By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hashimoto teases "big new" final fantasy titles for 2018

Chrono Break and Half Life 3 confirmed. This is it guys!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Gonna assume an FF14 expansion.

Stormblood released in June, so 5.0 shouldn't be due until 2019. I guess it's not impossible though; they've mentioned in the past the possibility of more frequently releasing smaller expansions, so maybe 5.0 to do so.

shikamaru317 said:

FF7 Remake ep 1 release date announcement is a safe bet, though I don't think it'll release until Q1/Q2 2019 since we already know Kingdom Hearts 3 is 2018 (probably late 2018).

Ito has supposedly been working on something for a few years now (possibly FF16), could maybe see them announcing it next year with no date and no release until 2020, lol.

Maybe they'll announce the next remake/remaster as well. They've teased FF6 a few times now.

would be the best announce for me;)

Unless it's something that is coming in the near future, I don't want them to say anything about it.

Could be FF 7 remake or Project Octopath real name is FF and its a new spinoff!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
From least likely to most likely, in my opinion;

Final Fantasy VII Remake Part/Episode 1
Final Fantasy VI Remake for 3DS/Switch (Same style as Final Fantasy IV DS)
Final Fantasy XIV Expansion 3
Final Fantasy VIII coming to Steam and PSN

That would be really nice. I think all of them are plausible, though not necessarily happening. Though with Square's track record, unless we actually see gameplay or any type of footage for games and anything of a release date (or window) its hard to really be that excited until then.

I think finally getting FFVII Remake (or at least one of the episodes) out there would be great for the fans, even if we have seen so little of the gameplay. An FF game on a Nintendo console since the DS days would be great for the Switch. FF XIV expansion seems likely, though it feels weird since they just released a complete version of the game with all the current expansions not too long ago. As for VIII, it could eventually go the way of IX and be announced on the  same day of its release or something.

FFVII Remake is the only thing that will make sense.

-SNORE

1. SE is horrible at hyping anouncements. Watch this be something insanely pathetic.
2. If it is indeed something big, like say a FF16 or FF8 remake, don't expect either to release until 2025 or something stupid.

Final Fantasy VI Remaster on Switch or I am not interested...

Chrono trigger 2 confirmed