By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 46): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - November 13 - November 19, 2017

peachbuggy said:
Jranation said:

I expect more to come in the next few weeks! 

Not sure if the Japanese celebrate Christmas, with them being a buddhist country. However, if Nintendo could supply more, i'm sure it could easily sell 100k+.

They do, but it's not a religious holiday, and it has only been a couple decades since they began celebrating it!

''In Japan, Christmas is known as more of a time to spread happiness rather than a religious celebration. Christmas Eve is often celebrated more than Christmas Day. Christmas eve is thought of as a romantic day, in which couples spend together and exchange presents. In many ways it resembles Valentine's Day celebrations in the UK and the USA.''

I say religious over here, but it's becoming more a commercial holiday. I like the Japanese's approach, more traditional and humane!

Around the Network

Edit: Made a chart

Console This Week Last Week
Switch  86999 79958
New 2DS LL  29013 10323
PS4  18126 20021
New 3DS LL  11074 7296
PS4 Pro  8176 6037
2DS  3113 1484
Vita  309 321
New 3DS  280 266
Xbox One X  143 1,344
Xbox One  104 121
PS3  46 41
Wii U  43 36

I like this. Maybe we could put it up in the OP?

RJ_Sizzle said:
peachbuggy said:

Not sure if the Japanese celebrate Christmas, with them being a buddhist country. However, if Nintendo could supply more, i'm sure it could easily sell 100k+.

They're mostly secular, and yes they do have Christmas. 

On another note, it looks like the Switch just became the official game platform of Japan or something 

Naturally. It's portable and is the home of Pokémon, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart and Super Mario.

That's pretty unbeatable in Japan.

Mar1217 said:
tbone51 said:

Pls stop, you only comment on nintendo whenever there is something negative. This game is up from every1 expectations (even YSO that was 950k) and to top it off you dont even realize this game is the 2nd best OP of a pokemon third version (1st if bw2 is counted as a weird "direct game")

Just stick to sony cheering smh

Edit: you kno you said something bad when every1 is quoting you. Lets not start the fanwars again. Youve been good lately. Chill out

C'mon guys, even if the post from Kerotan was kind of unecessary and doesn't hold much truth (it's down but not incredibly, and we still need to see it's legs), it doesn't mean we should clench on his throat.

We're better than that :)

I wish i could xD

RJ_Sizzle said:
peachbuggy said:

On another note, it looks like the Switch just became the official game platform of Japan or something 

Oh in that case definite Switch boost then! Where did you get the other info from though? Sounds interesting.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
GuyDuke said:
peachbuggy said:

They do, but it's not a religious holiday, and it has only been a couple decades since they began celebrating it!

''In Japan, Christmas is known as more of a time to spread happiness rather than a religious celebration. Christmas Eve is often celebrated more than Christmas Day. Christmas eve is thought of as a romantic day, in which couples spend together and exchange presents. In many ways it resembles Valentine's Day celebrations in the UK and the USA.''

I say religious over here, but it's becoming more a commercial holiday. I like the Japanese's approach, more traditional and humane!

Well, commercial means products bought and presents given, so yes there should be a decent Switch boost then!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Indeed. Very true! Pokemon and/or Animal crossing will probably be out next year too. Whichever isn't, should be the year after!

peachbuggy said:
GuyDuke said:

Well, commercial means products bought and presents given, so yes there should be a decent Switch boost then!

Yes, if you go this thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226216&page=1

You can see 3DS entering its holiday boost right now.

peachbuggy said:
RJ_Sizzle said:

Oh in that case definite Switch boost then! Where did you get the other info from though? Sounds interesting.

Just from looking up data about religion in Japan. Like 32 percent identify as Buddhist, 11 percent Shinto then a small percentage of "other". They treat Christmas as a completely secular consumer holiday regardless 

Those Switch sales are fa-bu-lous♪

I hope Nintendo are preparing for the holiday season so we get to see something truly epic!