Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: How Do You Feel about Him Now? (Poll)

Last November,

I supported him and I still do - Americas 91 15.77%

I supported him and I now don't - Americas 16 2.77%

I supported him and I still do - Europe 37 6.41%

I supported him and I now don't - Europe 7 1.21%

I supported him and I still do - Asia 6 1.04%

I supported him and I now don't - Asia 1 0.17%

I supported him and I still do - RoW 15 2.60%

I supported him and I now don't - RoW 2 0.35%

I didn't support him and still don't. 373 64.64%

I didn't support him and now do. 29 5.03%

Total:577

Interesting article I just read concerning Trump going the national emergency route. It appears that Congress, either the House or Senate has the ability to end a national emergency by putting it to a vote. So there is a provision within the national emergency act that allow either the House or Senate to produce a resolution to end an emergency declaration. The law itself sets a max limit of 6 months before the Senate or House must vote on the continuation of an emergency but there isn't any sets on the minimum.

So what that means is that Pelosi could do is immediately call a vote within the house to end the emergency and then it gets sent to the Senate. The Senate has 15 days to vote on it and they must vote so McConnell cannot deny bringing it to a vote like he has with the other bills to open the government. There is already 12 Republicans who are on record who are not sitting well with this plan from Trump so things could get very interesting if Trump does decide to go the emergency route.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
Interesting article I just read concerning Trump going the national emergency route. It appears that Congress, either the House or Senate has the ability to end a national emergency by putting it to a vote. So there is a provision within the national emergency act that allow either the House or Senate to produce a resolution to end an emergency declaration. The law itself sets a max limit of 6 months before the Senate or House must vote on the continuation of an emergency but there isn't any sets on the minimum.

So what that means is that Pelosi could do is immediately call a vote within the house to end the emergency and then it gets sent to the Senate. The Senate has 15 days to vote on it and they must vote so McConnell cannot deny bringing it to a vote like he has with the other bills to open the government. There is already 12 Republicans who are on record who are not sitting well with this plan from Trump so things could get very interesting if Trump does decide to go the emergency route.

I doubt he will go the emergency route. It would be a 100% disaster.

It forces putting republicans to the test. Getting them on record that they are okay with a president declaring anything a national emergency and doing what ever they can do with it.  Select republicans are already terrified at the concept. And those would be real emergencies, like Climate change, health care, or even possibly Gun control.

Even better are the optics.  I find Marco Rubio fairly disgusting but I absolutely believe he will tear Trump apart if Trump tries to take the disaster money from Florida.

Stealing money from disaster relief from Arizona or Texas to pay for a wall that involves stealing the land out from under Arizonians and Texans?  Those states would go more blue than Hawaii and California combined.

He doesn't get his wall. He gets sued by everyone. He puts everyone to the test and on record with 2020 elections coming.

Only the clueless and the racist(Graham/King) could find it a good idea.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)

At this point, I don't fucking care about who did what. Both parties are absolute trash. It sucks for those who are affected by this spat.

Shutdown is a complete joke. He wasted 2 years when Republicans had control of Congress where he could have passed it yet waits till right before Democrats take over the House to throw a hissy fit because he got called out by shithead right wing talk radio hosts. So now he is making only demands and offering nothing to the table to negotiate. Not even offering to act on dreamers in exhange. What an awesome negotiator he is...  If he wanted his damn wall so badly or such an emergency then what the fuck where Republicans doing the past 2 years?

iron_megalith said:
At this point, I don't fucking care about who did what. Both parties are absolute trash. It sucks for those who are affected by this spat.

Really? That's what you're getting out of this? That they're both trash? The Democrats aren't angels by any means; however, in comparison to the Republicans, and especially Trump, they basically look like Jesus Christ incarnate at the moment.

Around the Network
xbebop said:
iron_megalith said:

Really? That's what you're getting out of this? That they're both trash? The Democrats aren't angels by any means; however, in comparison to the Republicans, and especially Trump, they basically look like Jesus Christ incarnate at the moment.

How?

xbebop said:
iron_megalith said:

The fact that no compromises can be met on both sides means both are insensitive to the shit that's happening outside of them. It just shows that they just want flex their political power. So no. Democrats are not the "better person" in this shit show.

For people to actually pick a side in this mess and point fingers just shows they're completely drunk in this political drama. They have completely lost their minds in staying sane. People should wake up and realize that the ones who really lose in this drama are those who pay these bastards who don't want to work together at all.

Last edited by iron_megalith - on 11 January 2019

iron_megalith said:
xbebop said:

The fact that no compromises can be met on both sides means both are insensitive to the shit that's happening outside of them. It just shows that they just want flex their political power. So no. Democrats are not the "better person" in this shit show.

The shutdown started the 21. Democrats took over the 3rd.  So this "both sides" is very misleading.

The government has shut down THREE times while under the control of Senate, house, and President - all republicans. No "both sides".

The senate (all 100 people. Or as you'd say "both sides") sent a bill to the house. The speaker (a republican) said no.  The house sent a bill to the senate (yep both sides again). The head of the senate (a republican) said no.

MCconnel(still a republican) was trying to work out a deal with other republicans (no democrats). The president(oh hey look a republican) said no.

Cut the both sides bullshit. He was offered his wall in full for DACA. He said no. He didn't decide there was a "national emergency" until he lost the house.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
iron_megalith said:
xbebop said:

For people to actually pick a side in this mess and blame the other side just shows they're completely drunk in this political drama. They have completely lost their minds in staying sane. People should wake up that the ones who really lose in this drama are those who pay these bastards who can't work together at all.

Trump couldn't get this done when Republicans controlled both the House and Senate, now he's just going to destroy the nation over this when the Dems take the house? This is a policy power play that Dems aren't going to back down from. There's bills that have been presented that he won't even look twice at. Trump isn't interested in whats good for the rest of the nation, only his ego, because he shouldn't punish Americans to push a thing that's been a complete non-issue up until this point. He says he owns the shutdown, the republican party is backing him up, so, yes, it's all on them.

(Was supposed to be a reply to iron)

It falls on Trump.  They were about to pass bills to keep the partial shutdown from happening.  Trump gets called out by Rush and Coulter so he backsteps and then decides to change his mind right when Christmas break was going to happen.  He could have signed the bills keeping everything funded and then have Congress come up with a solution or you know they could have passed a wall bill when Republicans had control for 2 years.  Yet here we are.  He even said he would take the heat for shutdown and now he is lying out his ass like usual saying it is the democrats fault.  If he won't even offer to act on dreamers in exchange for a wall then what the fuck are Democrats supposed to do?  There are bills to open the government but old turtle Mitch in Senate won't bring it up for a vote.  Same damn bills they passed right before Trump flip flopped.