By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November NPD Hardware Battle Royale! X1 vs NSW vs PS4 [Who Gets 1st/2nd/3rd]

NSW>PS4>X1

The Multiplier (relative to sales average from the other 10 months of each year) for November and December hardware sales are highest for Nintendo. (Microsoft's and Sony's holiday sales spike tend to not outweight of what they sell the rest of the year, as much as, Nintendo)

Nintendo knows this, and I think they stockpiled enough to make 1st in NPDs just like the its has most of this year.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
SuperNova said:
I'm thinking PS4>NS>X1.

While Nintendo WILL have ample stock (otherwise they have no way of hitting their sales target for the fiscal year), and mario Odyssey will continue to push sales as well as it's 'hot new Item' perception, the fact theat they don't have any deals will let the ps4 pull ahead imho.

I am curious why a device that will sell out at the current price needs a price cut to "sell more".

If you read my sentence you will notice that I actually said none of those things. I said, BF deals vs. no deals will give Ps4 the edge. It's simply a question of the Ps4 slim being the cheapest console on the market right now (not to mention the Ps4 being an insanely popular console in general) and people will bite.

The Ps4 at it's current point in life and with it's current pricepoint reaches a diffrent demografic than the Switch imho. The Ps4 is reaching far into the casual and lower income markets and the Switch is just too new and a little too pricey to do that just yet. Nintendo has the 2DS for that.

I'm under the impression that it is not immediately selling out across the board in the US anymore, but that stock has a rather short shelf life. I apologize if my info is wrong on that count. I also expect them to ship significantly more this month than they have in any preceeding month, so they might actually be able to meet demand. Or not. We'll see about that.

I don't think Ninty needs a pricecut on the Switch and neither did I expect one. The Switch is doing phenomenal, but to expect it to outsell the Ps4 in what probably amounts to it's peak year, in one of it's best sales periods just as it hits 199$ is a setting expectations a bit high imo. I'll be extatic if it does end up winning November, but I don't think it realistically will.

shikamaru317 said:

XB1>PS4>Switch

The X launch and $190 XB1 on Black Friday will propel it to #1. $200 Black Friday PS4 will propel Sony to a really close #2. Switch won't have enough stock for the Black Friday weekend to compete I bet (I know my Walmart had just 1 left earlier today when I checked, while Sony and MS has at least 5 PS4/XB1 each and 3 Pro/X each in the display case alone, possibly more in the warehouse at the back of the store).

lol i checked my walmart around my area every single one has over 20 units. 

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/

sku 55449981

sku 55449983

This one will be extremely close and it could go either way.  But in the end I think the X1X will give Ms the edge, and the lack of Switch deals are going to severely hinder its chances.

So...

X1>PS4>NSW

This is not a month I would put money on my predictions. My initial gut feeling is Switch, but all logic says that the PS4 will take this month. Hell, I'm going with my gut.

Switch > PS4 > XB1

Around the Network
quickrick said:
shikamaru317 said:

XB1>PS4>Switch

The X launch and $190 XB1 on Black Friday will propel it to #1. $200 Black Friday PS4 will propel Sony to a really close #2. Switch won't have enough stock for the Black Friday weekend to compete I bet (I know my Walmart had just 1 left earlier today when I checked, while Sony and MS has at least 5 PS4/XB1 each and 3 Pro/X each in the display case alone, possibly more in the warehouse at the back of the store).

sku 55449981

sku 55449983

Anecdotal evidence doesnt really mean anything.

Your local stores may have plenty of stock but my local wal mart was sold out when i went yesterday and my local target had 2 in stock today.

Wih a country the size of the US, youre going to have areas that do much better than others.

Edit: just checked out the site you linked, its telling me my walmart has 35 in stock between the 2 skus yet i was just there and its sold out. So either the site is wrong or its counting stock thats sitting in the back waiting for Black Friday.

Last edited by zorg1000 - on 21 November 2017

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

sku 55449981

sku 55449983

Your local stores may have plenty of stock but my local wal mart was sold out when i went yesterday and my local target had 2 in stock today.

Wih a country the size of the US, youre going to have areas that do much better than others.

i searched 10 zip codes, every where had plenty of stock.

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

When are you going to buy a switch? We need to get you one with a copy of the GOAT

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

I just edited my post.

I searched my zip code and it says my store has 35 units in stock but when i was just there it was sold out.

These stores must have gotten their Black Friday shipments that arent up for sale yet and this site has those units on file or something. Thats the only way i can make sense out of it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

I just edited my post.

I searched my zip code and it says my store has 35 units in stock but when i was just there it was sold out.

These stores must have gotten their Black Friday shipments that arent up for sale yet and this site has those units on file or something. Thats the only way i can make sense out of it.

site is pretty accurate. i just searched 20 zip codes all had plenty in stock, in comparison to the first 3-4 of months switch there was nothing.