By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Switch Will be the Biggest thing ever.

Something of note is the fact that the Switch has a HDMI port.
Up until now getting video capture of Pokemon games has been challenging.
Pokemon Switch will have much more social media coverage.

Given how popular Pokemon is, the ability to share footage will most likely help to generate high unit sales.

Around the Network

Huh, Pokemon DS wasn't bigger than Pokemon GB and Pokemon 3DS was smaller than both of them so how does OP expect Pokemon Switch to be the "biggest thing" ever ...

Isn't it funny how things work out ? 

It sure has the opportunity to be the biggest thing since the last two greatest game ever titles released on the system.

fatslob-:O said:

Huh, Pokemon DS wasn't bigger than Pokemon GB and Pokemon 3DS was smaller than both of them so how does OP expect Pokemon Switch to be the "biggest thing" ever ...

Isn't it funny how things work out ? 

Pokemon "DS" was bigger than Pokemon R/S, though. And Pokemon "3DS" is definitely in the running for matching "DS" performance. On another note, the Switch is neither the 3DS nor the DS, so that's not necessarily relevant to the discussion.

GProgrammer said:
Bigger than GTA?

I have seen multiple references to GTA, specifically Install base won't allow GTA5 like sales. But I think it will have a GTA3 like effect. GTA3 because the ultimate must have and a reason for any bystanders to jump in and get a PS2. That is where I see Pokémon switch. 

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:

Pokemon "DS" was bigger than Pokemon R/S, though. And Pokemon "3DS" is definitely in the running for matching "DS" performance. On another note, the Switch is neither the 3DS nor the DS, so that's not necessarily relevant to the discussion.

Which doesn't really change what I said though since that's a GBA title ... 

OP's premise is already on shaky grounds if we're only considering Pokemon games to begin with ... 

There's other franchises such as Minecraft, GTA, Super Mario, Wii and god forbid even annualized COD series managed to be competitive with Pokemon ... 

I doubt it will be bigger than the original... if it does... then they just gta 5 their series

Mar1217 said:
COKTOE said:
Biggest thing ever eh? Maybe. Grand Theft Auto 5 Online says hello.

Fixed it.

Jaaaa? How does one obtain a copy of the standalone version of GTA Online? ;) And don't disparage the single player like that. Trevor should replace the queen on our money IMO.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

It has to be. Switch needs a master WW hit to seal its future.

I wish there was something to conquer the UK.

Switch!!!

fedfed said:
It has to be. Switch needs a master WW hit to seal its future.

I wish there was something to conquer the UK.

They should capitalize on Twintelle to conquer UK, since she sips tea. Among other attributes.