By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hashimoto teases "big new" final fantasy titles for 2018

konnichiwa said:
I know I am probably one of the only ones but I would like a new World Of Final Fantasy.

It was already announced.And the platform is.... mobile.

Yeah...

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

More shitty mobile games and crummy console spin-offs. Prepare your anus. Noctis is this generations Lightning. Shovel him into everything! Yes, you can dress cloud from all black like Cloud to all black like Noctis! WOOFART!

konnichiwa said:
I know I am probably one of the only ones but I would like a new World Of Final Fantasy.

no, you are not alone would like a sequel for home console too

melbye said:
I think numbered Final Fantasy will finally return to Nintendo in some way next year

An epic 3D remake of FFIV, far better than the "chibi" style remake on DS, would be my dream, as FFIV is my favorite rpg of all time.

But I would accept a 3D/HD remake of FFVI as well.

In both cases, so long as they keep it true to the original games, and don't turn them into crappy "action rpgs" like FFXV, and don't make major alterations or needless additions. Just literally remake those great stories, in epic HD.

Nautilus said:
konnichiwa said:

It was already announced.And the platform is.... mobile.

Yeah...

Well meant a console version ofcourse =p.

Around the Network

Pls be excited

FInal Fantasy 15-2 Return of the Boyband

New Drakengard or Nier directed under Taro. I really want to see what kind of ideas he'll come up with for his next game after reading his rather... interesting interview :P

Ka-pi96 said:
Gonna assume an FF14 expansion.

Those come out every 2 years. There won't be one next year. At best they can announce the next one late next year, but from what i read development has just started.

It's FF7R, KH3 and fingers crossed for an FFXVI announcment. I hope it's good aswell. There hasnt been a decent SP FF in a very long time.

Last edited by Nem - on 27 November 2017

ZODIARKrebirth said:
shikamaru317 said:

FF7 Remake ep 1 release date announcement is a safe bet, though I don't think it'll release until Q1/Q2 2019 since we already know Kingdom Hearts 3 is 2018 (probably late 2018).

Ito has supposedly been working on something for a few years now (possibly FF16), could maybe see them announcing it next year with no date and no release until 2020, lol.

Maybe they'll announce the next remake/remaster as well. They've teased FF6 a few times now.

would be the best announce for me;)

Unless it's a crap remake like FF3 on DS was.

Just like FF7, I would have a serious high bar of expectations from any FF6 remake/remaster.  FF6 was already pretty much flawless in its day.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.