By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top Selling Black Friday Deals - GameStop

Normchacho said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Are you sure? Because I'm looking at two Switch consoles on Amazon right now (regular and neon) and both are sold out.

Not everywhere has the Switch in stock, that's certainly true. Amazon and Wal-Mart both seem to be sold out while Target, and Best Buy have it in stock and Gamestop has the Gray system online but not the Neon.

It's more difficult to find the $199 PS4 though, as none of the mentioned retailers have it.

The concept here is both base systems are available. You can't compare a special Black Friday deal to a base console. That's oranges to apples. 

Around the Network
quickrick said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Right... which is what I said. Both are sold out in some configurations and both are available in some configurations. 

you dont seem to understand black friday is over so switch was available at most retailers, stock wasn't a issue at all. ps4 199$ sold out every where right way, way before black friday. if 199$  ps4 was available at best buy only i wouldn't call stock an issue, because people can still buy, but you cant buy it anywhere.

Wait... are you only talking black Friday deals and ignoring base PS4 consoles? Because Nintendo didn't even do one. They're only selling their base machine at full retail price.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Normchacho said:

Not everywhere has the Switch in stock, that's certainly true. Amazon and Wal-Mart both seem to be sold out while Target, and Best Buy have it in stock and Gamestop has the Gray system online but not the Neon.

It's more difficult to find the $199 PS4 though, as none of the mentioned retailers have it.

The concept here is both base systems are available. You can't compare a special Black Friday deal to a base console. That's oranges to apples. 

the problem is the black friday deal was sold out before black friday began. it doesn't  matter, just saying switch has no stock issues for november npd.

quickrick said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

the problem is the black friday deal was sold out before black friday began. it doesn't  matter, just saying switch has no stock issues for november npd.

How do you know the Switch hasn't had stock issues?

AlfredoTurkey said:
quickrick said:

black friday is done and they are still available. yes there are minor stock issues, but it had 0 effect on sales this November. 

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
quickrick said:

Because they're still in stock? 

Mar1217 said:
quickrick said:

black friday is done and they are still available. yes there are minor stock issues, but it had 0 effect on sales this November. 

And how can you know certainly ? I mean, I don't think you'd actually know all numbers of Switch available in each store in the US.

IDK if i should even bother replying. stock problems effect sales when a person that wants one can't find one, anybody that wants one can buy one.

quickrick said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

3 more days for "Black Friday sale" as it continues to include Cyber Monday, so I wouldn't call it done yet...

I suspect there are many warehouses or stores that reserved some consoles or deliveries for Monday, so there will probably be a lot more $199 PS4s sold before it's over.  That said, there will probably more switch and xbox one s sales over the next few days compared to the ps4 if for no other reason than supply reasons...

jlauro said:
quickrick said:

3 more days for "Black Friday sale" as it continues to include Cyber Monday, so I wouldn't call it done yet...

I suspect there are many warehouses or stores that reserved some consoles or deliveries for Monday, so there will probably be a lot more $199 PS4s sold before it's over.  That said, there will probably more switch and xbox one s sales over the next few days compared to the ps4 if for no other reason than supply reasons...

npd November counts till the 25.

jlauro said:
quickrick said:

Except cyber Monday will be part of the December npd. Sunday is the last day for November sales tracking.