Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Japanese Nintendo Switch 2017-2018 winter commercials

TheMisterManGuy said:
Ljink96 said:

It's a tech demo that costs 50 bucks but should have been a pack in. Not to mention it isn't that fun...or quality..or good. But hey, different strokes. I personally don't think it needs to be advertised. Even shitty games sell well.

1-2 Switch is a game that's only really useful in a party setting. It's not the kind of game you can just bust out any time your with a friend, there has to be a crowd involved. It's something mainly makes sense in Japan, which is why the game still gets advertised there. Besides, 1-2 Switch isn't a pack-in because it doesn't actually explain what the Switch is on a broad conceptual level like Wii Sports did with the Wii. 

lol, pack ins don't have to explain a device. 



Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
Ljink96 said:

It's a tech demo that costs 50 bucks but should have been a pack in. Not to mention it isn't that fun...or quality..or good. But hey, different strokes. I personally don't think it needs to be advertised. Even shitty games sell well.

Yes, should've been a pack in, but it's not. Plus, if it stops being advertised, it will probably stop selling well.

About it being "shitty"... I disagree, but anyway I don't see what it has to do with anything. 

Eh, that's a bit of a stretch. But overall, it's just a personal gripe than anything. Don't know why it went this far tbh. And in terms of bad games, I don't think they should be advertised. You think otherwise, let's just agree to disagree then. 



Woah, this looks so much better! Love that they have different for their different audiences.



Ljink96 said:
TheMisterManGuy said:

1-2 Switch is a game that's only really useful in a party setting. It's not the kind of game you can just bust out any time your with a friend, there has to be a crowd involved. It's something mainly makes sense in Japan, which is why the game still gets advertised there. Besides, 1-2 Switch isn't a pack-in because it doesn't actually explain what the Switch is on a broad conceptual level like Wii Sports did with the Wii. 

lol, pack ins don't have to explain a device. 

Usually, they do. Unless it's a specialized bundle. A standard pack-in title for a console should explain exactly what the product is, and why you should care. Tetris explained that you can take NES quality gaming with you on Game Boy. Sonic the Hedgehog explained that the Genesis was a faster, cooler, and more mature system than Nintendo. Wii Sports explained the Wii was simple, motion controlled fun that's good for people who never played games before. 

1-2 Switch doesn't actually explain what the Switch "is" on that kind of broad level, it only shows one aspect of the console. Hence, it's not a pack-in. The Switch is a home console you can take with you, thus if Nintendo wanted a standard pack-in for the system, they would've needed a game that demonstrates all the functionality and potential the console has in one game. Taking home console gaming with you, Sharing the Joy-Con, the Touchscreen, Local Wireless, HD Rumble, Motion, the IR Camera. 1-2 Switch only really shows 3 of those features. Again, it shows the party potential of the platform, but little else. 



Few toughts about that.

- Only 1 3rd party game was featured. With a marketing strategy like this 3rd parties' results on Switch can only keep being awful. In France, they push those way more.
- Single player was barely hinted at (Xeno2 where? Isn't it the big winter game), online gaming is a no show. It's like the traditional core gamer doesn't exist anymore for NoJ. Again this is going to attract people not likely to buy 3rd party games.



Around the Network
Shikamo said:
Ljink96 said:
I wish they'd stop advertising 1-2 Switch.

and fifa 18

1-2 Switch is party game and Fifa is popular sport game, so there is sense to advertise them.

 

 

ryuzaki57 said: 
Few toughts about that.

- Only 1 3rd party game was featured. With a marketing strategy like this 3rd parties' results on Switch can only keep being awful. In France, they push those way more.
- Single player was barely hinted at (Xeno2 where? Isn't it the big winter game), online gaming is a no show. It's like the traditional core gamer doesn't exist anymore for NoJ. Again this is going to attract people not likely to buy 3rd party games.

Actually they showed two 3rd party games, Minecraft and Fifa. Actually we have infos that 3rd party games are selling quite well on Switch.



LipeJJ said:
Ljink96 said:

It's a tech demo that costs 50 bucks but should have been a pack in. Not to mention it isn't that fun...or quality..or good. But hey, different strokes. I personally don't think it needs to be advertised. Even shitty games sell well.

Yes, should've been a pack in, but it's not. Plus, if it stops being advertised, it will probably stop selling well.

About it being "shitty"... I disagree, but anyway I don't see what it has to do with anything. 

 

by that token, wii sports wasn't a pack in title in japan so...