By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC gamers, what makes PC gaming better for you?

PC is definitely a plus for modding. There's games I've played that I enjoyed much more because I was able to make my own mods to them and see custom characters in a few of my games. Also, there are just some games I think work better with a mouse, like Minecraft, Starbound, and of course, the shooters.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Azuren said:

Didn't stop him from posting previously in the console thread.

By "him", I imagine you mean me?.

The guy who already owns a 3DS, N3DS and is planning on getting a Switch next year?. There also wasn't a rule in the OP's thread either about who can and cannot comment either.

And I neither attacked you, nor implied attack. I was responding to a post directed at me, calling into question whether or not I should even post here as I don't identify as a PC gamer. I pointed out precedence in your desire to have everyone's opinions tallied, regardless of what kind of gamer they identify as. 

And to top it all off, I only listed things about PC I like. I didn't include things I didn't like, or negative comments, or any unfair comparisons. And before you get defensive, I'm not even saying you did. I point it out because I had three paragraphs previously, and deleted most of it before posting because I'm not here to derail. I've made an active effort to not start shit in your thread.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Ka-pi96 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Depends on the game and the amount of effort that went into it. If you pick some random game that no one has heard of, then nude mods will be bad but if it's like Skyrim and etc, then yea, it's pretty great

But still that's just boobs and dicks flapping around while you're fighting in games like Skyrim right? That doesn't sound all that great. I get the hentai games, nudity makes sense in those, but in other games doesn't it just feel out of place?

I think for most people, it's less about running around naked than it is about using high quality body replacers that let you wear any kind of outfit and customize your character the way you want.  Personally, I download all kinds of outfits and change them a lot.  The body replacer mods for Skyrim and Fallout 4 aren't just good, they're the best in gaming.  The modders have gone well beyond what we get from the developers themselves.  Most of them even offer models with underwear, as well.  

Azuren said:

And I neither attacked you, nor implied attack. I was responding to a post directed at me, calling into question whether or not I should even post here as I don't identify as a PC gamer. I pointed out precedence in your desire to have everyone's opinions tallied, regardless of what kind of gamer they identify as. 

I didn't think you were attacking me or anything, but instead I was asking if it was implied to being me, while at the same time pointing out that I own other systems.

I also didn't think you were starting anything within my thread at all. You listed what you listed and that was fine.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

PC is the central hub of my laife, consoles are just for variety.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

Power. The power to choose how I want a game to look run and what peripherals to use. I don't like platforms that cannot provide me with this basic level of choice.

I don't even need mods. I just want to be able to choose my preferred hardware, have  a graphics menu and be able to choose my peripheral. That's not too much to ask, is it?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

-I can play just about any PC games that were released in the past/Backwards compatibility
-I can change my hardware instead of just buying a new system
-I already pay my ISP so I don't need to pay more to play online
-If something is wrong with the game I can just manually fix it through my game files
-Mods
-I prefer Kb+M over controllers on the majority of game genres
-Better framerate
-Better graphics
-Papa Johns

I regret making this my username, I made this name when I was 13 years old

Life could always get worse, you could be a mod for Neogaf

• Premium materials - not forced to use a cheap, plastic shell
  • Aesthetics - giant aluminium coolers look really nice
  • Control over noise and thermal performance
  • Graphics - I get to enjoy my games at their perfect quality settings, given enough power
  • Mouse and Keyboard - faster, and in my case higher quality
  • Support for more display options / types
  • Emulation
  • Multiple OS options
  • Ability to upgrade
  • Ability to go beyond 60FPS
  • More AA solutions
  • Mods
  • Support for multiple VR units
  • Virtualisation
  • Terminals
  • Gaming hardware doubles as powerful general computing hardware
  • SSDs, load times and being able to do without HDDs just fine
  • Linux boots without hassle and does so well
  • Not locked into one digital marketplace / platform
  • Free online

The Ability to play Portal 2 at 8k with 8xMSAA at over 60FPS is pretty nice.

I don't game as much on PC nowadays, but I do love the customization, especially when it comes to controls.

I can use a DS4 controller no problem for games like Dark Souls and Cuphead, then use a keyboard/mouse for my shooters.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

There's nothing a console can do better than what a PC can do. And dont say Exclusives. PC have there own.