By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 7 October 2017

RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

its simple. i gave my explanations. nintendo handhelds dominated the market, but now mobile is changing that and willl continue to effect handhelds, nintendo consoles, are a very small market, i don't buy that wiiu was a shit console, its just there was no market for it. switch will be a very front loaded console. nintendo games are not enough to push it over 70 million with the mobile market where it is now. 

It doesn't add up. If smart devices were a threat, then Nintendo putting games on them should decrease sales of Nintendo handhelds. But we've seen the opposite happen. 3DS sales went up after Pokémon Go and it had a sustained positive effect.

You dislike Nintendo so much that you are willing to defend the Wii U in order to have a better argument. For shame. "It wasn't a bad console, it's just that there was no market for it." - That's quite the contradiction. Any good console will build a market for itself.

sure what ever you say. For me N64, gc and even wiiu to a much lesser extent are better home consoles then switch. for a person that doesn't care about handheld gaming what does switch offer. a console thats much 4x-5x weaker then consoles released nearly 4 years ago. for a handheld device it's great though

how many kids do you see carrying a ipad or gaming on a phone it's very common. parents used to have buy handhelds to keep kids occupied while going out or going on trips, now they just take there ipad or game on there mobile phone , there is way more entertainment on the go, then there ever was when 3ds launched.   the fact i have to explain this to you is laughable.

Around the Network

quickrick said:

sure what ever you say. For me N64, gc and even wiiu to a much lesser extent are better home consoles then switch. for a person that doesn't care about handheld gaming what does switch offer. a console thats much 4x-5x weaker then consoles released nearly 4 years ago. for a handheld device it's great though

how many kids do you see carrying a ipad or gaming on a phone it's very common. parents used to have buy handhelds to keep kids occupied while going out or going on trips, now they just take there ipad or game on there mobile phone , there is way more entertainment on the go, then there ever was when 3ds launched.   the fact i have to explain this to you is laughable.

Your arguments are dated. People said the same things when the 3DS released to discount it, yet it ended up doing quite well for itself. All your posts have told us is that you have an odd grudge against the Switch. I'm not sure what it did to you, but it must've been personal.

quickrick said:
RolStoppable said:

It doesn't add up. If smart devices were a threat, then Nintendo putting games on them should decrease sales of Nintendo handhelds. But we've seen the opposite happen. 3DS sales went up after Pokémon Go and it had a sustained positive effect.

You dislike Nintendo so much that you are willing to defend the Wii U in order to have a better argument. For shame. "It wasn't a bad console, it's just that there was no market for it." - That's quite the contradiction. Any good console will build a market for itself.

So, it's a Wii U? 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
quickrick said:

So, it's a Wii U? 

wiiu came out 5 years ago, if switch  was wiiu 2 it should near ps4 power now if it was a home console only.

NintendoPie said:

quickrick said:

Your arguments are dated. People said the same things when the 3DS released to discount it, yet it ended up doing quite well for itself. All your posts have told us is that you have an odd grudge against the Switch. I'm not sure what it did to you, but it must've been personal.

obviously mobile effected 3ds in a big way, its best 2 years were the first that should tell you something, and thats only when mobile gaming started to take off, and higher end phones started to become available at cheaper price. 

Around the Network
quickrick said:

So, it's a Wii U? 

wiiu came out 5 years ago, if switch  was wiiu 2 it should near ps4 power now if it was a home console only.

I understand there are differences, but I was being hyperbolic in the comparison to suggest a point. That point being, your comment doesn't make sense. The Wii U was a console who's power advantage literally lasted a year, and a console who's hardware was compromised due to a tablet controller. The Wii U might have released much earlier than Switch, but if anything, it is the under-powered console. The Switch is more powerful than the Wii U and it's a handheld. Even if you want to say that Nintendo should be caught up to the PS4 by now, you're only exacerbating the flaw in your comparison. Because in reality if you dislike the Switch due to it's hardware limitations, you should have never even liked the Wii U to begin with, since it was outdated in literally a year.

Your opinion isn't necessarily wrong. Fact is, a lot of people will only use the Switch as a home console and in that respect they might be disappointed by the small amount of advantages it has over the Wii U. It's an interesting perspective and one that I welcome, especially since I mostly use Switch as a home  console. Still, your comment had holes.

In general though I don't like it when people who have a trend of continuously downplaying one company start making claims about how they liked x and y console. It doesn't make sense for an argument especially when any normal person can connect the dots. Your contribution to this site has been to just downplay anything Nintendo, you even went as far as to say such ridiculous things as "Nintendo fans do most of their shopping on amazon" because you didn't like that the Switch was doing good on amazon, as if you just woke up one morning and on the spot made a ridiculous conclusion. I don't mind different perspectives, but at least be honest. 

quickrick said:

I understand there are differences, but I was being hyperbolic in the comparison to suggest a point. That point being, your comment doesn't make sense. The Wii U was a console who's power advantage literally lasted a year, and a console who's hardware was compromised due to a tablet controller. The Wii U might have released much earlier than Switch, but if anything, it is the under-powered console. The Switch is more powerful than the Wii U and it's a handheld. Even if you want to say that Nintendo should be caught up to the PS4 by now, you're only exacerbating the flaw in your comparison. Because in reality if you dislike the Switch due to it's hardware limitations, you should have never even liked the Wii U to begin with, since it was outdated in literally a year.

Your opinion isn't necessarily wrong. Fact is, a lot of people will only use the Switch as a home console and in that respect they might be disappointed by the small amount of advantages it has over the Wii U. It's an interesting perspective and one that I welcome, especially since I mostly use Switch as a home  console. Still, your comment had holes.

In general though I don't like it when people who have a trend of continuously downplaying one company start making claims about how they liked x and y console. It doesn't make sense for an argument especially when any normal person can connect the dots. Your contribution to this site has been to just downplay anything Nintendo, you even went as far as to say such ridiculous things as "Nintendo fans do most of their shopping on amazon" because you didn't like that the Switch was doing good on amazon, as if you just woke up one morning and on the spot made a ridiculous conclusion. I don't mind different perspectives, but at least be honest. 

few people keep saying that i'm downplaying them, i'm not. i never said switch has no games, or the games are not great. i'm just making my predictions for sales, this holiday, and if does well and in jan, feb, and march in NPD, then i'll start believing switch will be able to outsell 3ds.

quickrick said:
NintendoPie said:

obviously mobile effected 3ds in a big way, its best 2 years were the first that should tell you something, and thats only when mobile gaming started to take off, and higher end phones started to become available at cheaper price. 

The Peak year was 2013, the third year.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
quickrick said:

The Peak year was 2013, the third year.

no it wasn't. first year, was its best, second year was very close.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS_sales

quickrick said:

few people keep saying that i'm downplaying them, i'm not. i never said switch has no games, or the games are not great. i'm just making my predictions for sales, this holiday, and if does well and in jan, feb, and march in NPD, then i'll start believing switch will be able to outsell 3ds.

I mean, i'm not really saying you're like, a hater or something. It crossed my mind since a lot of people who don't like a company downplay their success, but I didn't assume it or imply it. I'm critical of  the Switch's software and I don't downplay it's success. But you do seem to do it, on every thread. Your conclusions are usually a stretch to say the least. And when people correct you on your assumptions, you just continue them, no matter how much information contradicts it. People who don't downplay a company usually do not go to these lengths. But, whatever. I guess I can see why there is reason to be questioning the Switch's long-term success. Then again, next year is not long term but ... whatever. Fair enough?