By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Switch Will be the Biggest thing ever.

spemanig said:
Jranation said:
Hopefully it will get a BOTW and Odyssey treatment!

I doubt it will. The Pokemon Company/Gamefreak doesn't do ambition.

Not that I want it to or think it will or should, but Pokémon Sun and Moon/Ultra were pretty ambitious games for what the 3DS hardware is capable of as well as changing up the formula form tradition. 

Anyways it doesn't need to be open world to be ambitious.

Around the Network
Green098 said:
spemanig said:

I doubt it will. The Pokemon Company/Gamefreak doesn't do ambition.

Not that I want it to or think it will or should, but Pokémon Sun and Moon/Ultra were pretty ambitious games for what the 3DS hardware is capable of as well as changing up the formula form tradition. 

Anyways it doesn't need to be open world to be ambitious.

No, SMT4 is pretty ambitious for what the 3DS is capable of. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is pretty ambitious for what the 3DS is capable of. Sun/Moon are not, Ultra looks to be no different, and all attempts to change the formula were shallow and superfluous. Calling gyms trials isn't some big, cataclysmic change that reinvents the series. It's painting a blue house green.

And frankly, for Pokemon, it does.

If they're smart,they will just remake gen 1 or gen 4 to gain some time,and them work on the "reinvention of the formula" on the next mainline pokemon.

The PKMN Company is one of the most greedy Companies i have ever seen. They will NOT pay extra money for better graphics. Never. They will stay with the 3ds graphics even on the switch. Just the res. will be upgradet. If anyone really thinks we will get a UE4 Mainline PKMN game just didnt understand how the PKMN Company is making money. And because of that high expectations from us fans, and the shitstorm which will happen after the release, it wont sell as much as we think. It will sell a little bit more than Ultra sun and moon. But thats it. 

Biggest thing ever eh? Maybe. Grand Theft Auto 5 says hello.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

I've been saying this form some time... Not only a mainline Pokemon but a PokeMOBA would set the Switch on fire.

I can definitely see Pokemon Switch being a let down if they dont go hard. Pokemon Switch should be a form of evolution for the series, not just Pokemon Coliseum. I would like to see tradition not play a major role.

Xxain said:
I can definitely see Pokemon Switch being a let down if they dont go hard. Pokemon Switch should be a form of evolution for the series, not just Pokemon Coliseum. I would like to see tradition not play a major role.

I wouldn't expect something like Coliseum. I would expect something like sun and moon but 1080p. The hype surrounding a home-console release of pokemon has always expected a massive change, back in the GBA/DS days that probably would have been the case. But is the Switch version really going to be that different from Sun and Moon other then a much higher resolution? The game was already 3d and using 3d models for pokemon on 3ds. How is it truly going to change other than pixel-count?

A full gamecube pokemon RPG compared to Ruby/Saphire would have been significantly different, it would have to be. But is a Switch pokemon rpg going to be that much different from what we got on 3ds?

they should really do away with the turn base system. An action rpg pokemon would be the game to start the nintendo path of domination.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

A lot of good points in this thread. I do feel that the truth is among them somewhere. Pokemon is going to be a huge test for Gamefreak and Nintendo. For a home console title, it has acquired many expectations over the years and recently that conflict with normal process. This game could make or stymie both companies going forward on the level that ET set hopes high and crashed Atari. How they play this out will be interesting.