By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 47): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - November 20-26, 2017

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

You are writing pure nonsenses like usual, I didnt waited nothing hole year, and nothing frustrating me about PS4, from start I was saying that PS4 sales in Japan are not great and that are not on pair with sales and popularity like in all other markets where sales are phenomenal. On other hand, its obvious that you are one thats frustrating curently, you are one thats saying that PS4 sales in Japan are "amazing" lol, and you are one that saying that this will be best PS4 year in Japan until now but now you are not sure any more, you are thats frustrating because PS4 has 25k sales in weeks where Switch has around 150k, Its obvious who is getting frustrating, opening threads just to defend "amazing" PS4 sales in Japan, importance of Japan market for Sony or that Switch won't cannibalizing PS4 just proves that.

I told you to chill, I mean with today numbers you will get even more frustrated. :D

It's obvious because Japan is very important market for Sony. :D

Lol nonsense as usual. I still maintain this year will beat any year from last gen and I still think it will be up YOY.  It's hilarious how you keep making things up just so you can post rubbish about me. Comical.

If things I wrote are nonsense like usual, made up things and rubbish about you, you are free to write what exactly part because everything I wrote are pure fact expect that you wrote you still think it will be YOY (even that is far from sure and it will be intresting to see result at end). Again, you are one thats saying that PS4 sales in Japan are "amazing" lol, and you are one that saying that this will be best PS4 year in Japan until now (but thats far from sure), you are one thats frustrating because PS4 has 25k sales in weeks where Switch has around 150k, you are that opening threads just to defend "amazing" PS4 sales in Japan, like how much importan is Japan market for Sony and that Switch dont cannibalizing PS4 in Japan threads, so it's very obvious who is frustrated.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 06 December 2017

Around the Network

Switch looks like Pacman gobbling up the rest.  Just as I expected.  The Animal Crossing phone game is driving up sales of New Leaf.

Miyamotoo said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

1st paragraph and why do you think it's down in Japan from last year? Does PS4 have any notable game, Slim and Pro in Japan this year compare to last year?

2nd Why do you think it's only selling less in Japan if you compare it the west? In the west COD, Starwars, Assassin's creed, Fifa and PS4 exclusive GTS (west is the biggest market for this game) VS Japan COD and GTS (the only 2 game that managed to sell 100K in first week). Answer me honestly is that appealing to the Japanese audience?

3rd yes you will need data for it because Switch cannot have a negative effect on PS4 if it's sold out most of the time. Where's the I will choose Switch  over PS4 when it's not available on my store? See that's dilemma. They want a Switch but they can't buy it because it is sold out. Like I mentioned. PS4 is never part of that equation they never wanted PS4 to begin with because even if Switch is sold out there's no positive effect from the PS4. It's still selling normally when there's no game to appeal to them. it will sell a lot if there's a big game or notable game on that week. That's trend that you are ignoring. That's not stealing or having a negative effect because of the Switch. PS4 is never been a console of choice in Japan. It's always handheld first and Home console 2nd which is happening right now. If there is a game I will buy one but if there isn't I won't buy it that's the trend of PS4. 

Also at bold, We are talking about sales in Japan. The user here doesn't have any effect on the sales trend in Japan. Unless you can show me a user here that lives in Japan and that doesn't have a 3DS or a thread that has a survey or data that can show me all the things you are claiming in Japan. So again show me the receipt!

I actually starting to get some of your points because in 2016 Switch never existed so the PS4 managed to have a big Q4 because PS4 is the only home console of choice but that argument is flawed. DQXI invalidates that argument alreqady. Switch existed at that time and Switch is selling well on those week as well but did it have a negative effect on the PS4 the answer is no.  So once again data dictates that PS4 will sell well if their is a notable game that will appeal to Japanese crowd but where is the notable game from November that will appeal to them?

Pro and Slim were thing world wide last year not just in Japan, west always have more suitable games than Japan, and again sales on west went noticeable YOY up even before BF, while there is chanche that PS4 this year in Japan will not be YOY up. I think that in November and now in December Switch started effecting on PS4 sales.

Yes Switch is sold out constantly, but again there is every week chance that you can buy one, Switch sold 150k last week even if its sold out again. And yes there is chance that some people dont want wait for better Switch stocks and that they will buy PS4 instead, but again I think that Switch has bigger effect on PS4 sales beacuse Switch hype and popularity in Japan is huge and its not hard to imagine that some users will decaide to buy Switch instead of PS4.

But that also goes for Japan, offcourse that in Japan you also have users that are not Nintendo fans, or users that didnt had Nintendo hardware long time or never before, its common sense. I can say same thing, show me evidence, survey or data that ever Switch owner is Nintendo fan or ex 3DS owner and thats not new user or not Nintendo fan.

Switch in last 1-2 months and especially in recent weeks start receiving big shipments that wasnt relly case during summer period, and again my point is that Switch started to effect on PS4 sales in November and probably now in December during holiday season beacuse Switch is that new hot incredibly hyped and popular device not PS4, so of course that some people will choose Switch instead of PS4, and of course that wasn't case last year.

