By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's 2018 lineup could be bonkers!

How excited are you for Nintendo's 2018?

MAXIMUM OVERHYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 11 14.29%

Super hyped! 11 14.29%

Cautiously Optimistic 30 38.96%

Meh 15 19.48%

Reserved pessimism 5 6.49%

I am Super Worried for Switch's 2018 2 2.60%

NINTENDOOMED! DOOMED I SAYYYYYYYY!!!!! 3 3.90%

Total:77
Cerebralbore101 said:
sethnintendo said:
Animal Crossing on Switch will make the systems fly in Japan. It is pretty much a given it is coming next year with the release of the phone game.

The team that did Splatoon 2 is the same team that did New Leaf though. Can they really pump AC out just a year and a half after Splatoon 2, while still making new content for Splatoon 2? 

No, it's not, it's a young development team with people from different studios within Nintendo EPD, but the core members were from the AC team. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
sethnintendo said:
Animal Crossing on Switch will make the systems fly in Japan. It is pretty much a given it is coming next year with the release of the phone game.

The team that did Splatoon 2 is the same team that did New Leaf though. Can they really pump AC out just a year and a half after Splatoon 2, while still making new content for Splatoon 2? 

No, Nintendo EPD is more than big enough that can work on couple of games in same time, saying that Splatoon 2 was mostly done buy new team that is part of Nintendo EPD, also Splatoon 2 used most of assets of Splatoon 1 so Splatoon didnt took too many resources, also next year will be 5 years from relasing New Leaf. In other words, new Animal Crossing game can easily be launched next year.

Nem said:

3D land? That would be odd.

Not to burst any bubbles, but it doesn't compare to Zelda + Mario OD + Splatoon 2 + Mario Kart + Xeno 2.

I hope that new Fire Emblem is actually good though. Fates was so cliché and grindy that it put me off the series.
Bring back my boy Ike! (*I wish* Never gonna happen).

Less waifu and more storyu plox.

What i would like to see is a Xeno X port with extra content and save carry over.

I played Conquest, it wasn't grindy at all (you can't even grind much in that game as battles are all limited). 

They better not make more Wii U ports. If there are more Wii U ports in 2018 I'm done with Nintendo for good.

Magnus said:
They better not make more Wii U ports. If there are more Wii U ports in 2018 I'm done with Nintendo for good.

Smash Port is probably coming, prepare yourself and try not to overreact. As long as you get games you want to play does it really matter? The existence of a port doesn't mean everything else doesn't exist.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Magnus said:

Smash Port is probably coming, prepare yourself and try not to overreact. As long as you get games you want to play does it really matter? The existence of a port doesn't mean everything else doesn't exist.

I really doubt they'll make a Smash port, at this point it makes much more sense to release a new Smash game. 

Smash should be a celebration of the console it launches on. I want to see Mario with a move-set based on Odyssey, I want to see Inklings and Arms characters, I want to see the Link of Breath of the Wild (and NOT Twilight Princess), I want to see Rex instead of Shulk, I want to see the new Fire Emblem characters (and NOT the ones from the 3DS games), I want to see new Pokémons, etc.

Alkibiádēs said:
Barkley said:

I really doubt they'll make a Smash port, at this point it makes much more sense to release a new Smash game. 

Smash should be a celebration of the console it launches on. I want to see Mario with a move-set based on Odyssey, I want to see Inklings and Arms characters, I want to see the Link of Breath of the Wild (and NOT Twilight Princess), I want to see Rex instead of Shulk, etc.

You could get all those things in a "smash bros deluxe" though. MK8:D had new characters after all. I think they'll need a release that doesn't need much work to bolster the 2018 lineup that I think otherwise could be pretty sparse as other games they have in development may not be ready for next year. MK8:D proved that being a WiiU game, really doesn't matter that much. It still sells.

Barkley said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Smash should be a celebration of the console it launches on. I want to see Mario with a move-set based on Odyssey, I want to see Inklings and Arms characters, I want to see the Link of Breath of the Wild (and NOT Twilight Princess), I want to see Rex instead of Shulk, etc.

You could get all those things in a "smash bros deluxe" though. MK8:D had new characters after all.

That would require so much work that you're better off making a new game... one that is not bogged down by a 3DS version and with actual good visuals instead of just copy pasting the assets of the games the stages are based on. 

They also need a single-player campaign again like in Brawl. 

I am most excited to see what all the lolligagging developers do now that they realize Switch is a hit.

Square-Enix
Namco-Bandai
Capcom

Looking forward to what they bring.

Hoping for some sorta Final Fantasy VII-IX collection. Ive never been able to sit down and completely play through FFVII on PSONE. Having that on the go (even the OG) would be fantastic.

Magnus said:

Why? A poor lineup with Wii U ports would be bad, but with a good selection of new games, it's just icing on the cake.