Forums - General Discussion - New SFV: Arcade Edition trailer shows off new mechanics

Hiku said:
V-r0cK said:

Well I thought with the original version, all updates are free but you'd still need to grind to unlock while this Arcade version everyone is already unlocked no?  If im correct then I dont mind waiting to the path of least resistance hehe but if im wrong then I might consider not waiting to buy :P

Oh yeah you're right. You get Season 1 and 2 characters (8 characters in total) unlocked if you buy Arcade Edition.

Isn't it 12 characters total?

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
Hiku said:

Oh yeah you're right. You get Season 1 and 2 characters (8 characters in total) unlocked if you buy Arcade Edition.

Then I shall wait :P

VGPolyglot said:
Hiku said:

It is indeed.
These ones specifically:

Hiku said:
V-r0cK said:

Then I shall wait :P

VGPolyglot said:

It is indeed.
These ones specifically:

Akuma's my all time fav but I dislike his new lion's mane.  Did he train with lions or something I dont know about? lol

V-r0cK said:
Hiku said:

It is indeed.
These ones specifically:

Akuma's my all time fav but I dislike his new lion's mane.  Did he train with lions or something I dont know about? lol

Yeah I hate that look.
At least there's a classic costume, but it's DLC.

Last edited by Hiku - on 19 November 2017

Hiku said:
V-r0cK said:

Yeah I hate that look.

That's good at least.  Whatever happened to the Oni version of Akuma?  Guess it's a one time thing?

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
Hiku said:

Yeah I hate that look.

That's good at least.  Whatever happened to the Oni version of Akuma?  Guess it's a one time thing?

Well the roster is growing with each season, so it's possible we may see Oni at a later date since he was a standalone character from Akuma in SF4.

Hiku said:
V-r0cK said:

Well the roster is growing with each season, so it's possible we may see Oni at a later date since he was a standalone character from Akuma in SF4.

I don't know how many people they'll end up with though, and considering all of the new characters I assume that Oni won't end up making the cut.