By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: How Do You Feel about Him Now? (Poll)

Last November,

I supported him and I still do - Americas 91 15.77%

I supported him and I now don't - Americas 16 2.77%

I supported him and I still do - Europe 37 6.41%

I supported him and I now don't - Europe 7 1.21%

I supported him and I still do - Asia 6 1.04%

I supported him and I now don't - Asia 1 0.17%

I supported him and I still do - RoW 15 2.60%

I supported him and I now don't - RoW 2 0.35%

I didn't support him and still don't. 373 64.64%

I didn't support him and now do. 29 5.03%

Total:577

Did you guys see Pence last night at the state of the union? Looked like he was jacking off to his fearless leader in the background. Must have blown his mind. No!!! Can't go against my christian morals but I must jack off now.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:

I too have lived in Dallas and Nashville.  As well as other parts of Texas and Florida.  It's not possible to have only seen 1 flag (yard, house, vehicle, etc...) on route 72. That's the heart of Dixieland.

Nice map of a bunch of shit states.  Seriously every single state I see on there is shit especially state I currently reside in Texas.  Other states I see on there just as bad or worse. 

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 06 February 2019

the-pi-guy said:
Victorlink87 said:

I have lived in Tennessee (24 years), Texas (1 year) and Mississippi (10 years). Generally most citizens of all races view the Confederate flag as a piece of cloth not worth acknowledging unless asked. For example, I drove across north MS twice a day for 1 year and I saw 4 Confederate flags. As a reference point I saw more Coexist bumper stickers. Therefore, this large and dangerous white supremacist movement is largely a myth. Across the south they might number a thousand or two because even with an extremely aggressive online push for the Unite the Right rally they only managed to bring in 500. Unite the Right Rally is by far their most "successful" event in the last 20 years.

Antifa numbers around 20,000 and their most successful event is effectively shutting down Portland, Oregon.

I will let you decide who is today's greater threat between the two factions.

You're basically saying:

I dont see many Confederate flag, therefore there aren't many white supremacists.  That doesn't hold up.  

I could say by the same logic I've never seen a communist flag on the road, therefore there aren't any communists in the US.  Somehow I doubt that holds up.  One doesn't need to sport a flag to support something, especially when it comes to controversial things.  

Lived in the south all of my life. Racism exists, but is pushed out of everyday life. Black, hispanic and white people break bread together frequently. Interracial couples are common and interracial churches are increasing. Seeing people of different races working, fishing, dating, etc each other is so common place that it is difficult to go shopping or out to eat without seeing races interacting in a positive manner. The racists are relegated to their closets.

However, nice job ignoring a real life example and hard numbers in favor of what feels right.  Also should note I never said there weren't any white supremacists only that they represent less than a percent of the population. 

SpokenTruth said:
Victorlink87 said:

Haha. It isn't a lie. The Confederate flag is rare in North MS, Dallas, and Central and West TN.  I invite you to visit us. I could drive you down Highway 72 everyday for a year and you will see 1 Confederate flag at someone's house, but thats about it. I could drive you down Highway 55 for a year and you might see 4 flags. I know this from personal experience, sorry that I didn't video tape my every move so that I could calm the unprecedented paranoia around white supremacists. They are a marginalized group, even in the deep south.

The numbers on white supremacists are estimates based on their Unite the Right Rally because they pumped a huge amount of income, time, social media, etc into it and only an estimated 500 showed up.

As for Antifa, thats based on countless news reports and numbers consistent with both sides of the aisle.

I too have lived in Dallas and Nashville.  As well as other parts of Texas and Florida.  It's not possible to have only seen 1 flag (yard, house, vehicle, etc...) on route 72. That's the heart of Dixieland.

Would you like me to video tape the little over 1.5 hr drive from Corinth MS to Memphis TN? I mean there really isn't any other way. Sorry that my story goes against your preconceived bias.

sethnintendo said:
SpokenTruth said:

Nice map of a bunch of shit states.  Seriously every single state I see on there is shit especially state I currently reside in Texas.  Other states I see on there just as bad or worse. 

I moved out of MS because I cannot stand the State's government. Corrupt is an understatement. If you don't like it, you can move.

Around the Network
Victorlink87 said:
sethnintendo said:

I moved out of MS because I cannot stand the State's government. Corrupt is an understatement. If you don't like it, you can move.

Problem most good states get pretty damn cold during winter.  Need more global warming.  Became a cold pussy since coming from Ohio to Texas 19 years ago.  Currently in Austin which is alright except all the fucks that keep coming here.   And I'm sorry to hear you were from Mississippi.  Must have been traumatic.  I bet you need counseling for that.  PTSD from living in redneck country.

sethnintendo said:
Victorlink87 said:

Problem most good states get pretty damn cold during winter.  Need more global warming.  Became a cold pussy since coming from Ohio to Texas 19 years ago.  Currently in Austin which is alright except all the fucks that keep coming here.   And I'm sorry to hear you were from Mississippi.  Must have been traumatic.  I bet you need counseling for that.  PTSD from living in redneck country.

I am from Memphis, TN. Went to college in MS and spent some years in Oxford, MS. I actually enjoyed Oxford. Here you will find that you have southerners, rednecks, white trash, etc. They come in variety packs haha.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=undefined&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwi538DyzafgAhWDxIMKHaoEDQIQzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theroot.com%2Fis-the-south-more-racist-than-other-parts-of-the-us-1820893655&psig=AOvVaw0fCk3oZTmRayQOt-WW82H3&ust=1549559711534496

Link, guy did his homework. Though I disagree with his conclusion.

Victorlink87 said:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=undefined&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwi538DyzafgAhWDxIMKHaoEDQIQzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theroot.com%2Fis-the-south-more-racist-than-other-parts-of-the-us-1820893655&psig=AOvVaw0fCk3oZTmRayQOt-WW82H3&ust=1549559711534496

Link, guy did his homework. Though I disagree with his conclusion.

That the south is not more racist than the rest of the USA? Why are you disagreeing with him?

SpokenTruth said:
Victorlink87 said:

Would you like me to video tape the little over 1.5 hr drive from Corinth MS to Memphis TN? I mean there really isn't any other way. Sorry that my story goes against your preconceived bias.

Do you not realize the Mississippi state flag has the Confederate flag built into it?  Or that Mississippi has 130+ Confederate monuments? They celebrate Robert E. Lee's birthday on MLK day. They have a Confederate Memorial Day in April. 5 counties and/or cities names after Confederate leaders or generals. Hundreds of roads, parks, schools, etc...too.

To suggest you might only see 4 flags over an entire year is illogical.

Not a suggestion an experience.

It would be nice if you could be there for all those dates.

You know who you will see on local TV, hear on local radio and see signs and southerners' social media posts for on MLK day? MLK, no one openly says a word about Robert E Lee except for your occasional 80 year old.

As for the MS state flag. Many places do not fly it anymore. 1 of the 4 was a MS state flag. Besides very few regular everyday people in MS view the state flag as a symbol of racism or whitr supremacy.

As for the monuments, yea an inanimate object means  high levels of racism in a population and systemic racism. Because the actions and words of the people don't matter.

Only illogical because you can't move past your bias.

I invite you to talk to the Confederate Flag people, you will be stunned by the variety of reponses you get that are not inherently racist, hell you might even run into a black guy flying it. (Don't Get Me Wrong, I Hate That Flag because I know what atrocities happened under it)