By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Assassination Classroom

Holy fuck what an amazing show.

I was bored a few weeks ago and saw it as one of the highest rated animes on myanimelist. It seemed bizarre, closer to a joke than an actual rating of it. 

I gave it a try, and I just finished the last episode. How the hell did this weirdass anime somehow turn out better than almost every show I've ever seen? The second season was even stronger than the first season as well. I didn't think they could capitalize on the end of the first season, but I was proven wrong quickly.

Certain animes (like Death Note) had memorable endings, but the conclusion to it was weak. Assassination Classroom's hiccups were covered successfully, and the march towards the end never felt anticlimatic.

I'm still shocked by how great this show is. The character development, animation, plot, and overall themes taught are all amazing. So many animes stick with the typical 'be a hero' theme or that friends matter, but AC focused on a lot of different values. The flaws in school systems, focusing on helping the weak instead of pretending they don't exist, using one's flaws as their strength, and so much more. I came in expecting a whacky, low budget anime with slapstick comedy, and yet the themes were somehow greater than a lot of other shows. 

The anime never tries to eradicate the End class. Instead, it focused on how simply helping them out and acknowleding them leads them to heights they could never reach before. I rarely watch a series and feel completely satisfied with how it ends - hell, Assassination Classroom may be my underdog for one of the top series of all time.

Final rating:

1st season 8.4/10

2nd season 9.8/10 

Overall: 9.7/10

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Saw the name and the name of the poster and thought this was in politics.

So relieved.

That'd be an interesting thread. This anime does get pretty political however. Tackled problems with Japan head-on. School systems definitely need changing in many countries.

Yeah this is one of those anime where I've heard the second season is way better than the first

Still don't want to watch it because it's anime and it's shonen, though

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Yeah this is one of those anime where I've heard the second season is way better than the first

Still don't want to watch it because it's anime and it's shonen, though

Shounen leaves a bad taste in my mouth too, but Assassination classroom, Mob Psycho, and My Hero make me optimistic. If these higher quality series push away Dragon Ball Super/Boruto/other low quality stuff, then we may see this trend of solid shounen series continue.

To each their own. I watched a bit of it and didn't like it. I couldn't get past the silly plot.

Around the Network

See, it was the complete opposite for me. I was having fun and then decided to watch a few episodes of AC. Which bored me to tears, so I decided to go back and watch good animes again.

Like AOTY Houseki no Kuni.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

LoL, anime.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

vivster said:

See, it was the complete opposite for me. I was having fun and then decided to watch a few episodes of AC. Which bored me to tears, so I decided to go back and watch good animes again.

Like AOTY Houseki no Kuni.

Suppose AC isn't everyone's taste then. The anime you listed on the bottom seems interesting - I may gave it a go.

I still haven't seen the anime since I collect the manga (Only one more volume to go!), but I'm pretty interested in seeing how the anime compares to the manga when I finish reading it.

Vini256 said:
I still haven't seen the anime since I collect the manga (Only one more volume to go!), but I'm pretty interested in seeing how the anime compares to the manga when I finish reading it.

What are your thoughts on the series? Curious to know honestly. Perhaps once you're done watching it you can make a final judgement on the series