By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How many hours have you put into Gran Turismo Sport already?

CrazyGPU said:
I have played for 162 hs....
my wrists hurt....
this is my first GT
not perfect, but very very adictive...

glad to knpw

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I did 3 more races, decided to run 2 qualifier laps first (That's about it for my attention span during qualifying lol) Ofcourse the first race I got matched with someone 2.5 sec faster, I started in 3rd, got boosted to 2nd at the start and stayed ahead of 3rd for most of the race until he bumped me in the last lap. He didn't pass and apologized later so was all good. The leader meanwhile was over 10 sec ahead at the end, good matchmaking!

Second race I got pole. 2nd place was laggy and had a slow start giving me plenty room for the first corner. Then 2 and 3 started fighting for position so I got 2.5 sec ahead for the rest of the race, easy win.

Third I got matched with B drivers again, 2nd place start. 1st place was someone on my friend list so was all good. I gave him a bit more room at the start than I should have, fell behind 1 sec which pretty much stayed that way for the entire race. 3rd place never caught up. I beat his best lap time yet someone else drafted a better best lap time during the race.

So 2,1,2, went from 50% into DR.B to 60% into DR.C. Nice to see the new Victory screen yet I must say driving from behind is much more exciting! Anyway a couple more races and I'll be back in DR.B and starting in the middle of the pack again to inevitably get dropped out of SR.S and the cycle repeats.

SvennoJ said:
I did 3 more races, decided to run 2 qualifier laps first (That's about it for my attention span during qualifying lol) Ofcourse the first race I got matched with someone 2.5 sec faster, I started in 3rd, got boosted to 2nd at the start and stayed ahead of 3rd for most of the race until he bumped me in the last lap. He didn't pass and apologized later so was all good. The leader meanwhile was over 10 sec ahead at the end, good matchmaking!

Second race I got pole. 2nd place was laggy and had a slow start giving me plenty room for the first corner. Then 2 and 3 started fighting for position so I got 2.5 sec ahead for the rest of the race, easy win.

Third I got matched with B drivers again, 2nd place start. 1st place was someone on my friend list so was all good. I gave him a bit more room at the start than I should have, fell behind 1 sec which pretty much stayed that way for the entire race. 3rd place never caught up. I beat his best lap time yet someone else drafted a better best lap time during the race.

So 2,1,2, went from 50% into DR.B to 60% into DR.C. Nice to see the new Victory screen yet I must say driving from behind is much more exciting! Anyway a couple more races and I'll be back in DR.B and starting in the middle of the pack again to inevitably get dropped out of SR.S and the cycle repeats.

The balance is hard, but congrats for the race... I got a very satisfying 2nd place on the tournament today. Yesterday was a 5th.

Got some more poles and victories... around 7-7 at the moment.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:

The balance is hard, but congrats for the race... I got a very satisfying 2nd place on the tournament today. Yesterday was a 5th.

Great result on the tournament, good going.

Skyrim is pulling harder on me with the smooth rotation patch, no time for tournaments. However those 10 minute tournament qualifying sections are actually in my favor. Other people on the track to keep my attention and with a definite end :) A tournament could be long enough to go from last to first under the right circumstances, hmm tempting challenge! Just need to find out what's the best time to get a full field of DR.D drivers in a tournament. Of course one other shark in there pretending to be DR.D will block my challenge!

SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:

Great result on the tournament, good going.

Skyrim is pulling harder on me with the smooth rotation patch, no time for tournaments. However those 10 minute tournament qualifying sections are actually in my favor. Other people on the track to keep my attention and with a definite end :) A tournament could be long enough to go from last to first under the right circumstances, hmm tempting challenge! Just need to find out what's the best time to get a full field of DR.D drivers in a tournament. Of course one other shark in there pretending to be DR.D will block my challenge!

Well. You'll need the biggest pool. I would guess it would be either 6 or 7pm on your timezone.

Around the Network
CrazyGPU said:
I have played for 162 hs....
my wrists hurt....
this is my first GT
not perfect, but very very adictive...

If your wrist hurts (I'm assuming you're not exaggerating and playing with a controller)...have you tried using the motion steering with the DS4?! Works impressively well imho and is almost a wheel replacement if one doesn't have the money.

Sorry got to vent for a second.

Hit TMoney please if you see him. Am I mistaken that when someone is on your outside and you stick to the inside line, not leaving the curb, he hits you in the apex coming in too far, is that your fault? According to the game it is and he kept doing it over and over pushing me off track to pass. Then at the final straight he pushedf me over and over off road into the wall while I was passing him since I took the last corner much better. The game gave me a red SR rating and him a blue. This penalty system couldn't be more fucked up.

The race before someone re-entered the track suddenly at a 30 degree angle while I gave him plenty of room to ease back onto the track. Result I hit his door, 10 sec penalty, while I straightenend him out and gave him a nice boost back on track.

Apparently you can also get away with small pushes in the corner to push you out the other side. I was having a nice battle swapping places with someone cleanly until another showed up and forced me off-road while I was taking care not to hit the other. Then he kept messing with us for the rest of the race.

If only the driving model wasn't so addictive, this game would have gone back to the store by now.

I guess lateral pushing if done smoothly doesn't even register for some reason...

10 poles and 7 victories so far... I'm screwing a lot of races

DonFerrari said:
I guess lateral pushing if done smoothly doesn't even register for some reason...

A too strict system would ruin everything...it's a delicate thing to find the right balance. It's still racing and a bit of contact should be tolerated at all times. 

where is the gts launch week numbers?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...