By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: How Do You Feel about Him Now? (Poll)

Last November,

I supported him and I still do - Americas 91 15.77%

I supported him and I now don't - Americas 16 2.77%

I supported him and I still do - Europe 37 6.41%

I supported him and I now don't - Europe 7 1.21%

I supported him and I still do - Asia 6 1.04%

I supported him and I now don't - Asia 1 0.17%

I supported him and I still do - RoW 15 2.60%

I supported him and I now don't - RoW 2 0.35%

I didn't support him and still don't. 373 64.64%

I didn't support him and now do. 29 5.03%

Total:577

You have to love Trump, so he tweets that the constitution does not matter in making his statement to GOP senators on his national emergency. This is what happens when you elect someone who cares absolutely nothing about the constitution, the office he runs or any of the protocols built over the years. The only thing Trump is concerned with has always and ever be Trump. You got to love the guy, he is making the GOP wish they never backed him. As I have mentioned before, Trump is a 2 edge sword. As long as you are with whatever he wants he will be on your side, as soon as something gets in his way well you have what we see today. I cannot wait for his next tweet.

Around the Network

Superman4 said:

So we all get forced to pay for insurance and the insurance companies are free to lower coverage amounts and raise rates...sounds perfectly fine. Anyone with half a brain would realize that the insurance companies under ACA were just given the golden egg. They are free to do whatever they want and still get paid. Typical Liberal nonsense, lets make it sound amazing but fail to deliver anything of substance.

The whole point of insurance is that those who aren't ill or injured pay much or most of the bill for those who are. Almost nobody can afford their own hospital expenses at the drop of a hat, that's why they pay for insurance. You are right that companies can still raise rates, but that is counteracted to some or a large extent by the subsidies. Anyway, I have more to say but I have to run an errand right now.

https://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet

Alright, so according to the Bureau of Labor Statistic's Consumer Price Index for Medical Care (All Urban Consumers), the rate that costs have increased has been steady for at least the last twenty years. ACA has had very little effect on it.

https://imgur.com/a/w8hVArZ

One last thing. When you say they're free to lower coverage amounts, do you mean the number of procedures, amount they feel like spending per patient, or the number of patients they're willing to insure?

Last edited by Mr_Destiny - on 11 March 2019

Looking over Trump proposed budget, I guess another promise he made on the campaign trail is thrown out the window. Gutting Medicare and Medicaid, who did not see that coming.

The new budget is soo bad. There is no point in increasing military spending since its already too high. The drops to government programs are good but it should have been a more severe cut across the board so that we can work in our debt. The proposed budget won't even be balanced for 15 years which is ridiculous. Reagan really fucked us over when it came to our debt and every President since him has just continued to make it worse.

SpokenTruth said:

At what point will his supporters realize Trump was playing them, using them to get elected? At what point are they going to realize he never had their best interests in mind?

Wall that Mexico will pay for? Tax payers are paying for it.
Tax cuts? Middle class and poor get to pay for those tax cuts.
Social Security is safe? He now wants to cut $25 billion and redirect them as part of a $34 billion increase in military spending.
National debt reduction? Increased $2 trillion in 2 years under a good economy (that's kind of hard to do).
Drain the swamp? Overpopulated it with billionaires in charge of the very industries they got rich from.
Manufacturing jobs? Ask GM how that's going.
Tariffs on China and Mexico? Oops...now in a trade war. Now has impact on manufacturing jobs and a massive trade deficit.
Replace Affordable Care Act? Still waiting.
ISIS dead in 30 days? He's about to leave Syria. You know Islamic State of Iraq and SYRIA.

Probably about the same time the non Trump supporters realize that the overwhelming majority of Trump voters knew Mexico wouldn't directly pay for the wall (if he could get it built), knew he would get serious resistance from the establishment politicians, media, etc, on the majority of his actions, and knew some large corporations were going to 'increase efficiencies' no matter how well the economy was doing.

If someone says something negative to you, and you reply back with something negative, have you both entered into a verbal war, or are you just having a conversation? Buzz words don't impact the situation itself, even though they may incite clicks.

