Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's the reaction to the lack of Switch Black Friday sales

DialgaMarine said:
SpokenTruth said:

1. Not a stretch.  All will sell. Have you not paid attention this year?
2. Demand spikes during holidays so using current availability as a measure is a bad indicator.
3. They didn't employ artificial demand.  If you knew what that actually was and how it works, you'd know better than suggest it.

Anything else?

Yes, and they haven’t been sold out in months. If Nintendo is serious about increasing shipments, there’s be plenty of leftovers during and after the holidays.

I know exactly what artificial demand is, and it’s exactly what Nintendo did lol 

You keep proving you don't know supply, demand, price elasticity or artificial scarcity.

I'm sorry that Nintendo doing well bothers you but that's no reason to continue perpetuating lies and false information.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Around the Network
nemo37 said:
I feel it will be difficult for Nintendo to compete with PS4 and XONE at such a high price this holiday. I am willing to go as far as to say that it may even result in the system losing momentum. Those that are purchasing Christmas gifts are going to look at the price of the Switch and its games and compare it to PS4 and XONE and its games and make the decision based on that. The weakest part of the Switch and its biggest threat is the price (other threats to the system that follow are lack of third-party support, lack of non-gaming features, and poor online infrastructure).

If Amazon is any indication, the PS4 and xbone's $200 holiday price tags have next to zero effect on how well the Switch sells.  Both of the Switch versions are still hanging around the top 5/top 10 and the only time they go down is when they're out of stock.

DialgaMarine said:
SpokenTruth said:

2. Demand spikes during holidays so using current availability as a measure is a bad indicator.
3. They didn't employ artificial demand.  If you knew what that actually was and how it works, you'd know better than suggest it.

Anything else?

Yes, and they haven’t been sold out in months. If Nintendo is serious about increasing shipments, there’s be plenty of leftovers during and after the holidays.

I know exactly what artificial demand is, and it’s exactly what Nintendo did lol 

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

gotta be an idiot if you expected a black friday deal its the consoles first holiday season

DialgaMarine said:
SpokenTruth said:

Anything else?

*facepalm*

Well, I guess I should have expected there would be some of these users left.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Baddman said:
gotta be an idiot if you expected a black friday deal its the consoles first holiday season

Maybe if the perceived value didn't align like the 3DS which had 249 to 169 drop in the first 6 months.  Or dare I say a Virtual Boy.