By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday: 1 Tb BF PlayStation 4 sells out before Friday at every retailer?!

Why did the ps4 sell out before Black Friday?

Underestimated demand, me... 15 24.59%

Wild card, 199 price caus... 46 75.41%

Total:61
Kerotan said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Why should that stop you? Hurry up and join the 2 PS4s master race

I'm part of this group

I should be today as well if I can get the Pro. Already have 3 PS3's  and 3 Vita's. Getting it is gonna be difficult though as I cant get to the Best Buy until well after opening. If I miss the sale, still getting one at regular price next week out of spite.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Why should that stop you? Hurry up and join the 2 PS4s master race

I'm also part of it, but with a Father PS4 and teenager PS4Pro

I will buy a PS4 PRO when its 200-300, so I can have my normal PS4 as a back-up unit. Hopefully these consoles are durable enough, so I can use them for the next 80 years. Do you think they can last that long?  

"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

Errorist76 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Thats not true, PS4 1TB is also in stock and Uncharted 4 Bundle is in stock, so basicly you have 3 bundles in stock and only one sold out. And point same in any case, PS4 is not sold out, that BF SKU was just PS4 1TB model with just lower price tag, you have same that PS4 model on Amazon but for higher price point availible.

This thread is about the 199,- deal PS4s, not PS4 in general. Thread title is a bit misleading though.

Actually if you look through comments of this thread you will see that most people think that console is completely sold out in any case, even what OP wrote sounds like that "Also for the first time since it’s first year...... the console is now completely sold out in every major retailer across the country". 

While reality is that just $199 BF price isn't any more available currently, that's quite different from PS4 is completely sold out everywhere.

In any case, $199 for 1TB is great price any case and I am sure PS4 sold great with that price.

Miyamotoo said:
Lawlight said:

The BF SKU is sold out but if you look at that list only the Battlefront 2 bundle is in stock.

Thats not true, PS4 1TB is also in stock and Uncharted 4 Bundle is in stock, so basicly you have 3 bundles in stock and only one sold out. And point same in any case, PS4 is not sold out, that BF SKU was just PS4 1TB model with just lower price tag, you have same that PS4 model on Amazon but for higher price point availible.

The PS4 1TB was out of stock and only available on the 26th when I checked. I guess it got re-stocked. The Uncharted 4 Bundle is discontinued and being sold at higher than RRP by a third party.

Edit: 2 seconds later and the 1TB PS4 is out of stock. It said available on the 28th of Nov.

I said this would probably happen in the 'who will win november' npd prediction thread, as a response as to why the ps4 was likely to beat the Switch in November.

199$ opens up a new price segment and gets into attainable territory for lower income households.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Miyamotoo said:

The PS4 1TB was out of stock and only available on the 26th when I checked. I guess it got re-stocked. The Uncharted 4 Bundle is discontinued and being sold at higher than RRP by a third party.

It doesn't really matter, fact is that you have 3 bundles available currently and only one out of stock, so fact is that PS4 is not sold everywhere, just that $199 price point is not currently available any more.

Miyamotoo said:
Lawlight said:

It doesn't really matter, fact is that you have 3 bundles available currently and only one out of stock, so fact is that PS4 is not sold everywhere, just that $199 price point is not currently available any more.

True, it's only sold out at the new lower price.  Few things are ever sold out if you are willing to pay scalpers over MSRP on ebay, etc...  and the bundles are now ~$100/33% over priced compared to the $199 console and are not worth considering as in-stock.  Why pay $100 more for a system with half the size hard drive and a game you don't want?

konnichiwa said:

In europe the Ps4 has been under 200€ on some occassions (like the switch launch 180€).  If I was comfortable with it I would have filmed the gamesdepartement in Mediamarkt this morning.  PS4 and Xbox ones were flyiing of the shevels (The last one went down to 175 €).   Also saw a shop with PSVR out of stock sign (199€).  

Love black friday =p; (atleast in Europe)

Good to see PSVR also getting the lovely sold out... we need more partners to increase the game output.

WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
DonFerrari said:

I'm also part of it, but with a Father PS4 and teenager PS4Pro

I will buy a PS4 PRO when its 200-300, so I can have my normal PS4 as a back-up unit. Hopefully these consoles are durable enough, so I can use them for the next 80 years. Do you think they can last that long?  

Don't think it will be working very good after 15 years even with the disc only verificating

SuperNova said:
I said this would probably happen in the 'who will win november' npd prediction thread, as a response as to why the ps4 was likely to beat the Switch in November.

199$ opens up a new price segment and gets into attainable territory for lower income households.

Very much physiological barrier, because 50 isn't that much difference, but when validating the expenditure it matters.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

jlauro said:
Miyamotoo said:

True, it's only sold out at the new lower price.  Few things are ever sold out if you are willing to pay scalpers over MSRP on ebay, etc...  and the bundles are now ~$100/33% over priced compared to the $199 console and are not worth considering as in-stock.  Why pay $100 more for a system with half the size hard drive and a game you don't want?

To prove it isn't sold out... haven't you seem him in every Switch sold out thread proving ebay had it available?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Could PS4 price drop as low as 150 or 100 during its last years? Then it could maybe reach PS2 numbers if the support is good.

"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game