendary Cristals ?

If you can do it, go fight Reeking Douglas in Gormott.  He is level 104 and can drop a rare and a legendary each time you do the driver combo (Break > Topple > Launch > Smash).  Make sure you seal him with a dark orb to prevent his summoning friends as your first act and you should be fine.

- Is there a way to farm the item to change a blade's driver ?

Not that I am aware of.

- Is there something worse in this world than Ursula's side quest (I think I am almost there...) ?

No.

bigjon said:

just finish the story, it sends you back to a specific point (game prompts you at this point) but it unlocks a bunch of new side quest and stuff. 

There are some super bosses to take on post game, and grinding affinity charts can be fun too.

Thank you guys ! I guess it is time to see the credits...

I was running out of stuff to do anyway... I am glad finishing the game leads to some unlocks. 

ps : Ursula's quest is ridiculous, she is the second Rare blade I got, I am 110h in, doing her merc missions all the time, and I am still not done... I feel sorry for those pulling her in post game...

Honestly, I haven't even bothered going for max affinity with Ursula, got her to the next to last level and I'm good, she's already considerably improved.  

Nuvendil said:

Honestly, I haven't even bothered going for max affinity with Ursula, got her to the next to last level and I'm good, she's already considerably improved.  

Well, I most likely won't use Ursula at all as I am going to use Nia as a Blade in my team (Rex/Zeke/Morag). But as I have been doing this crap the whole game, I have to see the end of it...lol

For me, the best part of that opening cutscene to chapter 10 was the Zohar.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Symbios63 said:
Nuvendil said:

Well, I most likely won't use Ursula at all as I am going to use Nia as a Blade in my team (Rex/Zeke/Morag). But as I have been doing this crap the whole game, I have to see the end of it...lol

I suppose it depends on how far you have her. I stopped upgrading Ursula when she had the second last row of Affinity skills, and she was my most powerful Blade all the way through the remainder of the game.. aside from Mythra’s main form.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Yeah, I was wondering about Ursula, when I started her quest, I didn't get why people hated her relatively quick missions. Then the missions stopped and I realized they expected me to do some of them repeatedly to "level up" before she actually moved an affinity node. Ugh.

I have to try because I am completionist to a degree but they dropped the ball on that one. At least with Zenobia, hers were just in and out one time with the abilities unlocked via certain unique monster battles. Also, despite starting the quest over a hundred hours in the past, I finally looked up the Old City of Teddim for Perceval's quest... they call that little shack a 'old' city? I had been there several times before without realizing it.