By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Wars Battlefront 2: Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro (Digital Foundry).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-star-wars-battlefront-2-xbox-one-x-pc-ps4-pro-analysis

Summary (for the lazy ones like me :P): Xbox One X Pixel Count ranges from 1800p-2160p, while PS4 Pro ranges from 1296p-1440p. PC obviously is the best way to go if you have the hardware, but both consoles deliver great value for their price. Xbox One X offers substancial jump in graphics quality, while the PS4 Pro has marginally better performance (though both deliver a mostly locked 60 FPS, which is a big improvement over the first Battlefront game).

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

That's a crazy difference as far as pixel count goes. Sub 2k-2k max Vs 1800p-4k.... A good amount of other smaller improvements too.

The difference between XBOX and PRO is actually bigger than I thought it would be going by games like this Wolfenstein II and Shadow Of War.

Difference between PC and console is notably bigger though.

CGI-Quality said:
Yep. Pro and X can fight for scraps, the real deal is on PC!

Yeah it is.... Been on your graphics showdown thread a couple of times... Battlefront 2 looks unbelievable on your pc.

ironmanDX said:
That's a crazy difference as far as pixel count goes. Sub 2k-2k max Vs 1800p-4k.... A good amount of other smaller improvements too.

The difference between XBOX and PRO is actually bigger than I thought it would be going by games like this Wolfenstein II and Shadow Of War.

1800P = 3200x1800 = 5,760,000 pixels.
1296P = 2304x1296 = 2,985,984 pixels.
A 92.9% increase in the Xbox One X's favor.

2160P = 3840x2160 = 8,294,400 pixels.
1440P = 2560x1440 = 3,686,400 pixels.
A 125% increase in the Xbox One X's favor.

The performance gap is larger than what the raw flops would imply.

Last edited by Pemalite - on 18 November 2017

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

CGI-Quality said:
Yep. Pro and X can fight for scraps, the real deal is on PC!

If it was up to me, I would have made Star Wars the battle of lootboxes, microstransactions edition a PC exclusive. I'm definitely not fighting for a game that makes my platform look bad.

Now if you'll excuse me oh divine representative of the Master Race, your humble peasant servant is going to play some fake PS4 games...

Well my games must be fake, right? Cause the REAL DEAL is on PC and I play on console. Sorry, it's just that I don't know any better down here in my rat hole where I live with my fake gaming system.

EDIT: I'm curious about your avatar, it looks like a picture but I think it's computer generated imagery right? It's a little scary that there is going to be a point at which we can't see the difference between CGI and a real picture. Sorry, I'm a bit off-topic here.

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 18 November 2017

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
ironmanDX said:

1800P = 3200x1800 = 5,760,000 pixels.
1296P = 2304x1296 = 2,985,984 pixels.
A 92.9% increase in the Xbox One X's favor.

2160P = 3840x2160 = 8,294,400 pixels.
1440P = 2560x1440 = 3,686,400 pixels.
A 125% increase in the Xbox One X's favor.

The performance gap is larger than what the raw flops would imply.

Well we did see some 720p XB1 games run at 1080p on the PS4 (COD: Ghosts for example). Still a pretty amazing upgrade.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

That is a big jump for Xbox One X and the reason all my multi-plats will to to Xbox over my Pro.

I would pick up the PC version but my Gaming PC is not nearly as cool as CGI's. On top of that my Xbox One X runs games better than my current rig. Luckily it runs games like Divinity 2 in 4k and Warhammer Total War 2 well enough. I have been buying more games on the MS store for the play anywhere feature for my PC and both of my Xbox Ones. It is an amazing underrated feature.

This games looks amazing on my X, I could only imagine playing it on CGI's rig (drool factor).

Well if you played the PS4 pro version and Xbox X version on the same TV I doubt you would see a drastic difference.

In my opinion from what I've actually seen, these higher resolutions nowadays can't be seen as blurry or anything. So for eg. A 1440p image is going to be steller where as a 4k image will be crisper but if the 1440p is checkerboards to 4k it's not the 100% or 110% better image quality

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Hopefully the Xbox X sells really well so Sony doesn't pull a PS3 and try to stretch the PS4 past it's expiration date. I don't think I can take another 7/8 year cycle with the same console.

Seems like a hefty difference. Have one version received more work?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."