By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Beat Previous Black Friday Weeks Except 2013 (UK)

Zekkyou said:
X1Gates said:

According to who? Black friday is a american holiday and thus the american sales of consoles is what really matters when you look at this particular day. 

Black Friday has been quite heavily pushed in the UK over the last few years. Some retailers are still pretty sceptical (they feel it's just concentrating sales rather than creating a worthwhile number of new ones), but it does exist and it does result in a significant week on week rise of console sales.

You'd be right to say that the brunt of attention should be on the US, but the UK and the like have increased in BF relevance.

Oh I agree that Black Friday is a worldwide thing now but when "success" of black Friday was discussed on this forum and other like it, the US was the main topic just like when npds are discussed. Not taking away from the other countries which have now decided to jump on a US celebration. 

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
yup Black Friday is a thing even here in St Kitts....

I literally saw people lining outside a store to take advantage of some 75% off deals they had on that day.

Mind boggling.

Your from St Kitts,had no idea.Only a stones throw way.

GribbleGrunger said:
X1Gates said:

According to who? Black friday is a american holiday and thus the american sales of consoles is what really matters when you look at this particular day. 

According to reality and facts. Did you even look at the thread you are in?

Rhetorical questions!?

I love rhetorical questions!

REDZONE said:
Intrinsic said:
yup Black Friday is a thing even here in St Kitts....

I literally saw people lining outside a store to take advantage of some 75% off deals they had on that day.

Mind boggling.

live here. not from here. 

guess that's just semantics tho. 

Well, that will happen when it's also the cheapest it's ever been.

Around the Network
X1Gates said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I thought people would have jumped all over this. You have to remember that when assessing which console sold better on Black Friday that the UK (and I think Germany) are also now part of that assessment. 

Black Friday and Cyber Monday are not holidays.  They are a marketing push by retailers to sell stuff.  These things are world wide events.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Intrinsic said:
REDZONE said:

live here. not from here. 

guess that's just semantics tho. 

Oh ok.

NATO said:
I bought a snowboard in the black friday sales here in japan so...

Why would you buy a snowboard?  Snowboard HAZ NO GAEMZ!!  NOOB!!

@ OP

Nice.  So, PS4 is ~150K and out sold the XBO by a little over ~1.6:1.  And it looks like the X did little for the XBO, at least in the UK.

thismeintiel said:
NATO said:
I bought a snowboard in the black friday sales here in japan so...

Why would you buy a snowboard?  Snowboard HAZ NO GAEMZ!!  NOOB!!

@ OP

Nice.  So, PS4 is ~150K and out sold the XBO by a little over ~1.6:1.  And it looks like the X did little for the XBO, at least in the UK.

because the topic was straying into the real of "but black fridays only a US thing"

X1Gates said:
Zekkyou said:

Black Friday has been quite heavily pushed in the UK over the last few years. Some retailers are still pretty sceptical (they feel it's just concentrating sales rather than creating a worthwhile number of new ones), but it does exist and it does result in a significant week on week rise of console sales.

You'd be right to say that the brunt of attention should be on the US, but the UK and the like have increased in BF relevance.

Oh I agree that Black Friday is a worldwide thing now but when "success" of black Friday was discussed on this forum and other like it, the US was the main topic just like when npds are discussed. Not taking away from the other countries which have now decided to jump on a US celebration. 

But...  in the tittle says   "UK"

One might think the OP actually wanted to talk about...   the UK...