You also can't just try to point out the 'negatives' without also comparing it to the 'positives'. If the 'positive' list is quadruple the 'negative', that certainly changes the perspective.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
EricHiggin said:

Probably about the same time the non Trump supporters realize that the overwhelming majority of Trump voters knew Mexico wouldn't directly pay for the wall (if he could get it built), knew he would get serious resistance from the establishment politicians, media, etc, on the majority of his actions, and knew some large corporations were going to 'increase efficiencies' no matter how well the economy was doing.

If someone says something negative to you, and you reply back with something negative, have you both entered into a verbal war, or are you just having a conversation? Buzz words don't impact the situation itself, even though they may incite clicks.

You also can't just try to point out the 'negatives' without also comparing it to the 'positives'. If the 'positive' list is quadruple the 'negative', that certainly changes the perspective.

And Mexico still isn't paying for it because we now have one of the largest trade deficits of all time.

Pretty tough for them to 'pay for it' when the wall hasn't been built yet.

SpokenTruth said:

At what point will his supporters realize Trump was playing them, using them to get elected? At what point are they going to realize he never had their best interests in mind?

Wall that Mexico will pay for? Tax payers are paying for it.
Tax cuts? Middle class and poor get tYo pay for those tax cuts.
Social Security is safe? He now wants to cut $25 billion and redirect them as part of a $34 billion increase in military spending.
National debt reduction? Increased $2 trillion in 2 years under a good economy (that's kind of hard to do).
Drain the swamp? Overpopulated it with billionaires in charge of the very industries they got rich from.
Manufacturing jobs? Ask GM how that's going.
Tariffs on China and Mexico? Oops...now in a trade war. Now has impact on manufacturing jobs and a massive trade deficit.
Replace Affordable Care Act? Still waiting.
ISIS dead in 30 days? He's about to leave Syria. You know Islamic State of Iraq and SYRIA.

1. He really dropped the ball with the mexico paying for the wall part.

2. Most middle class and poor Americans recived tax cuts along with the rich. It is good for everyone.

3. I wish he would have cut spending more honestly. Not a big fan of social security anyway.

4. Yeah the debt should have been top priority imo. It's getting way out of hand.

5. His cabinet could be better but its alright. Even if they are billionaires meh.

6. Trump has actually done a pretty good job when it comes ot millions of new manufacturing jobs throughout his term. Some misteps for sure but overall its been good imo.

7. I though the Mexican trade war ended already with the thing they signed with Canada/US/Mexico. The China trade war is dumb tho and should have ended a long time ago but if it ends up working that will be good.

8. Yup, Obamacare needs to be replaced asap.

9. We should have never got involved in the ME to begin with. Even if ISIS is not fully defeated let other countries handle it.

EricHiggin said:
SpokenTruth said:

And Mexico still isn't paying for it because we now have one of the largest trade deficits of all time.

Didn't it get downgraded to just a fence anyway?

jason1637 said:

3. I wish he would have cut spending more honestly. Not a big fan of social security anyway.

Why is that? What is wrong with it?

jason1637 said:

8. Yup, Obamacare needs to be replaced asap.

Wish you guys would just do it once and do it right. This flip-flopping on health is just costing the taxpayer cash for no good reason.
Plenty of other Nations that have better and cheaper healthcare than the US, look towards those and emulate them.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

SpokenTruth said:
EricHiggin said:

So all this trade deficit stuff now doesn't count?  Got it.

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/us-trade-deficit-how-much-does-it-matter

The first portion explains it in a nutshell. Some economists think it's bad, some think it's good, some think it should be balanced. Overall it's fine unless it swings to far in either direction. Since it's tied into many things, like imports, exports, savings and investment rates, spending, etc, as long as it all matches up in the end is all that matters. When it all doesn't, that's when you have problems. Pointing out only trade is like pointing out only negatives without taking everything into account.

Pemalite said:
EricHiggin said:

Didn't it get downgraded to just a fence anyway?

Well the funds aren't guaranteed as of yet so depending on how much they can get, if any above the small amount from the budget, will determine what kind of structure and what dimensions it can be. Trying to build a home with 10 grand will get you a shack and an outhouse.