By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 7 October 2017

I wish they updated the numbers a little sooner. But I understand it takes time to collect all the numbers.

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Well I already did so...

Plus I was trying to be humorous, that because I'm a Nintendo fan I can't say something good about Sony without also saying something good about Nintendo

It's okay, I know what you were trying to do.

NintendoPie said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Well I already did so...

Plus I was trying to be humorous, that because I'm a Nintendo fan I can't say something good about Sony without also saying something good about Nintendo

It's okay, I know what you were trying to do.

Then what were you trying to do?

RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

sure what ever you say. For me N64, gc and even wiiu to a much lesser extent are better home consoles then switch. for a person that doesn't care about handheld gaming what does switch offer. a console thats much 4x-5x weaker then consoles released nearly 4 years ago. for a handheld device it's great though

how many kids do you see carrying a ipad or gaming on a phone it's very common. parents used to have buy handhelds to keep kids occupied while going out or going on trips, now they just take there ipad or game on there mobile phone , there is way more entertainment on the go, then there ever was when 3ds launched.   the fact i have to explain this to you is laughable.

Switch is the console with the best exclusive games, so it has plenty to offer. It's quite common for people who dislike Nintendo to prefer their failures, because those consoles lagged behind the company they really like in sales.

You don't get why your repeated claims that mobile gaming is a threat to Nintendo are moot. Switch is winning Japan with ease; it's irrefutable that a home console like the PS4 is the device in trouble while Switch is on track to comfortably reach the 20m mark which is about the usual number for successful consoles in Japan. Switch has won six of eight NPD months it has been available in; Switch is the #1 console in Canada this year. And this is just the start. Switch sales will increase in 2018, so things will improve in Europe too.

No console that has been successful right out of the gate has seen lower sales in year 2. You are betting against video game history, all because of your feelings.

Some people would say FIFA is better than any Switch exclusives.

NintendoPie said:
quickrick said:

i always had switch at 50-60 million ltd.

At least you're crystal clear about your ignorance here. You have the chance to change your prediction, and your mind, you're free to do it and join the rest of us in the current reality.

What is your Switch prediction?

Around the Network
Lawlight said:

What is your Switch prediction?

North of the Wii, south of the DS. This, though, barring a bad 2018 line-up, which I don't believe will be the case.

A week of lower overall HW and SW WW sales, after previous week's boost. PS4 top seller by an even larger margin due to NS bigger drop. NS still pwning everything else than PS4, anyway, and still top seller in USA and Japan, beating PS4 too there.
3DS still selling decently.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

So where's the thread of the "Best Selling games 2017 edition" updated?

Oh yeah I remember, the #1 no longer Belongs to a Nintendo game....