By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 7 October 2017

quickrick said:

something like that, but switch has way more must have games to make it way more front loaded, i think most nintedo fans will buy one the first year with such mind blowing line up from nintedno, 249$ wont increase sales that much.

"Nintendo fans" - Such a superfluous term in the discussion you're having. Can you quantify the amount of Nintendo fans there are? Does it even matter? The Switch is not selling to just Nintendo fans anyway, if it were it wouldn't outsell the Wii U in only its first year.

Edit: Welp, looks like Rol and I were thinking the same thing.

Last edited by NintendoPie - on 22 November 2017

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Japan, dafuq?

Does anyone know how an average Nintendo handheld(like a GBA) sells in Europe in comparison to an average PS console?

What aspect of Japan is ‘dafuq’ haha

NintendoPie said:
quickrick said:

something like that, but switch has way more must have games to make it way more front loaded, i think most nintedo fans will buy one the first year with such mind blowing line up from nintedno, 249$ wont increase sales that much.

"Nintendo fans" - Such a superfluous term in the discussion you're having. Can you quantify the amount of Nintendo fans there are? Does it even matter? The Switch is not selling to just Nintendo fans anyway, if it were it wouldn't outsell the Wii U in only its first year.

Edit: Welp, looks like Rol and I were thinking the same thing.

just look at the best games selling, not even one thirdparty game has sold a million, while nintendo games are selling 3-4 million a piece.

RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

Early releases of must-have games lead to higher early sales followed by a higher peak.

Once again you engage in an assumption that Wii U represents the amount of Nintendo fans. That's so wrong.

not just wiiu, i look at a trend . nintendo consoles have been in a down trend except for the motion control era, and i predicted wiiu would bomb before it came out.

LimaBean01 said:
Japan, dafuq?

Does anyone know how an average Nintendo handheld(like a GBA) sells in Europe in comparison to an average PS console?

What aspect of Japan is ‘dafuq’ haha

37k for Switch is low but I expect it's the usual stock issue

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

not just wiiu, i look at a trend . nintendo consoles have been in a down trend except for the motion control era, and i predicted wiiu would bomb before it came out.

You predicted Wii U would bomb? Do you consider that a difficult prediction for someone who dislikes Nintendo?

More importantly though, Switch's hybrid nature necessitates that Nintendo's entire console history is taken into account, so you can't get around Nintendo's handhelds. What's the trend for Nintendo handhelds?

i dont hate nintedo just bought a wiiu, lol. 

nintedo handhelds, and handhelds in general the trend is way down. maybe i would be way more confident if vita sold 30-40 million and 3ds sold 80 million` but look at the drop its massive

RolStoppable said:

37k for Switch is low but I expect it's the usual stock issue

VGC basically takes the average of the numbers released by Media Create and Famitsu, so VGC numbers for Japan are known in advance. Lack of more Switch supply was discussed in the Media Create thread for the week ending October 7th, but that was already over one month ago, so it's easy to forget.

Ah, thanks Rol. Forgot about that one.

RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

i dont hate nintedo just bought a wiiu, lol. 

nintedo handhelds, and handhelds in general the trend is way down. maybe i would be way more confident if vita sold 30-40 million and 3ds sold 80 million` but look at the drop its massive

Console ownership or lack thereof doesn't determine whether you like or dislike a console manufacturer.

Does one data point make a trend?

no it doesn't but well see what happens. Do we have to keep explaining each other predictions, it's just my prediction, and feelings on the market, nothing personal. 

RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

no it doesn't but well see what happens. Do we have to keep explaining each other predictions, it's just my prediction, and feelings on the market, nothing personal. 

Explanations are what make predictions predictions, otherwise they are just guesses. But you put it well when you said "feelings on the market", because that's the impression I was getting from your posts in this and in another thread.

its simple. i gave my explanations. nintendo handhelds dominated the market, but now mobile is changing that and willl continue to effect handhelds, nintendo home consoles, are a very small market, i don't buy that wiiu was a shit console, its just there was no market for it. switch will be a very front loaded console. nintendo games are not enough to push it over 70 million with the mobile market where it is now. in the end predictions are a mix of explanation and feelings on the market and where it's heading.

Last edited by quickrick - on 23 November 2017

europe loves the ps4;)