We going in circles so this dont make sense any more.

We are not going circles you are just ignoring facts that splattered over your face and having an ability to brush it off. 

1st Who said that Pro and slim is only a Japan thing? The bold again is proving my point. Can you name me games that will appeal to the Japanese crowd in November? You still haven't answered this question. 

2nd Do you have any data to prove that if Switch is sold out they are choosing PS4 instead? Because again Sales trend and curves in Japan disagrees with you. 

3rd Common sense. lol. It's common sense to own a Nintendo console in Japan. FYI gaming is a culture in Japan. As a Nintendo fan you should know very well of this console. Nes, Snes, Gameboy (pokemon), DS. Again it's common sense dictates that if you are living in Japan and gaming is a culture in Japan. It's silly for you to not have a Nintendo console once in your life. Don't add other countries sales trend if we are talking about Japan. You have been following Japan sales you should know very well that Japan is different compare to the west.

Aaand Lol why would I bother doing the work for you? I have done so much to prove my point I think it's your time to prove it. It's your time to show me some evidence. The reason you can't because you don't have one. Again show me the receipt. This is getting laughable. 

4th Sold out meaning you cannot buy it. Every week it is sold out so every week this people who weren't able to get a Switch will fall in line again, be it by lottery or whatever so it's common sense that those people who wasn't able to buy it last week will buy it this week if they can't again they will buy it the next week. That's the sales trend of Nintendo Switch but according to you they can only buy one so if they have bought a PS4 on those period then Switch shouldn't be sold out the following week because they will choose PS4 instead so PS4 should be doing those number instead according to you? See the argument you are trying to present here.

Lastly, I am not going to pretend I am a sales genius but it's common sense to see all the variables, sales trend and curves on why a console is up or why it is down but with you I cannot say the same thing about you because you only see the 150K switch that was sold this week and PS4 down YOY and that's it. You can't even properly explain on why Switch affecting PS4 sales. That's the difference.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Miyamotoo said:

Pro and Slim were thing world wide last year not just in Japan, west always have more suitable games than Japan, and again sales on west went noticeable YOY up even before BF, while there is chanche that PS4 this year in Japan will not be YOY up. I think that in November and now in December Switch started effecting on PS4 sales.

Yes Switch is sold out constantly, but again there is every week chance that you can buy one, Switch sold 150k last week even if its sold out again. And yes there is chance that some people dont want wait for better Switch stocks and that they will buy PS4 instead, but again I think that Switch has bigger effect on PS4 sales beacuse Switch hype and popularity in Japan is huge and its not hard to imagine that some users will decaide to buy Switch instead of PS4.

But that also goes for Japan, offcourse that in Japan you also have users that are not Nintendo fans, or users that didnt had Nintendo hardware long time or never before, its common sense. I can say same thing, show me evidence, survey or data that ever Switch owner is Nintendo fan or ex 3DS owner and thats not new user or not Nintendo fan.

Switch in last 1-2 months and especially in recent weeks start receiving big shipments that wasnt relly case during summer period, and again my point is that Switch started to effect on PS4 sales in November and probably now in December during holiday season beacuse Switch is that new hot incredibly hyped and popular device not PS4, so of course that some people will choose Switch instead of PS4, and of course that wasn't case last year.

We going in circles so this dont make sense any more.

We are not going circles you are just ignoring facts that splattered over your face and having an ability to brush it off. 

1st Who said that Pro and slim is only a Japan thing? The bold again is proving my point. Can you name me games that will appeal to the Japanese crowd in November? You still haven't answered this question. 

2nd Do you have any data to prove that if Switch is sold out they are choosing PS4 instead? Because again Sales trend and curves in Japan disagrees with you. 

3rd Common sense. lol. It's common sense to own a Nintendo console in Japan. FYI gaming is a culture in Japan. As a Nintendo fan you should know very well of this console. Nes, Snes, Gameboy (pokemon), DS. Again it's common sense dictates that if you are living in Japan and gaming is a culture in Japan. It's silly for you to not have a Nintendo console once in your life. Don't add other countries sales trend if we are talking about Japan. You have been following Japan sales you should know very well that Japan is different compare to the west.

Aaand Lol why would I bother doing the work for you? I have done so much to prove my point I think it's your time to prove it. It's your time to show me some evidence. The reason you can't because you don't have one. Again show me the receipt. This is getting laughable. 

4th Sold out meaning you cannot buy it. Every week it is sold out so every week this people who weren't able to get a Switch will fall in line again, be it by lottery or whatever so it's common sense that those people who wasn't able to buy it last week will buy it this week if they can't again they will buy it the next week. That's the sales trend of Nintendo Switch but according to you they can only buy one so if they have bought a PS4 on those period then Switch shouldn't be sold out the following week because they will choose PS4 instead so PS4 should be doing those number instead according to you? See the argument you are trying to present here.

Lastly, I am not going to pretend I am a sales genius but it's common sense to see all the variables, sales trend and curves on why a console is up or why it is down but with you I cannot say the same thing about you because you only see the 150K switch that was sold this week and PS4 down YOY and that's it. You can't even properly explain on why Switch affecting PS4 sales. That's the difference.

