By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japan is the second best selling country for the ps4

Tagged games:

Kerotan said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

My same doubt. Either he's citing PS3 instead of PS4 numbers, or he's estimating a little less than 2 users per console for the 5.3M+ PS4 already sold or he's predicting 10M lifetime sales for it.

Predicting 10m for it.

So the PS4 was only designed for the 5 million it sold to then?

Hardly designed for the Japanese lifestyle.

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
Ruler said:

How many other AAA survial horror games are outthere? You just saw a teaser of Ghost of Tsushima and you already makes some conclusions, the game could be anything

AAA horror games is dying, developers is moving away from making them. Hopefully they're making something more imaginative.

Supplying a dying genre sounds very imaginative to me

mysteryman said:
Kerotan said:

Predicting 10m for it.

So far yes but the gen is far from over so obviously it's design is suited to a lot more then that. 

But you are right. It's not designed with mainly Japan in mind. It's designed with the global market in mind . 

Kerotan said:
mysteryman said:

So far yes but the gen is far from over so obviously it's design is suited to a lot more then that. 

But you are right. It's not designed with mainly Japan in mind. It's designed with the global market in mind . 

Which countries would you say it was designed mainly for then?

I honestly don't see how people say that the PS4 is doing great in Japan, like I really don't think there's any context or justification that can make it's sales numbers over there sound good. Like if you go back to 2014 or 2015 it was doing numbers similar to the Wii u or maybe even a bit worse and even now in it's best year it rarely does more than 30k. Yeah Japan may be the 2nd biggest market for the PS4 but if you take population into account and look at how it compares to the switch or the Vita or the Wii u I really don't understand how anyone can say it's doing great.

Around the Network
mysteryman said:
Kerotan said:

It's not designed for 1 nation in particular. That's why it's a global phenomenon. 

Kerotan said:
mysteryman said:

It's not designed for 1 nation in particular. That's why it's a global phenomenon. 

Right. But within that global market are local markets. Which of those does the PS4 cater mostly to?

I don't think a hybrid console is needed at all considering the substantial global success of the PS4. As long as it continues to sell well overall it won't matter how poor it sells in Japan. Sony can just keep doing what its doing since it's clearly at the forefront currently.

Lawlight said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Coincidentally it's the country they're getting their ass kicked in

You have to wonder why. What was the last home console to kick ass there?

SNES Classic, NES Classic, Wii and currently Switch.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

mysteryman said:
Kerotan said:

Right. But within that global market are local markets. Which of those does the PS4 cater mostly to?

It's really hard to say. Obviously America is the country with the most sales but then there's a few countries with similar sales like UK, Japan, Germany and France. 

You really can't say it's mainly catered for any country because it's very popular in so many. That's the secret to Sony's global domination. Don't focus predominantly on 1 country.