By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Post a pic of your Thanksgiving feast

What is your favorite dish at Thanksgiving?

Turkey - meat everything else is a side dish 4 26.67%

Stuffing 3 20.00%

Mashed potatoes with gravy 1 6.67%

Sweet potatoes 0 0%

Green beans 1 6.67%

Bread rolls 0 0%

Pumpkin pie - I'm a sweet tooth 2 13.33%

Something else 0 0%

I hate Thanksgiving therefore I eat pizza 4 26.67%

Total:15
V-r0cK said:

A lot of Swiss people would comment about this product "typical American". 

At least its not a heavy food and you can eat until you get sick.

Around the Network
pokoko said:

I suggested a few years ago that our family skip Thanksgiving and just save the getting together junk for Christmas.  It passed with a majority vote.

And how does that pizza look like when you take it out of the oven? Does it taste great?

NATO said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Oh. That doesn't sound as exciting as I had thought it would be.

On the upside I can go for days without using the toilet, almost managed two weeks at one point 

What? Wouldn't you still have to piss?

I've never made a thanksgiving dinner. I suppose in the UK it's not so much of a thing. But I am preparing a huge Xmas feast though. Don't like turkey so I'm going with a leg of lamb instead and a bunch of stuffed chickens :p

XD84 said:
pokoko said: 

I suggested a few years ago that our family skip Thanksgiving and just save the getting together junk for Christmas.  It passed with a majority vote.

And how does that pizza look like when you take it out of the oven? Does it taste great?

It tastes okay.  Pizza is a simple thing.

I'm not a fan of big meals, anyway, especially with a large group of people.  I don't see the appeal.  I'm trying to push through finger foods for Christmas.

Around the Network

I came back from a relative's house and grabbed a plate. I definitely can't show you what it's gonna look like in a few hours.

BasilZero said:

Me, my wife and my parents went to Pappas BBQ to have their thanksgiving meal deal.

After that, had some delicious Pumpkin Pie (my fav during this time :D)

Thank you for the pictures. Do a lot of people in the States go out to eat their Thanksgiving dinner instead of cooking at home?

Another thing a lot of places and companies also host their own free Thanksgiving meal like Gallery Furniture at my city is hosting a thanksgiving meal giveaway today.

https://www.galleryfurniture.com/gf-thanksgiving-feast-2017

I probably will go to that event next year maybe.

You can eat in the US a Thanksgiving dinner for free? That is crazy!

Ka-pi96 said:

What's that taste like? Pumpkins look so gross to me that it's hard to imagine eating them

Pumpkins are delicious!

Ka-pi96 said:
Fei-Hung said:
I've never made a thanksgiving dinner. I suppose in the UK it's not so much of a thing. But I am preparing a huge Xmas feast though. Don't like turkey so I'm going with a leg of lamb instead and a bunch of stuffed chickens :p

Bit of an understatement. It's completely non-existent

Xmas dinner is our big meal! Lamb and stuffed chickens sounds good, what about veg though? I usually go for a nice rare steak, stuffing, roast potatoes, carrots, peas, yorkshires and pigs in blankets. Great meal!

There should be plenty of veg. Spicy sweetcorn, caramelised onions, grilled tomatoes, spicy rice (is that considered to be veg lol) and olives.

The stuffing I make is mash potatoes with shredded carrots, chopped mixed peppers and green chillies. It's got lots of veg in it. Can't wait :)