By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Beat Previous Black Friday Weeks Except 2013 (UK)

X1Gates said:
CartBlanche said:
I wonder when Microsoft will come out with their statement about Black Friday sales and how well or not it went. I'm guessing they will announce next week when Playstation Experience kicks off.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/11/29/microsoft-ceo-satya-nadella-quot-incredible-response-to-xbox-one-x-over-holidays-quot.aspx

I read that as sales weren't over Switch and PS4 so'll only say they were incredible

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DialgaMarine said:
Kerotan said:

We could be looking at 100m by end of FY2018. Incredible.

It’s possible. According to Sony, the PS2 took 5 years 9 months to reach 100 million sold, which is still to this day the fastest of any home console. That would be around July 2019 in PS4’s LT. I think it’s actually going to happen; 100 million sold faster than PS2. 

Yep I agree with you. We're going to have a he'll of a party.

Kerotan said:
DialgaMarine said:

It’s possible. According to Sony, the PS2 took 5 years 9 months to reach 100 million sold, which is still to this day the fastest of any home console. That would be around July 2019 in PS4’s LT. I think it’s actually going to happen; 100 million sold faster than PS2. 

2018 will be the incredible / the best year of video game history thanks to PlayStation 4. More sales records then again. And maybe the best JRPG-Year of all time: Ni No Kuni 2, Dragon Quest 11, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy, Digimon Story 2, Yakuza 6 and many more.

This December is a good month for a PS4 purchase, two friends of mine now have one ps4 (their first console). Black Friday: Are sales figures from Spain, Germany or France known?

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 05 December 2017

KazumaKiryu said:
Kerotan said:

2018 will be the incredible / the best year of video game history thanks to PlayStation 4. More sales records then again. And maybe the best JRPG-Year of all time: Ni No Kuni 2, Dragon Quest 11, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy, Digimon Story 2, Yakuza 6 and many more.

This December is a good month for a PS4 purchase, two friends of mine now have one ps4 (their first console). Black Friday: Are sales figures from Spain, Germany or France known?

100k for Spain, I think, the others I'm not sure

Last edited by Ariakon - on 05 December 2017