What exactly facts, number that you provided does not tells us how much better PS4 would sell this year if Switch wasn't on market.

Pro/Slim and more subtible games are point you making why PS4 had better Q4 last year compared to this year, but west last year also had Pro/Slim and mores subtible games than Japan, and PS4 one evre other mareket expect Japan is notcible up YOY compared to last year.

Hardly you can have data for something like that, but again that's common sense, imagine person wants to buy console like present to someone or for kid, and get in store and cant buy Switch because it's out of stock, there is good possibility that maybe he will buy than PS4 instead. I can use same your logic, gave me any data that proves that isnt true.

Yes its common sense that Nintendo is very popular in Japan, but its not common sense that every person owns Nintendo hardware in Japan, or that they are no new Nintendo users.

Hardly you can have data for something like that, can you give my any data that proves that isnt true!? Offcourse you cant.

About 4th, nothing you wrote make any sense and I didnt wrote that. Problem with you is that you generalizing, I never wrote that evre person buy only one console, I never wrote that evre person who cant buy Switch will buy PS4 instead, but that some of them will do. Its same with your point that all Switch owners are only Nintendo fans and ex 3DS buyers.

Point is simple, PS4 is noticeable YOY up on every market in world except in Japan, where there is chanche that will not be YOU up or where difference will be very small in best case. Switch is incredible popular in Japan and has huge hype, so its not hard to imagine that Switch starting effecting on PS4 sales, because there are people in world that can buy only one console per year and especially during holiday season and that those people will choose between PS4 and Switch and some of them will want that new hot popular console not PS4. Consoles do effect on sales on each other, if you have only one console on market that console will definitely have better sales in any case without any competition, even Switch would sell better (assuming that there is no stock problems on market) than it will if PS4 isnt on market.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 06 December 2017

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

Lol nonsense as usual. I still maintain this year will beat any year from last gen and I still think it will be up YOY.  It's hilarious how you keep making things up just so you can post rubbish about me. Comical.

If things I wrote are nonsense like usual, made up things and rubbish about you, you are free to write what exactly part because everything I wrote are pure fact expect that you wrote you still think it will be YOY (even that is far from sure and it will be intresting to see result at end). Again, you are one thats saying that PS4 sales in Japan are "amazing" lol, and you are one that saying that this will be best PS4 year in Japan until now (but thats far from sure), you are one thats frustrating because PS4 has 25k sales in weeks where Switch has around 150k, you are that opening threads just to defend "amazing" PS4 sales in Japan, like how much importan is Japan market for Sony and that Switch dont cannibalizing PS4 in Japan threads, so it's very obvious who is frustrated.

More nonsense as usual. Once again making things up. I've already made it clear ps4 Japan sales are only amazing in certain aspectscnot in general.

And again ignoring noctis who is absolutely destroying you with cold hard facts. Good job at ignoring them though. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

More nonsense as usual. Once again making things up. I've already made it clear ps4 Japan sales are only amazing in certain aspectscnot in general.

And again ignoring noctis who is absolutely destroying you with cold hard facts. Good job at ignoring them though. 

All clear facts, and we all have evidences, you wrote that PS4 sales are amazing, and you did made those threads to defend PS4 performance in Japan, talking about frustration. But of course you can pretend like usual that's not true. ;)

Noctis not destroying nobody, but you can keep cheer like last time when you also cheer against me but in same time against your own points, that was really hilarious. :D

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

All clear facts, and we all have evidences, you wrote that PS4 sales are amazing, and you did made those threads to defend PS4 performance in Japan, talking about frustration. But of course you can pretend like usual that's not true. ;)

Noctis not destroying nobody, but you can keep cheer like last time when you also cheer against me but in same time against your own points, that was really hilarious. :D

He's destroyed you so much you asked him to chat to you privately because it's becoming a public humiliation at this point. 

I Explained numerous times in what context are ps4 japan sales amazing but as usual you just ignore things to make a point that doesn't exist. 

Word of advice. Stick to facts rather then heresy. 

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

He's destroyed you so much you asked him to chat to you privately because it's becoming a public humiliation at this point. 

I Explained numerous times in what context are ps4 japan sales amazing but as usual you just ignore things to make a point that doesn't exist. 

Public humiliation!? :D  Also it's interesting that you talking about public humiliation because you are well known and biggest joke around here and you proof that in every thread you post.

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

Public humiliation!? :D  Also it's interesting that you talking about public humiliation because you are well known and biggest joke around here and you proof that in every thread you post.

That's pretty rich coming from a guy who's spent the last week avoiding facts and coming up with some vgchartz classics like "switch is cannibalising the ps4" and "dominating the globe isn't global domination" xD

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

That's pretty rich coming from a guy who's spent the last week avoiding facts and coming up with some vgchartz classics like "switch is cannibalising the ps4" and "dominating the globe isn't global domination" xD

Again coming from guy that made threads about "switch is cannibalising the PS4" and "Japan is important market for Sony" just to defend PS4 sales in Japan. :D